CSNbbs
Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low (/thread-841374.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - SuperFlyBCat - 01-29-2018 11:37 AM

The CBS telecast is down a steep 21 percent from 2017 in early numbers, potentially spelling an all-time low.
Sunday's Bruno Mars-loving Grammy Awards took a steep ratings spill by the first-available metrics.

The show, which ran a bloated three-and-a-half hours, was off an unfortunate 21 percent from 2017 in early numbers. Overnight returns from Nielsen Media give it a 12.7 rating among households — marking its biggest drop since the 2013, the year after the show swelled following the death of Whitney Houston.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/2018-grammy-ratings-sink-years-1079604?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_now_2018-01-29%2006:34:49_moconnell&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - ECUGrad07 - 01-29-2018 11:49 AM

People are tired of their BS. All these hypocritical celebs use these shows as their platform to spout their liberal nonsense... and people don't want to watch it.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - VA49er - 01-29-2018 12:04 PM

(01-29-2018 11:49 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  People are tired of their BS. All these hypocritical celebs use these shows as their platform to spout their liberal nonsense... and people don't want to watch it.

These are the same people that have yet to figure out why Clinton lost. Let them keep shooting themselves in the foot.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - UofMstateU - 01-29-2018 12:06 PM

You, libturds. This is what a "real" poll looks like.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - Lord Stanley - 01-29-2018 12:14 PM

What's a grammy?

[Image: ipad-pro-whats-a-computer-commercial-frame.jpg]

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - Attackcoog - 01-29-2018 12:14 PM

Ive pretty much stopped watching the awards shows because I know Im going to get a bunch of folks degrading my political beliefs and calling conservatives like myself idiots. I have no idea why artists who depend on POULARITY want to alienate half the nation over politics (we dont do that when it comes to differences in religious beliefs). Anyway, I dont need the irritation and aggravation. Watched Netflix last night and I checked the web to see who won today.

If the awards shows continue down this path their viewership will eventually fall about 50%.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - Redwingtom - 01-29-2018 12:26 PM

Good. The Grammy's have become a total **** show. I love music...most all types, but I can't stomach this show any more. The two genre's I like and listen to the most, Metal - Hard Rock and Christian Contemporary don't even get any airtime whatsoever. Instead we have performances and awards to every made up dumb sounding name on the planet.

And then last year when they get a great performance of Gaga and Metallica, they screw up the production.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - VA49er - 01-29-2018 12:30 PM

(01-29-2018 12:26 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Good. The Grammy's have become a total **** show. I love music...most all types, but I can't stomach this show any more. The two genre's I like and listen to the most, Metal - Hard Rock and Christian Contemporary don't even get any airtime whatsoever. Instead we have performances and awards to every made up dumb sounding name on the planet.

And then last year when they get a great performance of Gaga and Metallica, the screw up the production.

The Grammy's became a joke when Jethro Tull beat Metallica for the Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Recording Grammy. That was 1989. The politics just makes the show that much worse.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - Eldonabe - 01-29-2018 12:45 PM

For me it is the self importance of these people.... They are entertainers... no more no less. Just sing your songs and dance clowns...

The abuse stuff does need to stop - no problem hearing that stuff. But stay out of Washington and leave that to the "pros" on CNN and MSNBC etc... .

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - CrimsonPhantom - 01-29-2018 12:51 PM

I missed the grammys?
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9502448]

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - fsquid - 01-29-2018 01:19 PM

I taped it and only watched the performances. Unsure who the opening act was buy he was unwatchable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - bullet - 01-29-2018 01:23 PM

How tone deaf can you get? Putting on a rapist enabler?
Casey Affleck at least had the sense not to appear.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/music/hillary-clinton-spoofs-donald-trump-surprise-fire-fury-reading-grammys-n841836

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - CliftonAve - 01-29-2018 01:23 PM

Guys its not politics, its because people are cutting the cord...

(Some leftist somewhere).

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - rath v2.0 - 01-29-2018 01:31 PM

The minute that I give one extra iota of credence to what some idiot musician or performer thinks on political issues over say my uber driver, the dude sitting next to me at Starbucks or my retired neighbor, et al, please remind me to suck-start a 12 gauge.

These entitled pricks think they have some duty and right to preach about anything....STFU and play music. Or just STFU.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - stinkfist - 01-29-2018 01:35 PM

lol at the grammys.....

they didn't matter when I was a kiddie w/o the internutz....

#circlejerks

#panderingfuks

it's too much fonzies how it's corpshite 'murica that decides the 'who' vs. the 'who becomes'

what a fk'n joke....

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - olliebaba - 01-29-2018 01:38 PM

(01-29-2018 01:31 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  The minute that I give one extra iota of credence to what some idiot musician or performer thinks on political issues over say my uber driver, the dude sitting next to me at Starbucks or my retired neighbor, et al, please remind me to suck-start a 12 gauge.

These entitled pricks think they have some duty and right to preach about anything....STFU and play music. Or just STFU.

...suck start a 12 gauge. Bwahahahahahaha, first time I've ever heard that. Funny!

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - Redwingtom - 01-29-2018 01:52 PM

(01-29-2018 01:19 PM)fsquid Wrote:  I taped it and only watched the performances. Unsure who the opening act was buy he was unwatchable

That was ridiculous. I tuned in expecting a rousing musical number by Corden...but instead got that drivel.

Why was Corden even there?

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - fsquid - 01-29-2018 02:12 PM

(01-29-2018 01:52 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 01:19 PM)fsquid Wrote:  I taped it and only watched the performances. Unsure who the opening act was buy he was unwatchable

That was ridiculous. I tuned in expecting a rousing musical number by Corden...but instead got that drivel.

Why was Corden even there?
Cause he got paid. Now they are being bashed because too many men won awards.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - Kronke - 01-29-2018 02:15 PM

Everything the alt-left touches turns to shite. The dems are basing their 2018 prospects on the same playbook. #MeToo, muh russia, nuh nazis.

Good luck with that.

RE: Grammy Ratings: All Time Low - bearcatfan - 01-29-2018 02:16 PM

Between the political agenda of the show and performers, and the lack of quality of what passes for "music" by most these days, I'm not surprised.