CSNbbs
Mem Tigers game worn helmet - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Tiger-Bay (/forum-502.html)
+------ Thread: Mem Tigers game worn helmet (/thread-840770.html)

Mem Tigers game worn helmet - Swearingen20 - 01-22-2018 11:47 AM

I'm selling a Memphis Tigers game worn helmet for $250. The helmet was worn in the Memphis Tigers New Orleans Bowl victory over North Texas on December 16, 2003.....it's blue with the leaping tiger logo. The helmet has a certificate of authenticity from the University of Memphis. A few months after I got the helmet, I met some of the players and had them autograph the helmet with silver sharpie. Below is a list of autographs on the helmet.........

#20 DeAngelo Williams
#18 Danny Wimprine
#1 Maurice Avery
#7 Cameron Essex
#43 Marcus West
#77 Albert Means
Head Coach Tommy West

If interested, please send me a private message with your phone number and I can text you some pictures.

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - UMTiger02 - 01-22-2018 06:58 PM

(01-22-2018 11:47 AM)Swearingen20 Wrote:  I'm selling a Memphis Tigers game worn helmet for $300. The helmet was worn in the Memphis Tigers New Orleans Bowl victory over North Texas on December 16, 2003.....it's blue with the leaping tiger logo. The helmet has a certificate of authenticity from the University of Memphis. A few months after I got the helmet, I met some of the players and had them autograph the helmet with silver sharpie. Below is a list of autographs on the helmet.........

#20 DeAngelo Williams
#18 Danny Wimprine
#1 Maurice Avery
#7 Cameron Essex
#43 Marcus West
#77 Albert Means
Head Coach Tommy West

If interested, please send me a private message with your phone number and I can text you some pictures.

Not to hijack the thread but, how does one go about obtaining "Game Worn Items" from the University of Memphis? Is it basically just "knowing the right people'? I've always been curious.

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - Swearingen20 - 01-22-2018 07:47 PM

(01-22-2018 06:58 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  
(01-22-2018 11:47 AM)Swearingen20 Wrote:  I'm selling a Memphis Tigers game worn helmet for $300. The helmet was worn in the Memphis Tigers New Orleans Bowl victory over North Texas on December 16, 2003.....it's blue with the leaping tiger logo. The helmet has a certificate of authenticity from the University of Memphis. A few months after I got the helmet, I met some of the players and had them autograph the helmet with silver sharpie. Below is a list of autographs on the helmet.........

#20 DeAngelo Williams
#18 Danny Wimprine
#1 Maurice Avery
#7 Cameron Essex
#43 Marcus West
#77 Albert Means
Head Coach Tommy West

Not to hijack the thread but, how does one go about obtaining "Game Worn Items" from the University of Memphis? Is it basically just "knowing the right people'? I've always been curious.

The month after the New Orleans Bowl, the university had a athletic fundraiser on Channel 10. They were auctioning off a lot of game worn stuff from all sports, meet and greets with coaches and game day experiences with some of the teams. I was lucky enough to win one of the helmets. It also says how desperate the athletic department was for funds at that time. The university needed every dollar they could get their hands on. That was right before Coach Cal went on the big run with the basketball team.

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - BinghamptonNed - 01-23-2018 04:23 PM

#20 DeAngelo Williams
#18 Danny Wimprine
#1 Maurice Avery
#7 Cameron Essex
#43 Marcus West
#77 Albert Means
Head Coach Tommy West

Any idea who wore the helmet in the New Orleans Bowl?

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - Swearingen20 - 01-23-2018 05:34 PM

[/quote]

Any idea who wore the helmet in the New Orleans Bowl?
[/quote]

I can't find a name inside the helmet and there was no name or jersey number given with the paperwork from the university of Memphis

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - Tygrys - 01-24-2018 05:20 PM

(01-22-2018 06:58 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  

#20 DeAngelo Williams
#18 Danny Wimprine
#1 Maurice Avery
#7 Cameron Essex
#43 Marcus West
#77 Albert Means
Head Coach Tommy West

gotigersgo.com used to have an auction page and would often have game worn jerseys on there but that has been gone for a while now.

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - tigernole79 - 01-26-2018 10:26 PM

I have a game used helmet. Got it at a tent sale they had during one of the Spring camps.

They do equipment sales every season now. Game used items, sweats, polos and all types of other things. Wearing one of the hats I picked up from a couple of seasons ago, as I type.

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - Swearingen20 - 02-06-2018 11:59 AM

I'm going to put it on Ebay next week if it does not sell to someone here on MT.org this week. I'm willing to drop the price to $200 before I sell it on Ebay.

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - poppaslaw - 02-07-2018 04:11 PM

Could you post images here, like of the graphs?

RE: Mem Tigers game worn helmet - Swearingen20 - 02-07-2018 06:15 PM

(02-07-2018 04:11 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  Could you post images here, like of the graphs?

I am not able to save the images to the computer to send them. That's why I would need to send it by text