CSNbbs
ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ECU's next Basketball Coach? (/thread-840439.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Doglando - 02-17-2018 10:44 AM

possibly follows if moton were to leave

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - DowdyPirate2 - 02-17-2018 03:12 PM

(02-17-2018 10:44 AM)Doglando Wrote:  

possibly follows if moton were to leave

He played with Bam Adebayo in high school. He’s decent

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - b0ndsj0ns - 02-17-2018 06:50 PM

If I had to put money on it I think it will either be Dooley or Moton.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Fo Shizzle - 02-18-2018 12:47 AM

Moton is probably our best option. He has proven he can coach and has quite a following in the triangle area and in recruiting circles. Im thinking he could bring in a lot of energy to the program that we have never seen in Greenville. I would not balk a Dooley either honestly.. He got shafted before at ECU and maybe wants to prove something...plus he has family ties. The real question for both Dooley, Moton and whoever? Can they recruit talent to come to Greenville that can compete against the upper tier AAC teams? That is of course what the next choice has to be able to do.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - UofMemphis - 02-18-2018 11:35 AM

turn Greenville into an 'international incident' and hire Andy Kennedy...

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Niner National - 02-18-2018 11:56 AM

Why not go for Pitino? I don't care if he's slimy, I'd love to see my school hire him. He wants to coach again and has said he doesn't care about salary. He could make anywhere a winner fast. I guarantee ECU would have a top 25 recruiting class in 2019 if they hired Pitino.

ECU's next Basketball Coach? - PurpleReigns - 02-19-2018 03:35 PM

(02-18-2018 11:56 AM)Niner National Wrote:  Why not go for Pitino? I don't care if he's slimy, I'd love to see my school hire him. He wants to coach again and has said he doesn't care about salary. He could make anywhere a winner fast. I guarantee ECU would have a top 25 recruiting class in 2019 if they hired Pitino.

This is what I’ve been saying ever since he came on the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - jpirate - 02-20-2018 01:05 PM

Petino is a piece of crap, but I'd still take him in a heartbeat. Any good coach we might would get will only be here for a limited time so I'm all for it :)

With that said - will never happen.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - wavefan12 - 02-20-2018 01:19 PM

(02-19-2018 03:35 PM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 11:56 AM)Niner National Wrote:  Why not go for Pitino? I don't care if he's slimy, I'd love to see my school hire him. He wants to coach again and has said he doesn't care about salary. He could make anywhere a winner fast. I guarantee ECU would have a top 25 recruiting class in 2019 if they hired Pitino.

Petino isn't going to ECU, all due respect.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - DownEastPirate - 02-20-2018 01:40 PM

(02-20-2018 01:19 PM)wavefan12 Wrote:  

No, I don't think we'd have a shot at him but hey, in our position I go after who you really want and make them say no.

That said Petino is getting another job somewhere if he really wants one and he's not going to get one at a blue blood, he's not going to get one at a high level major. His best shot at a decent job is a mid to low level major, somewhere like ECU.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - ECUGrad07 - 02-20-2018 01:55 PM

[Image: 041216joedooley.jpg]

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - mikeinoki - 02-20-2018 02:10 PM

We're in enough financial trouble without hiring Pitino.

Rick Pitino raked in 98% of the cash from University of Louisville's current Adidas deal

When University of Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich announced a new deal with athletic apparel giant Adidas on Aug. 25, a reporter asked him if some of the proceeds would be shared with the university. “It’s for the athletic department,” Jurich replied. “It’s for these student-athletes. It’s been earmarked for them.” In fact, under the current deal with Adidas, which expires July 1, 98 percent of the cash provided by Adidas goes to one person: Rick Pitino, the now-suspended head coach.

In 2015-16, for example, $1.5 million went to Pitino under his personal services agreement with the apparel company while just $25,000 went to the program, according to a contract obtained by the Courier-Journal under the state public records act.

The year before, Pitino also got $1.5 million, while the department banked just $10,000.

Under its contract, adidas also provides apparel, shoes and scholarships for an internship program.

Under the existing contract and the new one, any money that Adidas pays to University of Louisville coaches under personal service agreements is deducted from what the company gives to the athletic program.

Was it fair for Jurich to say the Adidas money was for student-athletes?

Kenny Klein, the department's spokesman, said it was.

“Players come here in part because of Coach Pitino. Coaching is part of what we give to student-athletes,” Klein said last month before a bribery scandal prompted the suspensions of Jurich and Pitino.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - k-vegasbuc - 02-23-2018 11:18 PM

So with this FBI investigation going on, there maybe some more candidates that will be available this year. Looking at you Sean Miller.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - 8BitPirate - 02-24-2018 02:57 PM

I asked Rick Pitino if he has had any discussions with any teams on getting back into coaching. His response: "I have not. . . I miss it. I miss every minute of [it]."

Jeff Borzello, ESPN Staff Writer

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Fo Shizzle - 02-25-2018 07:09 PM

After todays debacle against UH....All I can say is Perry is now out of the picture. If our AD choses to hire Perry?...I will protest with my dollars. Time to clean house...period.07-coffee3

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - UofMemphis - 02-25-2018 07:12 PM

Perry would make a fine Assoc HC for the next guy. I'm sure between his 'interim' stints last season and this season he's not only learned a lot about coaching in the AAC but earned the trust of the players.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Fo Shizzle - 02-25-2018 07:33 PM

(02-20-2018 01:19 PM)wavefan12 Wrote:  

Fck that guy. I will remove ALL of my financial backing of my Alma Mater in athletics if he was hired at ECU. Id rather lose every game like we did today against UH than have a coach with such depleted moral and ethical character at the helm and win a national championship. 07-coffee3

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Fo Shizzle - 02-25-2018 07:36 PM

(02-25-2018 07:12 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Perry would make a fine Assoc HC for the next guy. I'm sure between his 'interim' stints last season and this season he's not only learned a lot about coaching in the AAC but earned the trust of the players.
Clean house. Perry would make a good HC for a small school. Id trade him for Moton at NC Central. Moton is ready for major college basketball. Perry is not.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - UofMemphis - 02-25-2018 07:39 PM

Moton's squad looks like crap this season.

hire Andy Kennedy as HC with Perry as Assoc HC...Kennedy will bring his lead recruiter (and former Memphis player) Tony Madlock as an asst and you guys will start winning games and signing solid kids.

RE: ECU's next Basketball Coach? - Fo Shizzle - 02-25-2018 08:14 PM

(02-25-2018 07:39 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Moton's squad looks like crap this season.

hire Andy Kennedy as HC with Perry as Assoc HC...Kennedy will bring his lead recruiter (and former Memphis player) Tony Madlock as an asst and you guys will start winning games and signing solid kids.

We could do worse...and knowing our AD...we most likely will. There are lots of potential hires out there. I think we need to go ahead NOW and strike early before they get gobbled up. Perry is now totally out of the question and I think it is just time to clean house and start fresh. We need to let him find another opportunity.