CSNbbs
Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World (/thread-840074.html)

Pages: 1 2

Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - usmbacker - 01-13-2018 10:42 PM

[Image: 2qks86o.jpg]

Surprise

Quote:Americans on both sides of the political aisle believe the media does a poor job covering political issues fairly, according to a blockbuster new survey of media consumption in 38 nations.

What’s more, the Pew Research Center’s study found that supporters of President Trump believe the media is doing a worse job covering politics than the supporters of any of the other international political leaders in countries surveyed.

“Large gaps in ratings of the media emerge between governing party supporters and non-supporters. On the question of whether their news media cover political issues fairly, for example, partisan differences appear in 20 of the 38 countries surveyed. In five countries, the gap is at least 20 percentage points, with the largest by far in the U.S. at 34 percentage points,” said Pew.

Keep Reading Here...

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - HeartOfDixie - 01-13-2018 10:50 PM

Trained liars...

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - nomad2u2001 - 01-13-2018 10:58 PM

It may, but this isn't the story or study to suggest that. What it does suggest is that the population doesn't trust it for various reasons.

But, I'm not sure Americans want fair media in the first place, we want favorable media. We also want it to be enjoyable, both for the headlines and for the reactions.

There are good people/organizations in American news, but they tend to end up staying small and see their job prospects getting smaller and smaller because the public doesn't want to hear or read what they have to say.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Attackcoog - 01-14-2018 03:02 AM

We have very few reporters anymore. They have been replaced by activists with cameras and microphones.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - chiefsfan - 01-14-2018 03:31 AM

(01-14-2018 03:02 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  We have very few reporters anymore. They have been replaced by activists with cameras and microphones.

It's gotten to where I can't listen to CNN or Fox anymore. The junk that comes out of both networks is completely ridiculous. I've pretty much switched to watching the BBC World News Channel full time. At least I can't detect their bias because I know nothing about UK politics.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 10:01 AM

Americans don’t want to be informed. They want their biases confirmed.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Crebman - 01-14-2018 10:16 AM

(01-13-2018 10:58 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It may, but this isn't the story or study to suggest that. What it does suggest is that the population doesn't trust it for various reasons.

But, I'm not sure Americans want fair media in the first place, we want favorable media. We also want it to be enjoyable, both for the headlines and for the reactions.

There are good people/organizations in American news, but they tend to end up staying small and see their job prospects getting smaller and smaller because the public doesn't want to hear or read what they have to say.

Honestly, I don't really care if a news organization is slanted one way or the other. Where I have heartburn is that they don't make it known up-front and pretend as though they are neutral. Go ahead and cater to an audience, just knock off the false advertising.

I guess it's why Hannity or Maddow don't bother me much as they really aren't pretending to be "reporters of the news".

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 10:25 AM

How about a heart warming story on a paramedic bringing a church shooting victim home.....

An update on Hilary Clinton and Fusion GPS

Fix News has been our downfall.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 10:26 AM

Fox News has been disastrous for our country.

Bring back the fairness doctrine.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - 450bench - 01-14-2018 10:52 AM

***** BREAKING NEWS: Lib delusion is on full display again*****

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Crebman - 01-14-2018 10:59 AM

(01-14-2018 10:52 AM)450bench Wrote:  ***** BREAKING NEWS: Lib delusion is on full display again*****

No kidding. Mach, you are the biggest homer I know on this site and your above posts display it.

Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - slktigers - 01-14-2018 11:15 AM

Lock them up!
Move this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 11:16 AM

I’m the biggest homer for my team on this site. If we were being honest. Your side has much bigger homers you just so happen to agree with them so you don’t notice.

#truthrighthere

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 11:17 AM

Fairness doctrine or we keep getting more polarized.

#truthrighthere

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Crebman - 01-14-2018 11:28 AM

(01-14-2018 11:17 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Fairness doctrine or we keep getting more polarized.

#truthrighthere

C'mon Mach, your side owns the MSM and pretends to be neutral. That horseshit "fairness doctrine" is nothing more than suppression of opposing viewpoints. Why doesn't it surprise me that it's the Democrats that are pushing it.

Typical, suppress opposing views and give it a name that pushes for anything but "fairness"......

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 11:30 AM

Ok,

Now think this through. You get your ideas on MSNBC. We are getting polarized on both sides. To this we can all agree. No?

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Fo Shizzle - 01-14-2018 11:30 AM

(01-14-2018 10:01 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Americans don’t want to be informed. They want their biases confirmed.

That is why I now refuse to watch the network news outlets. The PBS news hour is the closest to objective reporting now. It is the only source that I find credible today.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 11:37 AM

And Republicans want to cut PBS. That should tell you something. It should.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Machiavelli - 01-14-2018 11:38 AM

Except MSNBC has a republican on at 4 in Nicole Wallace. Worked in the Bush White House. Let me know when Fox puts on somebody who worked for the Obama’s.

RE: Pew: US Media Bias Ranks Worst In The World - Crebman - 01-14-2018 11:43 AM

(01-14-2018 11:30 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Ok,

Now think this through. You get your ideas on MSNBC. We are getting polarized on both sides. To this we can all agree. No?

The lazy only look for their biases to be confirmed by only viewing "news" from one source.

People actually looking for the truth view stuff from both left and right. The truth is almost always somewhere in-between.

Often, the most polarized people are that way because they refuse to consider the other point.