CSNbbs
“Tricky Dick” Durbin - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: “Tricky Dick” Durbin (/thread-840001.html)

“Tricky Dick” Durbin - Dasville - 01-13-2018 04:22 AM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/01/12/flashback-that-time-dick-durbin-made-up-a-story-about-a-gop-leader-insulting-pre-n2433826

From the link:

Quote:We’ll get back to that in a second. First, you know, Dick Durbin has said some colorful things himself. In 2005, he compared U.S. troops to Nazis, remarks that he was forced to apologize for on the Senate floor (via WaPo):

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism.

Durbin, the Democratic whip, acknowledged that "more than most people, a senator lives by his words" but that "occasionally words will fail us and occasionally we will fail words." Choking up, he said: "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies."

Tricky Tricky Dick.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Fort Bend Owl - 01-13-2018 06:42 AM

Nice apology. That's all we're asking from Trump too - glad you get it.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Machiavelli - 01-13-2018 07:31 AM

Perfect- I must have missed Trumps apology for this thread to be relevant. What did Donny say?

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - 450bench - 01-13-2018 07:39 AM

Trump has nothing to apologize for.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Dasville - 01-13-2018 09:35 AM

(01-13-2018 07:31 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Perfect- I must have missed Trumps apology for this thread to be relevant. What did Donny say?

Quote:Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Jan 12
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - cb4029 - 01-13-2018 10:02 AM

(01-13-2018 09:35 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 07:31 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Perfect- I must have missed Trumps apology for this thread to be relevant. What did Donny say?

Quote:Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Jan 12
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!

So you prove Trump knows how to lie. We already know that. What's your point?

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - TechRocks - 01-13-2018 10:07 AM

(01-13-2018 06:42 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nice apology. That's all we're asking from Trump too - glad you get it.

An apology for what? Calling a shytehole a shytehole? For the love of god people, grow some balls.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - DefCONNOne - 01-13-2018 10:15 AM

(01-13-2018 04:22 AM)Dasville Wrote:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/01/12/flashback-that-time-dick-durbin-made-up-a-story-about-a-gop-leader-insulting-pre-n2433826

From the link:

Quote:We’ll get back to that in a second. First, you know, Dick Durbin has said some colorful things himself. In 2005, he compared U.S. troops to Nazis, remarks that he was forced to apologize for on the Senate floor (via WaPo):

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism.

Durbin, the Democratic whip, acknowledged that "more than most people, a senator lives by his words" but that "occasionally words will fail us and occasionally we will fail words." Choking up, he said: "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies."

Tricky Tricky Dick.

This passive-agressive BS towards the President is getting real old real fast.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - WKUYG - 01-13-2018 10:19 AM

(01-13-2018 06:42 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nice apology. That's all we're asking from Trump too - glad you get it.

That was no apology....

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies."

He did not say he was regretful for saying what he said, only that "some" felt it crossed the line.

In that quote nowhere did he say he had a "regretful acknowledgment of saying what he said"

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Dasville - 01-13-2018 10:55 AM

(01-13-2018 10:15 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 04:22 AM)Dasville Wrote:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/01/12/flashback-that-time-dick-durbin-made-up-a-story-about-a-gop-leader-insulting-pre-n2433826

From the link:

Tricky Tricky Dick.

President Trump should never have trusted Tricky Dick and he should take a long hard look at Graham. He was right to say "no trust". He should not have left it up to them.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Bull_Is_Back - 01-13-2018 11:36 AM

Where did he say he was sorry for what he said.... He said, "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies.""

That's not saying he was wrong, it's saying "he's sorry" that "some people" believe "some thing"

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - UofMstateU - 01-13-2018 11:47 AM

Durbin called american heros "Nazis"
Hillary called african american boys "Super Predators"
Pelosi called Stoyer, Graham, and crew "5 white guys"

Trump call a location on earth that is a shithole, a shithole.

See the difference now? Or do I need to bring in more leftist racist people for you to see the difference.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Latilleon - 01-13-2018 01:17 PM

(01-13-2018 07:39 AM)450bench Wrote:  Trump has nothing to apologize for.

There is nothing wrong with the President of the United States saying he didn’t want black and brown people immigrants from countries he referred to as ”shitholes” while asking why more people aren’t coming from a country known for being home to white people. Nothing at all. Nothing wrong with him lying and saying he didn’t say it either.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - olliebaba - 01-13-2018 01:41 PM

What makes me laugh is that now there are Haitians who LEFT their country for the US and now are aghast because Trump called their country what they probably called it themselves. They're here for a reason, que no?

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - shere khan - 01-13-2018 01:47 PM

(01-13-2018 10:55 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 10:15 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

From the link:

Tricky Tricky Dick.

President Trump should never have trusted Tricky Dick and he should take a long hard look at Graham. He was right to say "no trust". He should not have left it up to them.

This worries me more than him calling shiteholes, shiteholes. Durbin and Graham are worms.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Machiavelli - 01-13-2018 05:27 PM

How many people leave their homes for better opportunities. Is your home a shirt hole? How about the 600,000 Americans living aboard. You leave for better opportunities. It was a stupid comment and it was racist.

Why not more from Norway? It actually surprises me you guys are even trying to defend it. It also makes me wonder how this guy talks when it’s only Republicans.

He’s just not leadership material. Period

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - Fo Shizzle - 01-14-2018 01:22 PM

Another despicable career politician...go figure.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - bubbapt - 01-14-2018 01:22 PM

Dude flies first class. Just sayin'.

RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin - wmubroncopilot - 01-14-2018 02:14 PM

(01-13-2018 11:47 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Durbin called american heros "Nazis"
Hillary called african american boys "Super Predators"
Pelosi called Stoyer, Graham, and crew "5 white guys"

Trump call a location on earth that is a shithole, a shithole.

See the difference now? Or do I need to bring in more leftist racist people for you to see the difference.

Troops torturing and abusing POWs were American heroes?