CSNbbs
Parks wow! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Parks wow! (/thread-839685.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Parks wow! - Joe1 - 01-09-2018 07:18 PM

Dude is playing some ball!

RE: Parks wow! - MtownTigers916 - 01-09-2018 07:21 PM

He’s my favorite player on this squad. Big game Saturday as well

RE: Parks wow! - stratecashomie - 01-09-2018 07:22 PM

Michael Kareem Abdul Jabbar Parks

RE: Parks wow! - UOFMGLENN - 01-09-2018 09:19 PM

Seems like he is only good for the first half or the second but not both.

RE: Parks wow! - MonsterTigerBlue - 01-09-2018 09:31 PM

I know i thought well one game fluke .... but the young man is coming to play ,looks settled in.

RE: Parks wow! - macgar32 - 01-09-2018 09:32 PM

(01-09-2018 09:30 PM)NJ1 Wrote:  He's made the biggest strides in the fewest amount of games of any player I've ever seen

He is getting better...

But not as good as his stats suggest...

He is getting setup for easy baskets and many putbacks when his man helps on the drive.

Tonight he did have 3 nice moves around the basket to finish though that looked really promising.

It is starting to piss me off that he is the first man down the floor on so many plays yet he only has 1 defensive rebound.

RE: Parks wow! - Tiger1983 - 01-10-2018 01:28 PM

Unfortunately, he has a knee(s) problem. Fortunately, he is playing through it and has been productive. 04-cheers

RE: Parks wow! - southpaw1 - 01-10-2018 01:40 PM

He definitely has a nice touch.

RE: Parks wow! - TigerBill - 01-10-2018 03:00 PM

I love guys like him who play their ass off and over-achieve.

RE: Parks wow! - BinghamptonNed - 01-10-2018 08:13 PM

(01-09-2018 09:30 PM)NJ1 Wrote:  He's made the biggest strides in the fewest amount of games of any player I've ever seen

agreed

RE: Parks wow! - Atlanta - 01-11-2018 09:01 AM

(01-09-2018 09:32 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

He is getting better...

But not as good as his stats suggest...

He is getting setup for easy baskets and many putbacks when his man helps on the drive.

Tonight he did have 3 nice moves around the basket to finish though that looked really promising.

It is starting to piss me off that he is the first man down the floor on so many plays yet he only has 1 defensive rebound.

Sounds like playing as a team which we haven't had in several years.

RE: Parks wow! - holyterror - 01-11-2018 09:27 AM

Plus, I retract much of what I said about Parks' having hands like a clock. He has shown an ability to catch a pass and shoot/lay in with a nice touch. The past couple of games, Parks has been what you HOPE a JUCO can be for your team.

RE: Parks wow! - 450bench - 01-11-2018 09:57 AM

I agree with holyterror...I too have been a critic of Parks...His improvement to this point has been more than impressive...His play has contributed to Martin's success of late as well

RE: Parks wow! - TigerBill - 01-11-2018 11:28 AM

(01-11-2018 09:57 AM)450bench Wrote:  I agree with holyterror...I too have been a critic of Parks...His improvement to this point has been more than impressive...His play has contributed to Martin's success of late as well

Saying that Parks' improvement is only because he's being fed good passes is like saying Anthony Miller only caught so many TDs because Ferguson made great passes to him. Both put themselves in position to score by doing what they're supposed to do.

As much as I have bashed Tubby, if you're gonna be fair to the guy then you have to admit Parks and Martin are getting better under his coaching.

RE: Parks wow! - Oman - 01-11-2018 12:07 PM

(01-11-2018 11:28 AM)TigerBill Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 09:57 AM)450bench Wrote:  I agree with holyterror...I too have been a critic of Parks...His improvement to this point has been more than impressive...His play has contributed to Martin's success of late as well

Saying that Parks' improvement is only because he's being fed good passes is like saying Anthony Miller only caught so many TDs because Ferguson made great passes to him. Both put themselves in position to score by doing what they're supposed to do.

As much as I have bashed Tubby, if you're gonna be fair to the guy then you have to admit Parks and Martin are getting better under his coaching.

The team as a whole is getting better, rotations appear to be set, we are (generally) taking good shots, playing hard, rebounding well, etc. Enoh and Nickleberry are adjusting nicely and Johnson show real nice promise.

There's just not much talent on the team, and for a second year in a rebuild that's not the end of the world. The issue is there doesn't seem to be much coming in either

RE: Parks wow! - memtiger1987 - 01-11-2018 12:30 PM

I have to say that I was more disappointed in Parks than any other player. We really need an inside presence and he just didn’t look up to the job. He looks like he’s turning it around and I think it’s a key part of our improvement.

RE: Parks wow! - 450bench - 01-11-2018 12:33 PM

Absolutely

RE: Parks wow! - TigerBill - 01-11-2018 12:54 PM

(01-11-2018 12:07 PM)Oman Wrote:  

The team as a whole is getting better, rotations appear to be set, we are (generally) taking good shots, playing hard, rebounding well, etc. Enoh and Nickleberry are adjusting nicely and Johnson show real nice promise.

There's just not much talent on the team, and for a second year in a rebuild that's not the end of the world. The issue is there doesn't seem to be much coming in either

I agree completely. If we had some really good players coming next year who fill our needs then I'd be thinking this thing could work out after all. But it's clear that we will never get the caliber of player we need to compete for titles with Tubby here. We have one recruiter on staff, two useless assistants and a coach who thinks players should recruit themselves.

I don't know why he doesn't get this, but suspect he isn't allowed to fire his kid and arrogance fills in the rest. Because it's obvious that if you give the man some talent he can win. I know somebody's going to mention the Lawsons, but cancer is cancer and I'm glad they're gone.

RE: Parks wow! - Tiger1983 - 01-11-2018 01:13 PM

(01-11-2018 12:07 PM)Oman Wrote:  

The acid test for me is winning. I only care about winning (within the rules). I do not care much about how we win.

We won the last two games. Continued wins this season and the supply of legitimate reasons for sufficient wins (especially big regular season games and NCAA Tourney wins) next season is my primary means of evaluating Tubby’s performance.

RE: Parks wow! - 450bench - 01-11-2018 01:38 PM

Bottom line for me is this. Tubby can coach, no question. It is, however, a travesty that he doesn't have the talent to compete on the highest level. That's on his staff which is ultimately on Tubby. It doesn't appear that the he is willing to change that.
If that's truly the deal, he needs to be gone immediately.

Who knows what will happen but we'll find out soon.