CSNbbs
ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year (/thread-839576.html)

ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year - msm96wolf - 01-08-2018 09:11 PM

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn-bowl-audience-12-versus-last-year-heading-championship-game.html

RE: ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year - Kittonhead - 01-09-2018 01:43 AM

ESPN isn't going to be happy then if the conferences tighten up the rules on bowl eligibility.

Bowl agreements could be a lot better. Part of the problem is the NCAA keeps throwing on moratoriums limiting the free market of games. Conferences then scramble to negotiate the existing games which results in sub-optimal arrangements.

RE: ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year - msm96wolf - 01-09-2018 02:27 PM

(01-09-2018 01:43 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  ESPN isn't going to be happy then if the conferences tighten up the rules on bowl eligibility.

Bowl agreements could be a lot better. Part of the problem is the NCAA keeps throwing on moratoriums limiting the free market of games. Conferences then scramble to negotiate the existing games which results in sub-optimal arrangements.

As long as the games bring in eyes, NCAA/ESPN will not kill the golden goose. They will just keep the the cap where it is.

RE: ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year - Gamecock - 01-09-2018 02:48 PM

I have nothing to base this off of, but it feels like there have been much better matchups in the bowls since the playoff started.

RE: ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year - tcufrog86 - 01-09-2018 03:02 PM

(01-09-2018 02:48 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  I have nothing to base this off of, but it feels like there have been much better matchups in the bowls since the playoff started.

Minus not making the CFP in it's first year I have been happy with TCUs bowl match ups since the CFP started. They have been relatively evenly matched games (on paper) against attractive opponents I think both for TCU fans and from a television audience perspective.

#6 TCU vs. #9 Ole Miss in Peach Bowl
#11 TCU vs. #15 Oregon in Alamo Bowl
Unranked TCU vs. Unranked Georgia in Liberty Bowl
#15 TCU vs. #13 Stanford in Alamo Bowl

RE: ESPN Bowl Audience up compared to last year - Attackcoog - 01-09-2018 03:06 PM

(01-09-2018 01:43 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  ESPN isn't going to be happy then if the conferences tighten up the rules on bowl eligibility.

There are plenty of games. Yes a few teams sat home this year--but 2 of the 3 last years we have had to dip into the pool of 5-7 teams to fill all the games. I dont think the NUMBER of games is really the issue--especially for the G5. What the G5 really lacks is good quality post season destinations for the four G5 conference champs that dont go to the access bowl. 04-cheers