CSNbbs
Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" (/thread-839221.html)

Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - CyberBlazer - 01-04-2018 04:32 PM

NM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/01/uab_oc_les_koenning_wont_retur.html#incart_river_home

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - B'ham Blazer - 01-04-2018 04:40 PM

Between scoring 3 second half points to a otherwise winless Charlotte team, to only managing 3 net rushing yards against the worst Florida team in 15 years, to laying an egg in the Bahamas, I imagine it was official a long time before today. They were probably just stalling, so they would not have to pay a buy out.

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - busch - 01-04-2018 05:10 PM

(01-04-2018 04:32 PM)CyberBlazer Wrote:  NM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/01/uab_oc_les_koenning_wont_retur.html#incart_river_home

Hope you don't wait on al.com to make anything official when it comes to UAB. They aren't exactly timely with their UAB info.

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - scales - 01-04-2018 07:41 PM

No surprise. Les was shopping himself to other schools before the season started.

Best of luck. He is a well documented travel coach that doesn't put roots down for too long.

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - FNblazer - 01-04-2018 07:55 PM

I knew he was done when Mrs Clark was questioning the playcalling in the Alamodome during the 2nd half. 03-nutkick

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - hooverblazer - 01-04-2018 08:11 PM

Some of our offensive players seem excited by the news

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - Blazer Engineer - 01-04-2018 09:22 PM

(01-04-2018 07:55 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  I knew he was done when Mrs Clark was questioning the playcalling in the Alamodome during the 2nd half. 03-nutkick

Truth

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - 82blazer - 01-04-2018 09:32 PM

so is it pretty set in stone that Vincent will be the new OC or is there a chance Freeman (if he comes to UAB) will be the new OC

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - ICB - 01-04-2018 09:34 PM

Will Freeman walk away from the brand new facilities they are building at Thompson?

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - B'ham Blazer - 01-04-2018 09:37 PM

(01-04-2018 09:32 PM)82blazer Wrote:  so is it pretty set in stone that Vincent will be the new OC or is there a chance Freeman (if he comes to UAB) will be the new OC

Freeman would not leave his $130,000 a year gig at Thompson for anything less than the OC job. He would recruit circles around Vincent too.

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - 82blazer - 01-04-2018 09:42 PM

i agree, if you can get Freeman as OC go get him. As i said in another post, i like Vincent but he had a ton of talent in 2014 to work with on the offensive side of the ball. Didn't do so hot at USA this year, although i am not sure of the circumstances surrounding him.
i am just glad Les is gone. He didn't seem to be well liked by the players and i never like to hear about a coach dog-cussing players. You can get your point across without all of that.

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - B'ham Blazer - 01-04-2018 09:47 PM

(01-04-2018 09:42 PM)82blazer Wrote:  i agree, if you can get Freeman as OC go get him. As i said in another post, i like Vincent but he had a ton of talent in 2014 to work with on the offensive side of the ball. Didn't do so hot at USA this year, although i am not sure of the circumstances surrounding him.
i am just glad Les is gone. He didn't seem to be well liked by the players and i never like to hear about a coach dog-cussing players. You can get your point across without all of that.

Most everybody associated with the program is glad to see him gone. Hopefully, Clark won't make another clunker hire like that this time around. Freeman would be my pick, but Vincent can do well too, although they stunk at USA this year.....might have been more Joey Jones doings though (?)

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - 82blazer - 01-04-2018 09:50 PM

(01-04-2018 09:47 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 09:42 PM)82blazer Wrote:  i agree, if you can get Freeman as OC go get him. As i said in another post, i like Vincent but he had a ton of talent in 2014 to work with on the offensive side of the ball. Didn't do so hot at USA this year, although i am not sure of the circumstances surrounding him.

Most everybody associated with the program is glad to see him gone. Hopefully, Clark won't make another clunker hire like that this time around. Freeman would be my pick, but Vincent can do well too, although they stunk at USA this year.....might have been more Joey Jones doings though (?)

i think being an OC for Jones is about like being the OC for Malzahn. The offense will never be your offense

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - B'ham Blazer - 01-04-2018 09:58 PM

(01-04-2018 09:50 PM)82blazer Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 09:47 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  

i think being an OC for Jones is about like being the OC for Malzahn. The offense will never be your offense

That is sort of what I was thinking too. Vincent is only 42, so he is probably still evolving as a coach.

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - TPBlaze84 - 01-04-2018 10:01 PM

(01-04-2018 09:37 PM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 09:32 PM)82blazer Wrote:  so is it pretty set in stone that Vincent will be the new OC or is there a chance Freeman (if he comes to UAB) will be the new OC

Freeman would not leave his $130,000 a year gig at Thompson for anything less than the OC job. He would recruit circles around Vincent too.

Yeah, the way Freeman has been able to recruit athletes across the Bham Metro to come to Thompson makes me think he’d do well among the college ranks as well

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - hooverblazer - 01-04-2018 10:04 PM

Would be nice if hiring Freeman meant a package deal with Taulia Tagovailoa

https://247sports.com/Player/Taulia-Tagovailoa-90519

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - BlazinBham - 01-04-2018 10:09 PM

Freeman would be due a substantial raise to come to UAB and maybe an associate/assistant HC tag, too. Thompson’s getting a new school, Football facilities, and stadium. If Les was making $200k plus

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in... - cb4029 - 01-05-2018 10:48 AM

Hearing that coach K is on the campus of a rival school. 05-stirthepot

RE: Does THis Makes It Official? From AL.Com "UAB OC Les Koenning won't return in 2018" - the_blazerman - 01-05-2018 11:30 AM

I can't believe we allowed him to get away.