CSNbbs
App State is it time to move up? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: App State is it time to move up? (/thread-838305.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

App State is it time to move up? - Kittonhead - 12-25-2017 12:25 AM

Winning 3 straight FBS bowls in 3 years of eligibility I'm starting to think its time for App State to move up.

Independence Bowl, Liberty Bowl....I like to see App St. get a chance to move up to a bigger bowl next season.

The system needs to provide more for a G5 too good for a lower tier bowl but without the highest rating among G5 conferences that season.

Las Vegas
Sun
Liberty
Independence

Should take the G5 champs not in the access bowl vs. a Top 25 P5 team.

05-stirthepot

RE: App State is it time to move up? - MWC Tex - 12-25-2017 12:31 AM

Need to move up from the Sunbelt.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - Kittonhead - 12-25-2017 12:33 AM

App State vs. a P5 in a bowl I'd want to see.

They deserve a chance.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - ark30inf - 12-25-2017 01:01 AM

(12-25-2017 12:33 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  App State vs. a P5 in a bowl I'd want to see.

They deserve a chance.
First everyone had this crush on the Cajuns, and now a crush on the Apps. Gotta be one every year I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RE: App State is it time to move up? - C2__ - 12-25-2017 04:26 AM

Move up? They're barely FBS.

App State is it time to move up? - AppNation85 - 12-25-2017 08:39 AM

CUSA should dump Charlotte and add App State if contracts allow and App is even willing to go at this point. AAC and all P5s still out of reach and every other conference doesn’t make sense geographically.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - TerryD - 12-25-2017 09:14 AM

My wife and I bought a second home in Mouth of Wilson, VA. When I retire in 18 months, we are going to spend half the year there.

Boone, NC is about 45 minutes away. I am going to have to check out App State football.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - Gamecock - 12-25-2017 09:23 AM

App State should probably be in CUSA or even the AAC

RE: App State is it time to move up? - Yosef Himself - 12-25-2017 09:49 AM

App State should be in whatever conference Georgia Southern, Troy, ArkSt, Marshall, USM, WKU, MTSU, UL and CCU are in.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: App State is it time to move up? - ken d - 12-25-2017 10:10 AM

(12-25-2017 09:49 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  App State should be in whatever conference Georgia Southern, Troy, ArkSt, Marshall, USM, WKU, MTSU, UL and CCU are in.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get there frome here.

The question for me is: What is the "up" one might move to? Other than the AAC, there doesn't seem to be any.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - msm96wolf - 12-25-2017 10:15 AM

Swapping out for ECU for App makes the most sense. 04-cheers

RE: App State is it time to move up? - C2__ - 12-25-2017 10:24 AM

(12-25-2017 09:23 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  App State should probably be in CUSA or even the AAC

They should be in the Southern Conference. They're doing well to be where they are.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - Yosef Himself - 12-25-2017 10:30 AM

Lol that's the weakest troll effort I've seen this week

RE: App State is it time to move up? - Wolfman - 12-25-2017 10:36 AM

I believe they looked at CUSA. With ECU leaving/gone and little interest from CUSA, they opted for the Sun Belt.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - C2__ - 12-25-2017 10:40 AM

@Yosef

What, you think if North Dakota State was FBS they wouldn't be at least as good as App. State? I only suggested they move up because they must be getting bored but they otherwise are not an FBS program. The same holds true for App. State. They're borderline at best. You can be competitive on the field and not belong. Meanwhile, a school like James Madison belongs regardless of how good they are. They look the part in every way.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - TrueBlueDrew - 12-25-2017 10:41 AM

(12-25-2017 09:23 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  App State should probably be in CUSA or even the AAC

The point would be to move “up.” I think only the AAC would be a step up from the Sun belt. CUSA not so much.

Regardless, they have a chance to play in the Access bowl like any other G5 and they can do that in the Sun Belt. That’s about the highest a G5 can go currently.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - TrueBlueDrew - 12-25-2017 10:45 AM

(12-25-2017 10:40 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  @Yosef

What, you think if North Dakota State was FBS they wouldn't be at least as good as App. State? I only suggested they move up because they must be getting bored but they otherwise are not an FBS program. The same holds true for App. State. They're borderline at best. You can be competitive on the field and not belong. Meanwhile, a school like James Madison belongs regardless of how good they are. They look the part in every way.

JMU and NDSU’s problem is that they don’t have an available spot in a conference to move into and they don’t have the finances and pull with the NCAA to move up and be an independent like Liberty did.

RE: App State is it time to move up? - Yosef Himself - 12-25-2017 10:53 AM

(12-25-2017 10:40 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  @Yosef

Nah. Jmu is a decade behind app

RE: App State is it time to move up? - Side Show Joe - 12-25-2017 10:56 AM

(12-25-2017 09:49 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  App State should be in whatever conference Georgia Southern, Troy, ArkSt, Marshall, USM, WKU, MTSU, UL and CCU are in.

Ha! Not happening, but congratulations on another good season.

App State is it time to move up? - ark30inf - 12-25-2017 11:35 AM

Pretty typical, when the Sun Belt does something well someone starts advocating its breakup. When it doesn't do well someone starts advocating its move to FCS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk