CSNbbs
Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread (/thread-838262.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - EDLUVAR - 12-25-2017 12:33 AM

(12-25-2017 12:29 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:27 AM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:26 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:24 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  And I'll say it again... This was a gift wrap game for Fresno... I can say this b/c Houston does have potential at almost every position.

I'm just glad this season is over

Merry Christmas everyone 04-cheers

Go Coogs 04-rock

Once again:

Texas > Cesspool, grimy, dingy, grody, dirty, moldy, smog filled, insane asylum, commie crap hole, etc... California

Each their own. Not a fan of MAGA states.

Ok, fair enough then. Regardless, I have been to Texas. Fun state. Friendly people. Much better than my native Florida.

Word to the wise: Stay out of Florida. It has turned to #@$^@#$.

04-cheers kick Auburns @$$

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Coog Engineer - 12-25-2017 12:33 AM

(12-25-2017 12:25 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:24 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:10 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:07 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:02 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  Dude he called the plays the entire game and not one of them were very creative.

Stop being a pathetic apologist and just admit that applewhite needs to go!

Sent from my Necronomicon using DemonTalk

Dude, I've been pretty patient with you. Even though you know less football than my filipina girlfriend, I've tried to talk to you with some respect.

I'm gonna just chalk it up to you being drunk, but dude. Check it.

Haha ok bro. You sound just like texans fans who make excuses for all the mediocre seasons and then get pissed at fans that realize there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

If me realizing we have a bad coach makes you think im drunk thats hilarious!

I'm not your bro. Sorry, but all my "bros" know football. You don't know football. You WANT to sound like you know football but you really don't.

Now, I know the kind of fans like you, you're not the only one that didn't want Applewhite from the beginning, so you'll say anything to prove he's horrible. Theres lots like you, and they all sound like you too.

He's not great, at least not yet, but he's not horrible. You're outta your mind but I'm not gonna try to deny you your opinion, even if it's based on ignorant football notions.

But I guess sadly for you, Applwhite's not going anywhere, so I guess you're gonna be a miserable UH football hater and this board is just going to have to enjoy your "APPLEWHITE MUST GO" campaign for another year at least. Should be fun.

You mean UH fans are going to have to suffer with the fact that the best player in UH history is going to be wasted by a coach like applewhite. I bet you thought tony levine was a good coach to eh?

Get outta here with your ridiculous simpleton comparisons of Levine vs. Applewhite.

Levine had no credentials coming in. Full stop. End of discussion. No further comparisons between the two are valid, so just stop.

See? This is what I mean by your zero football knowledge. You go off things like win-loss records to prove your point? Really? You think Sumlin was a bad coach? You think Briles was a bad coach? Both of them finished their first years at UH with the same record Applelwhite has now. Look it up.

Your reasons for not liking Applewhite are your own, and I really don't care to know why, but please, once and for all, stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to coaching or play calling.

Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Westhoff123 - 12-25-2017 12:33 AM

(12-25-2017 12:32 AM)sierrajip Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:31 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:30 AM)Limebull Wrote:  I honestly don't feel bad for Houston because of all the **** talking they do to USF

Please... we **** talk quo not usf... big difference.

Not hard to do, is it.

Nope lol!

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - thespiritof1976 - 12-25-2017 12:34 AM

(12-25-2017 12:33 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:31 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:29 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:27 AM)pesik Wrote:  our new OC hire will be program defining

Could be career defining for Applewhite lol

Definitely going to be a big decision. How much this team grows in the offseason is going to largely fall on how King develops. Though its our secondary that really needs to step its game up.

What do you think about.....wait for it....

Andre Ware

-or-

One of the Klingler brothers ?

I want Keenum but he's too busy killing it with the Vikings. Lol

His success makes me feel a little less bad about him shredding the Bucs so much the past few years.

Yeah, he was a diamond in the rough. Glad he got his shot. I bet the Texans wish they still had him.

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - thespiritof1976 - 12-25-2017 12:35 AM

(12-25-2017 12:33 AM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:24 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  And I'll say it again... This was a gift wrap game for Fresno... I can say this b/c Houston does have potential at almost every position.

Go Coogs 04-rock

Once again:

Texas > Cesspool, grimy, dingy, grody, dirty, moldy, smog filled, insane asylum, commie crap hole, etc... California

Ok, fair enough then. Regardless, I have been to Texas. Fun state. Friendly people. Much better than my native Florida.

I hope so because if they do I have some "UCF National Co-Champions" t-shirts ready to be printed.

Seriously. There are plans to make some and sell them on UCF's campus and online should UCF pull it off.

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - thespiritof1976 - 12-25-2017 12:36 AM

Ok, so who do YOU Cougar fans want to run the ship ?

Maybe someone who runs a Scott Frost type of offense ?

If so, how about the HC at Austin Peay ?

EDIT: Can someone tell me how to give positive reputation points ? I can't get anyone with tech. support to respond.

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - WhoseHouse? - 12-25-2017 12:37 AM

(12-25-2017 12:32 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:31 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:28 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:26 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:21 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  How you make a ridiculous statement then when i ask how you come to that conclusion you response is “you’re r an idiot” lol i’ll go ahead say you know im right and you’re angry about it.

I'm sorry that was frustration lashing out, but seriously I could make a well reasoned case and I know its not going to have any effect on you. Your mind is already made up so I'm just not going to waste the energy. I think 9-10 wins is definitely possible and I base that what we have coming back and what the rest of the league has coming back.

Same thing was said with tony levine and we know how thag turned out. Hell he actually won more games than applewhite and anyone who says he was a good coach is an idiot.

Actually when you compare their first season's Applewhite was better by two games. If he makes a good OC hire and King progresses this will be a much improved team next season.

Im talking the year he got fired. He won 8 games and applewhite won 7. Levine actually improved in the second year and it was very clear he was not a good coach.

If Applewhite win 6-7 games next season I'd be more than happy to see him go. But the man deserves a chance to grow as a coach. We started 3 QB's this year. Usually when that happens a team isn't going to be very good. Make a good hire for the OC. Drill the hell out of the secondary. Develop King's passing game. You do that and this team will compete for the conference championship.

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - BigHouston - 12-25-2017 12:37 AM

(12-25-2017 12:26 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:21 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:19 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:18 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:16 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  Lets keep in mind he was hurt last offseason and has never spent a full spring and summer taking reps at QB since being at UH. I think 9-10 wins is definitely possible next season.

Its going to take a miracle to win 6 games next year lets not kid ourselves. What have you seen from the coaching staff to give you any kind of confidence?

You're an idiot.

How you make a ridiculous statement then when i ask how you come to that conclusion you response is “you’re r an idiot” lol i’ll go ahead say you know im right and you’re angry about it.

I'm sorry that was frustration lashing out, but seriously I could make a well reasoned case and I know its not going to have any effect on you. Your mind is already made up so I'm just not going to waste the energy. I think 9-10 wins is definitely possible and I base that what we have coming back and what the rest of the league has coming back.

I too also believe 10 wins is very doable... King is only going to be a junior but much more seasoned with bowl experience.

I like to see Oliver moved around rather than keeping him at center position only... We're not utilizing Oliver's full talent, imo.

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - EDLUVAR - 12-25-2017 12:38 AM

Applewhite and Harsin were co oc's at Texas.

Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Westhoff123 - 12-25-2017 12:40 AM

(12-25-2017 12:33 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:25 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:24 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:10 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:07 AM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  Dude, I've been pretty patient with you. Even though you know less football than my filipina girlfriend, I've tried to talk to you with some respect.

I'm gonna just chalk it up to you being drunk, but dude. Check it.

Haha ok bro. You sound just like texans fans who make excuses for all the mediocre seasons and then get pissed at fans that realize there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

If me realizing we have a bad coach makes you think im drunk thats hilarious!

I'm not your bro. Sorry, but all my "bros" know football. You don't know football. You WANT to sound like you know football but you really don't.

Now, I know the kind of fans like you, you're not the only one that didn't want Applewhite from the beginning, so you'll say anything to prove he's horrible. Theres lots like you, and they all sound like you too.

He's not great, at least not yet, but he's not horrible. You're outta your mind but I'm not gonna try to deny you your opinion, even if it's based on ignorant football notions.

But I guess sadly for you, Applwhite's not going anywhere, so I guess you're gonna be a miserable UH football hater and this board is just going to have to enjoy your "APPLEWHITE MUST GO" campaign for another year at least. Should be fun.

You mean UH fans are going to have to suffer with the fact that the best player in UH history is going to be wasted by a coach like applewhite. I bet you thought tony levine was a good coach to eh?

Get outta here with your ridiculous simpleton comparisons of Levine vs. Applewhite.

Levine had no credentials coming in. Full stop. End of discussion. No further comparisons between the two are valid, so just stop.

See? This is what I mean by your zero football knowledge. You go off things like win-loss records to prove your point? Really? You think Sumlin was a bad coach? You think Briles was a bad coach? Both of them finished their first years at UH with the same record Applelwhite has now. Look it up.

Your reasons for not liking Applewhite are your own, and I really don't care to know why, but please, once and for all, stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to coaching or play calling.

Nope i never thought briles or Sumlin were bad coaches and it has nothing to do with record either. Just watching the plays being called and how the team is coached is what makes me think he was a bad coach.

If we were scoring and having an efficient offense i would be happy with applewhite since hats his forte. Heck the defense could have even been bad and i would have been happy with applewhite, we lost alot of guys last year on D. But the fact that the offense the one thing that applewhite actually coaches is bad, that’s unacceptable period!

Levine was actually our special teams coordinator so its not like he had no experience.

But you also ignore the fact that applewhite was hired purely for money reasons his coaching ability never played a factor and that alone should have scared. Do you forget that herman routinely questioned applewhite play calling in press conferences? No because you are an apologist you’ll make excuses for anything.

Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Westhoff123 - 12-25-2017 12:41 AM

(12-25-2017 12:36 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Ok, so who do YOU Cougar fans want to run the ship ?

EDIT: Can someone tell me how to give positive reputation points ? I can't get anyone with tech. support to respond.

You need 500 posts before you can give rep points.

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - pesik - 12-25-2017 12:41 AM

(12-25-2017 12:36 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Ok, so who do YOU Cougar fans want to run the ship ?

any offense capable of doing 40 a game

and clicking their reputation points or the plus sign next to quote on the post at the bottom

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - EDLUVAR - 12-25-2017 12:42 AM

It's the plus symbol with the person by the find button at the bottom of the post.

Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Westhoff123 - 12-25-2017 12:42 AM

(12-25-2017 12:42 AM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  

It's the plus symbol with the person by the find button at the bottom of the post.

He doesn’t have enough posts yet.

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Dawgxas - 12-25-2017 12:42 AM

Good game Fresno!

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Dawgxas - 12-25-2017 12:43 AM

Ex-WAC dominates AAC

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - sierrajip - 12-25-2017 12:43 AM

(12-25-2017 12:33 AM)EDLUVAR Wrote:  

Go Coogs 04-rock

Once again:

04-cheers

Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Westhoff123 - 12-25-2017 12:43 AM

(12-25-2017 12:41 AM)pesik Wrote:  

any offense capable of doing 40 a game

and clicking their reputation points or the plus sign next to quote on the post at the bottom

Something that applewhite has shown to be incapable of...

RE: Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - NTXCoog12 - 12-25-2017 12:43 AM

(12-25-2017 12:37 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:32 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:31 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:28 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 12:26 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  I'm sorry that was frustration lashing out, but seriously I could make a well reasoned case and I know its not going to have any effect on you. Your mind is already made up so I'm just not going to waste the energy. I think 9-10 wins is definitely possible and I base that what we have coming back and what the rest of the league has coming back.

Same thing was said with tony levine and we know how thag turned out. Hell he actually won more games than applewhite and anyone who says he was a good coach is an idiot.

Actually when you compare their first season's Applewhite was better by two games. If he makes a good OC hire and King progresses this will be a much improved team next season.

Im talking the year he got fired. He won 8 games and applewhite won 7. Levine actually improved in the second year and it was very clear he was not a good coach.

If Applewhite win 6-7 games next season I'd be more than happy to see him go. But the man deserves a chance to grow as a coach. We started 3 QB's this year. Usually when that happens a team isn't going to be very good. Make a good hire for the OC. Drill the hell out of the secondary. Develop King's passing game. You do that and this team will compete for the conference championship.

But why did we start 3 QBs? Because we couldn't or wouldn't adjust the offense for a pocket passer whose strength is definitely not as a running QB?
Or because we thought a QB who should be a career backup, or better yet WR, should be a starting QB?

Better yet, if you have 3 QBs start and none of them can stand out, maybe it's not the QBs, but it's the coaching/playcalling/offensive design?

Houston vs Fresno State (Hawaii Bowl) GameThread - Westhoff123 - 12-25-2017 12:44 AM

(12-25-2017 12:43 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  Ex-WAC dominates AAC

Everyone dominates with applewhite as coach.