CSNbbs
The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED (/thread-837643.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - WMSportsBlog - 12-18-2017 07:48 PM

Ever wonder what a scientific analysis and ranking of CAA basketball stadiums looks like? Well, wonder no more! Check out our DEFINITIVE LIST of the BEST stadiums in the CAA.

What are your thoughts on the matter, Dub Nation?

Article: https://wmsportsblog.com/2017/12/19/the-definitive-list-caa-basketball-stadiums-ranked/

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Stadiums...RANKED - 82hawk - 12-18-2017 08:23 PM

(12-18-2017 07:48 PM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  Ever wonder what a scientific analysis and ranking of CAA basketball stadiums looks like? Well, wonder no more! Check out our DEFINITIVE LIST of the BEST stadiums in the CAA.

What are your thoughts on the matter, Dub Nation?

Article: https://wmsportsblog.com/2017/12/19/the-definitive-list-caa-basketball-stadiums-ranked/

Seems pretty accurate to me. The CAA doesn't rate 10,000 seat stadiums, which probably hurts the larger ones. I am looking forward to Elons new location, which seems well designed from concepts.

Trask seems to carry the tradition of being loud and intimidating when it's full and a good game is in progress. It has been known as one of the toughest atmospheres in the CAA. The recent games I remember as being truly loud were against the Tribe and CoC.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Stadiums...RANKED - SomebodyToLove - 12-18-2017 10:13 PM

Was happy to see Matthews at #4. It's not new with great sight lines, but it has a lot of history. If you ever come up for a road game someday, I recommend taking in a hockey game while you're here.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Stadiums...RANKED - Seahawkhoops - 12-19-2017 07:55 AM

Pretty good articles, although with the "stadium" reference i thought i was looking at football. I'd think it would be arenas.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Stadiums...RANKED - EvanJ - 12-19-2017 08:24 AM

You're out of date in two ways. At the top you used UNCW's old logo, and Hofstra Arena changed to the Mack Sports Complex a few years ago. I'm surprised Trask only holds 5,200.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Stadiums...RANKED - B_Hawk06 - 12-19-2017 08:34 AM

Overall, good article. There's minor fixes sure, but it's a fun read and something most fan boards discuss annually.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - B_Hawk06 - 12-19-2017 08:36 AM

(12-19-2017 07:55 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Pretty good articles, although with the "stadium" reference i thought i was looking at football. I'd think it would be arenas.

Fixed...

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - tke75hawk - 12-19-2017 09:37 AM

When trask was was built it held 6100.the upgrades reduced seating downstairs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - SEA33HAWK - 12-19-2017 10:14 AM

Trask use to be known as the toughest place to play in the CAA. Would love to get back to that.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - Seahawkhoops - 12-19-2017 10:18 AM

(12-19-2017 10:14 AM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  Trask use to be known as the toughest place to play in the CAA. Would love to get back to that.

I think we were getting back there last year. The games i went too last year reminded me a lot of the "Good ole days" in terms of atmosphere. But, i wonder if we take another step back with a bad season, or two.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - jdp8540 - 12-19-2017 02:02 PM

I am a little surprised that Charleston was so low. Their arena looks modern and nice. They also seem to draw the second most fans at home games[/align][/u] (besides UNCW of course).

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - dan10 - 12-19-2017 03:53 PM

Even the pictures were dated some. Drexel has made some major improvements in the past few years that did not appear to be captured in the pictures etc, including getting rid of many of the bleachers and replacing with seat backs, as well as closing the corners to give it a more arena-like feel versus the crappy gym it was/is. Was glad to not see it at the bottom, even though it certainly is close even with the upgrades. When full with a good team the DAC is definitely one of the toughest places to place due to the intimacy of the stands to the court. Unfortunately it has been 5 years since we have had something to be excited over.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - B_Hawk06 - 12-19-2017 04:25 PM

(12-19-2017 03:53 PM)dan10 Wrote:  Even the pictures were dated some. Drexel has made some major improvements in the past few years that did not appear to be captured in the pictures etc, including getting rid of many of the bleachers and replacing with seat backs, as well as closing the corners to give it a more arena-like feel versus the crappy gym it was/is. Was glad to not see it at the bottom, even though it certainly is close even with the upgrades. When full with a good team the DAC is definitely one of the toughest places to place due to the intimacy of the stands to the court. Unfortunately it has been 5 years since we have had something to be excited over.

How do you get so much intimacy out of fans with seat backs?

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - jumpinmullet - 12-19-2017 04:43 PM

Trask is not the same place it was back in the day,even when the team is playing well. Hope that does not seem like an old guy longing for the good ole days but hey thats the way it is! Woo!

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - Seahawkhoops - 12-19-2017 04:47 PM

(12-19-2017 04:43 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  Trask is not the same place it was back in the day,even when the team is playing well. Hope that does not seem like an old guy longing for the good ole days but hey thats the way it is! Woo!

it got close at points last year......

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - 82hawk - 12-19-2017 05:14 PM

(12-19-2017 04:47 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 04:43 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  Trask is not the same place it was back in the day,even when the team is playing well. Hope that does not seem like an old guy longing for the good ole days but hey thats the way it is! Woo!

CofC and William and Mary games were every bit as loud as the good old days.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - B_Hawk06 - 12-19-2017 08:24 PM

Mullet has a decent point there. There were times in the early to mid 2000s when it didn't matter who we were playing. The fans showed up and put out for the team. Student participation is a huge key.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - 82hawk - 12-20-2017 07:30 AM

(12-19-2017 08:24 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  

Mullet has a decent point there. There were times in the early to mid 2000s when it didn't matter who we were playing. The fans showed up and put out for the team. Student participation is a huge key.

Success is a huge key...

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - EvanJ - 12-20-2017 07:43 AM

(12-19-2017 08:24 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  Mullet has a decent point there. There were times in the early to mid 2000s when it didn't matter who we were playing. The fans showed up and put out for the team. Student participation is a huge key.
Your 2005-2006 CAA championship team averaged 5,664, which is more than Trask holds now.

RE: The Definitive List: CAA Basketball Arenas/Coliseums... RANKED - jcohen42 - 12-20-2017 08:18 AM

(12-19-2017 04:25 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 03:53 PM)dan10 Wrote:  Even the pictures were dated some. Drexel has made some major improvements in the past few years that did not appear to be captured in the pictures etc, including getting rid of many of the bleachers and replacing with seat backs, as well as closing the corners to give it a more arena-like feel versus the crappy gym it was/is. Was glad to not see it at the bottom, even though it certainly is close even with the upgrades. When full with a good team the DAC is definitely one of the toughest places to place due to the intimacy of the stands to the court. Unfortunately it has been 5 years since we have had something to be excited over.

How do you get so much intimacy out of fans with seat backs?

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
I don't think he was using the word "intimacy" the way you just attempted to.