CSNbbs
Challenging game Monday - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: Bronco Basketball (/forum-488.html)
+------ Thread: Challenging game Monday (/thread-837534.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Challenging game Monday - okgc - 12-17-2017 04:09 PM

Solid Idaho team here Monday night

http://wmubroncos.com/news/2017/12/17/mens-basketball-wmu-back-in-action-monday-against-big-sky-favorite-idaho.aspx

RE: Challenging game Monday - ess - 12-17-2017 04:28 PM

(12-17-2017 04:09 PM)okgc Wrote:  Solid Idaho team here Monday night

http://wmubroncos.com/news/2017/12/17/mens-basketball-wmu-back-in-action-monday-against-big-sky-favorite-idaho.aspx

Better than "solid" :)

Broncos will need to play very well.

RE: Challenging game Monday - Hoekjeness - 12-18-2017 08:00 AM

I remembered penciling in this game several weeks ago and being sort of bummed out it was just Idaho (it's tough to get to weekday MBB games now with little ones at home)... but now this game appears to have the makings of a good one. Hope to see us play well.

Their 91-64 win over Washington St. really stands out.

RE: Challenging game Monday - BuickBronco - 12-18-2017 10:49 AM

Victor Sanders of Idaho was singled out by Hawkins as one of the best WMU will face this season.

RE: Challenging game Monday - bostonbronco - 12-18-2017 05:08 PM

Vandals return all of their players and are a senior rich laden team....starting all seniors. All these players have played four years together. They are a machine at this point.

If Western pulls this one out, it will be a great achievement.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 07:47 PM

getting run out of our own barn early... Idaho dropping over 50% from 3.... they've already got Wilder into foul trouble... not going to go well.

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 07:48 PM

we have literally almost gone an entire half with under 20 pts... wow.

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 07:50 PM

how the FU$% do you only score 16 points in a half....

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 07:51 PM

Hawkin's has some explaining to do here... this is nuts... you've had all of this time to prepare for a home game and nobody can make a bucket and we turn it over like its our job? WTF?

RE: Challenging game Monday - bostonbronco - 12-18-2017 07:53 PM

31 to 16 Idaho. Broncos throwing the ball away trying to force it into the middle on too many occasions.

Many of the shots seem to be forced...almost prayers. The focus is not there.

Idaho is a VERY good team. However, Western is making them look real good.

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 07:54 PM

(12-18-2017 07:53 PM)bostonbronco Wrote:  31 to 16 Idaho. Broncos throwing the ball away trying to force it into the middle on too many occasions.

Many of the shots seem to be forced...almost prayers. The focus is not there.

Idaho is a VERY good team. However, Western is making them look real good.

I don't see much coming from Idaho... I see a ton of WMU unforced error's... wtf is Hawkin's doing to prep these guys? Not impressed...

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 07:58 PM

Just a disappointing start so far this year... keep saying that the talent should prove us to be a force in the MAC... another half of basketball down and I don't see it at all... I see individual talent but I don't see a team ball game going on that gives me hope for our MAC chances...

RE: Challenging game Monday - VandalBasher - 12-18-2017 08:02 PM

This team has three losses. The L to Nevada was legit. The two losses to UC Bakersfield should have been a split. We are very pleased with this team and expect an NCAA tourney bid in March. But, we will see.

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 08:05 PM

(12-18-2017 08:02 PM)VandalBasher Wrote:  This team has three losses. The L to Nevada was legit. The two losses to UC Bakersfield should have been a split. We are very pleased with this team and expect an NCAA tourney bid in March. But, we will see.

Its one thing to make the open looks and turn in turnovers to points... Its another thing to watch your own team get open jumpers and free throws to only brick them... Its standard Hawkin's coached team behavior... amazing athletes who cant freaking shoot regularly...

RE: Challenging game Monday - VandalBasher - 12-18-2017 08:06 PM

Verlin has had multiple 20 win seasons and continues to recruit a slightly better athlete, year after year. I am glad we have been able to keep him. We usually fire coaches rather than have them hired away from Idaho.

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 08:09 PM

1:17 in and Idaho has extended its lead by 8 points with nary an effort by WMU... this is irritating to watch...

RE: Challenging game Monday - tayle's mullet - 12-18-2017 08:10 PM

I don't remember this team ever looking more pathetic. Just awful basketball. Had to turn it off.

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 08:10 PM

We can't shoot for $h1t and we keep turning it over to a team that is just dropping bombs... We are getting blown out of our own barn. Its ridiculous.

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 08:12 PM

42-18 Idaho... we are another 3 minutes into the second half and still haven't scored 20 pts...

RE: Challenging game Monday - flushtheherd - 12-18-2017 08:15 PM

Getting rolled at home... guessing this might be something we need to get used to because I haven't seen anything from this team tonight... Can't make a bucket. Period.