CSNbbs
Florida game thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Florida game thread (/thread-836827.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Florida game thread - BearcatJerry - 12-09-2017 08:45 PM

(12-09-2017 08:39 PM)eroc Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 08:34 PM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  Still have no idea why you don't foul with 50 seconds. Better off extending the game than playing to one possession.

Maybe on a two possesion game but i believe it was a one possession game. Doesn't the "book" say don't foul?

All the Florida players on the court were 80%+ FT shooters. Percentage wise, the Gators were shooting worse from the floor than the line. That's why you don't foul at :50 and down by 2.

RE: Florida game thread - Bcatbog - 12-09-2017 08:45 PM

Team needs a Steve Logan/Charley Snow - plain and simple.

RE: Florida game thread - payday - 12-09-2017 08:48 PM

(12-09-2017 08:32 PM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 08:28 PM)jarr Wrote:  How the hell have we he got worse from last year? How is Washington so much worse? Why are Cumberland and Evans shots worse? Why can't our guards shoot FT?

Play one game a week. Have no clue about who should play together. New PG. Team has talent but its going to take a while to figure it out. Next two are must wins, at least they play on Tuesday night and then have another one on Saturday.

Mick just needs to cut down that rotation and play his best players, the problem is we can't seem to figure that out but when we do the team will start to look better.

Team actually looks lost without Troy and KJ out there. It shows up on both sides of the court.

Yep. Especially Troy.

RE: Florida game thread - Marcus - 12-09-2017 08:49 PM

This team would have still lost today with Troy. This is typical UC basketball under Cronin. Will never change.

RE: Florida game thread - jarr - 12-09-2017 08:49 PM

(12-09-2017 08:42 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Did UC make 3 in the 2nd half. Mick ball is always to go into a shell. Not impressed. Post game interview was a funeral. Pathetic.

I can't take Mick's post games serious. The guy acts like he has had all these teams in the past that aren't doing the same sh*t this team is doing. The guy has one sweet 16 and 0 elite 8s. He refuses to recruit the kind of players he needs to recruit and then thinks he's going to shove a square peg into a round hole.

RE: Florida game thread - BearcatJerry - 12-09-2017 08:50 PM

Well, I'm done for the night...

Goodnight, Bearcat fans!

RE: Florida game thread - UCGrad1992 - 12-09-2017 08:50 PM

Wasn't able to watch the game in its entirety. I won't waste my time watching the rerun on the DVR. Absolutely disappointed in the parts I saw when the team looked intimidated and indecisive. I can't remember a game when there was this many wild shots and dudes that looked so tight. There is absolutely no swagger right now. Hard to believe the Cats shot the same from the field as the Gators (43%) but Florida shot a little better from treyland and at the charity stripe. Too many turnovers. That was enough to get the win. I still believe this is one of Mick's better teams - the national media/sports writers and the AAC coaches all agreed. We aren't getting it done right now. Overrated? Weak schedule? Xavier hangover? Underachieving? Poor coaching/game preparation? Maybe a combination of all of these. All I know is this team better get its sheet together quick or we will be fair-to-middlin' in our conference. And I said 3-1 over this four game stretch. SMDH.

RE: Florida game thread - OKIcat - 12-09-2017 08:52 PM

Chicago Loyola certainly made it look pretty easy against these guys earlier this week--in Florida's gym.

UC tonight: twenty turnovers; mostly self-inflicted wounds as it wasn't a full court press by FL as much as carelessness. Missed free throws is the new normal. And after 12 years, Mick still doesn't have a prototypical point guard to run offense and take care of the ball in crunch time. At this point, it would appear this team is worse than last year's edition. Those senior guards weren't offensively gifted but showed toughness and usually played great defense.

Watched a little of Wichita tonight and I've seen some action in their games earlier this season. They are the real deal and likely would have beaten UC by double digits tonight. UC will be challenged to finish second to them in the AAC. Like some others here I'm tired of these rock fights that end with folks worrying about a bad officiating call after watching 39 minutes of horrendous offense. Coach, did UC get more deflections since FL got more points? Isn't that all that matters?

Frankly, I'm ready for a change. I think at this point, what we see is what we'll get.

RE: Florida game thread - SuperFlyBCat - 12-09-2017 08:54 PM

(12-09-2017 08:48 PM)payday Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 08:32 PM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 08:28 PM)jarr Wrote:  How the hell have we he got worse from last year? How is Washington so much worse? Why are Cumberland and Evans shots worse? Why can't our guards shoot FT?

Play one game a week. Have no clue about who should play together. New PG. Team has talent but its going to take a while to figure it out. Next two are must wins, at least they play on Tuesday night and then have another one on Saturday.

Mick just needs to cut down that rotation and play his best players, the problem is we can't seem to figure that out but when we do the team will start to look better.

Team actually looks lost without Troy and KJ out there. It shows up on both sides of the court.

Yep. Especially Troy.

In tight games, or games Mick chooses they just walk the ball up the court. No attacking offense. Bland boring crap. They sucked tonight.

RE: Florida game thread - Topkat - 12-09-2017 08:58 PM

Well, I see it was close.

I can't really comment as I turned the channel after the first few possessions when I saw Jenifer, after crossing half court, looking back to the bench for play calls.

Disappointing... but, it's a long season.

RE: Florida game thread - OKIcat - 12-09-2017 09:01 PM

(12-09-2017 08:58 PM)Topkat Wrote:  Well, I see it was close.

I can't really comment as I turned the channel after the first few possessions when I saw Jenifer, after crossing half court, looking back to the bench for play calls.

Disappointing... but, it's a long season.

Yes, it's looking like a very long season.

RE: Florida game thread - TubaCat - 12-09-2017 09:03 PM

I used to think that we should wait a few years after the new 5/3 Arena to see if Mick could bring in better talent, before even considering looking elsewhere for an answer on the coaching front.

But so far, it seems brutally obvious that regardless of shooting ability, we will continue to run the same rigid offense that will not get us national respect. This team is made up of far better shooters than our Sweet Sixteen team, but I would bet the farm that we do NOT make the Sweet Sixteen this year.

Also, reminder that Mick Cronin is the #21 paid coach in the nation. Love him, hate him, it is very hard to defend that salary.

RE: Florida game thread - bearcat72 - 12-09-2017 09:05 PM

(12-09-2017 09:03 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  I used to think that we should wait a few years after the new 5/3 Arena to see if Mick could bring in better talent, before even considering looking elsewhere for an answer on the coaching front.

But so far, it seems brutally obvious that regardless of shooting ability, we will continue to run the same rigid offense that will not get us national respect. This team is made up of far better shooters than our Sweet Sixteen team, but I would bet the farm that we do NOT make the Sweet Sixteen this year.

Also, reminder that Mick Cronin is the #21 paid coach in the nation. Love him, hate him, it is very hard to defend that salary.

That salary alone should be enough of a reason to turn up the heat on Cronin!

RE: Florida game thread - jarr - 12-09-2017 09:07 PM

Did Mick even look at local products Lamont West and James Bolden that Bob came in and got? They weren't highly regarded coming out, but they look like really talented offensive players. He passed them up for Justin Jennifer and Tre Scott?

RE: Florida game thread - Bearcats#1 - 12-09-2017 09:07 PM

[Image: 0nxOfzU.jpg]

RE: Florida game thread - bearcatmark - 12-09-2017 09:08 PM

Lol.. I'm almost happy we lost. Get to read the insane breakdown from you guys.

RE: Florida game thread - rtaylor - 12-09-2017 09:11 PM

Look, I get the knee jerk reactions out of fans after a crappy loss, and I also get those who get annoyed by it. But, how long has this been the norm around here? It is the same old crap offense played at a snails pace against anyone with a pulse. It is also the crap look back at Mick for instructions when it is obvious he has none. All I can say it is becoming very tiring, and that is being generous.

RE: Florida game thread - TubaCat - 12-09-2017 09:16 PM

(12-09-2017 09:08 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Lol.. I'm almost happy we lost. Get to read the insane breakdown from you guys.

I have a lot of respect for you, bearcatmark. Please do not take this as an attack, but I have an honest question for you: what do you think is an acceptable product for a coach that makes the #21 salary in the nation?

And more importantly, do you think that with better talent, Mick can run a better offense?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I just want to hear your point of view. I am having trouble understanding how some can still think that Mick has not yet reached his ceiling. Maybe I'm missing an important perspective.

RE: Florida game thread - Billy_Bearcat - 12-09-2017 09:17 PM

(12-09-2017 09:16 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 09:08 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Lol.. I'm almost happy we lost. Get to read the insane breakdown from you guys.

I have a lot of respect for you, bearcatmark. Please do not take this as an attack, but I have an honest question for you: what do you think is an acceptable product for a coach that makes the #21 salary in the nation?

And more importantly, do you think that with better talent, Mick can run a better offense?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I just want to hear your point of view. I am having trouble understanding how some can still think that Mick has not yet reached his ceiling. Maybe I'm missing an important perspective.

I echo Tuba's sentiments. I'm looking at a resume that, except for the tourney appearances streak, is lacking a lot of accomplishments. Is the tourney appearance enough?

RE: Florida game thread - BearcatMan - 12-09-2017 09:18 PM

Smells like a nice 6-11 upset candidate in 4 months.