CSNbbs
NEW stadium construction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: NEW stadium construction (/thread-836306.html)

RE: NEW stadium construction - ETSUDB8-79 - 10-26-2018 01:53 PM

The program for Commemorative Bricks as currently listed is fine but for us Old Farts 03-old with a lifetime of memories from games/events at Foreman Field I still think they should sell some of the old bricks when they tear it down. It will save ODU the cost of trucking them away and cost them, more-or-less, nothing. Especially if they just had us local folks pick them up at the stadium rebuild site. I know they sold the facing from the Old Library (Hughes HALL) so do it again and 100% profit. *(Maybe give us a sticker to attach saying "A Foreman Field Memory". What say you Dr. Chandler?

RE: NEW stadium construction - Big Bluezilla - 10-26-2018 01:57 PM

Thanks for getting the word out quick. Ordered!

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODU_NYG - 10-26-2018 02:11 PM

I ordered on as well. Cool idea.

RE: NEW stadium construction - bit_9 - 10-26-2018 03:14 PM

Ordered and submitted our story w/ a pic. =]

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODUDJ96 - 10-26-2018 08:08 PM

(10-26-2018 12:25 PM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  
(10-15-2018 02:03 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(10-15-2018 01:03 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  That's what the brick program is for.

From what I can tell, the brick program has only been discussed on this board. Not from anyone associated with the school. If they were going to do that right, they would have started about a year ago. Maybe they've reached out to higher level donors than me?

The brick program is live.
http://odufootballbricks.com

There is a stand up ad for it in the bookstore to the left of the door.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if ODAF is going to market it broadly to its support base. I haven’t been notified of anything. Seems like it would be financially productive.

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 10-26-2018 08:15 PM

Premium brick order completed. May buy 1 or 2 more of the regular ones. Any of you engineering types know the lifespan of these brick pavers? Can we expect them to last 5 years? 10 years? Are the premium ones more durable?

RE: NEW stadium construction - Old Dominion - 10-27-2018 05:45 AM

Order in! very excited

Just saw my confirmation email. looks like they are charging an additional $6 "convenience" fee. Didn't see that hidden anywhere on the site. That kind of BS really annoys me. The only convenience I can see is it's convenient for them to fleece me.

RE: NEW stadium construction - MONARCHSWIN - 10-27-2018 07:06 AM

(10-26-2018 08:15 PM)monarx Wrote:  Premium brick order completed. May buy 1 or 2 more of the regular ones. Any of you engineering types know the lifespan of these brick pavers? Can we expect them to last 5 years? 10 years? Are the premium ones more durable?
We bought one of these at Harbor Park when they opened it in 1993. Still looks good as new today...

RE: NEW stadium construction - bigblueodu - 10-27-2018 08:20 PM

They should sell Forman Field bricks for $50. Put a plaque on it with your name and 1938-2018.

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: NEW stadium construction - Retroview1955 - 10-28-2018 06:57 PM

I wonder what the final design will look like? Construction starts less than a month. Does it look worst than what they showed earlier this year?

RE: NEW stadium construction - DaBigBlue - 10-28-2018 08:10 PM

(10-28-2018 06:57 PM)Retroview1955 Wrote:  I wonder what the final design will look like? Construction starts less than a month. Does it look worst than what they showed earlier this year?

Right. They already have the new lights up, which are very tall and not symmetrical placed. What are they working to.

RE: NEW stadium construction - elon77 - 10-28-2018 08:40 PM

(10-28-2018 08:10 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 06:57 PM)Retroview1955 Wrote:  I wonder what the final design will look like? Construction starts less than a month. Does it look worst than what they showed earlier this year?

Right. They already have the new lights up, which are very tall and not symmetrical placed. What are they working to.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/wp-content/uploads/cathkinpark_front.jpg

RE: NEW stadium construction - GotLabradors - 10-28-2018 08:57 PM

(10-26-2018 01:53 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  The program for Commemorative Bricks as currently listed is fine but for us Old Farts 03-old with a lifetime of memories from games/events at Foreman Field I still think they should sell some of the old bricks when they tear it down. It will save ODU the cost of trucking them away and cost them, more-or-less, nothing. Especially if they just had us local folks pick them up at the stadium rebuild site. I know they sold the facing from the Old Library (Hughes HALL) so do it again and 100% profit. *(Maybe give us a sticker to attach saying "A Foreman Field Memory". What say you Dr. Chandler?

Fantastic idea! I think even members of the local community who aren't ODU alumni would like to have one just as a piece of local history.

RE: NEW stadium construction - Retroview1955 - 10-28-2018 09:16 PM

(10-28-2018 08:10 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  

I really happy to see how tall the new poles are indicating how tall the new stands are going to be be.

RE: NEW stadium construction - MonGNARch - 10-29-2018 09:51 AM

So wait a minute... I see they are selling replica bricks but will the actual bricks laid in the ground have the same words? If it's just a plain brick and we get a replica one that's good that they're fundraising for the stadium but I think it would look really cool to have the actual messages at the stadium as well

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 10-29-2018 10:14 AM

(10-29-2018 09:51 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  So wait a minute... I see they are selling replica bricks but will the actual bricks laid in the ground have the same words? If it's just a plain brick and we get a replica one that's good that they're fundraising for the stadium but I think it would look really cool to have the actual messages at the stadium as well

Yes. My understanding is the actual bricks laid in the ground at the stadium will be inscribed with the messages. You have the option to purchase a second "replica brick" to display at home. They are using the grey "premium bricks" to actually spell out ODU on the concourse.

From the site: "Replica bricks can be purchased for all styles and are created with the same material and message as the bricks that will build SB Ballard Stadium. Display cases are also available to showcase this special keepsake in your home or office."

RE: NEW stadium construction - MonGNARch - 10-29-2018 10:45 AM

(10-29-2018 10:14 AM)monarx Wrote:  
(10-29-2018 09:51 AM)MonGNARch Wrote:  So wait a minute... I see they are selling replica bricks but will the actual bricks laid in the ground have the same words? If it's just a plain brick and we get a replica one that's good that they're fundraising for the stadium but I think it would look really cool to have the actual messages at the stadium as well

Yes. My understanding is the actual bricks laid in the ground at the stadium will be inscribed with the messages. You have the option to purchase a second "replica brick" to display at home. They are using the grey "premium bricks" to actually spell out ODU on the concourse.

From the site: "Replica bricks can be purchased for all styles and are created with the same material and message as the bricks that will build SB Ballard Stadium. Display cases are also available to showcase this special keepsake in your home or office."

Ah. I missed that part, thanks haha

RE: NEW stadium construction - Punk - 10-29-2018 04:23 PM

Even VCU is selling beer at basketball games this year, really wish ODU could find a way to do it for football in the new stadium. It keeps people from watching from ground level endzone (Blue Room) and cuts down on last minute binging/bringing alcohol into the stadium. The big plus would be the extra revenue.

RE: NEW stadium construction - cmett003 - 10-29-2018 04:26 PM

(10-29-2018 04:23 PM)Punk Wrote:  Even VCU is selling beer at basketball games this year, really wish ODU could find a way to do it for football in the new stadium. It keeps people from watching from ground level endzone (Blue Room) and cuts down on last minute binging/bringing alcohol into the stadium. The big plus would be the extra revenue.

They want people to donate to be able to drink. But yes im with you.

RE: NEW stadium construction - Punk - 10-29-2018 04:35 PM

(10-29-2018 04:26 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  
(10-29-2018 04:23 PM)Punk Wrote:  Even VCU is selling beer at basketball games this year, really wish ODU could find a way to do it for football in the new stadium. It keeps people from watching from ground level endzone (Blue Room) and cuts down on last minute binging/bringing alcohol into the stadium. The big plus would be the extra revenue.

They want people to donate to be able to drink. But yes im with you.

Yeah, I get that, but I bet there's more money in the revenue selling beer than what they are getting from donors that want to drink ground level in an endzone during a game.

Damn, I also just saw that Richmond is going to be selling beer at basketball games this year too. Can't wait to check that out on Dec 19th!