CSNbbs
NEW stadium construction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: NEW stadium construction (/thread-836306.html)

RE: NEW stadium construction - Old Dominion - 02-07-2018 05:07 PM

Even Minium is sealed up tight. Someone suggested he may be trying to shame them into reporting something, anything. May be right.

RE: NEW stadium construction - jasdf - 02-07-2018 05:13 PM

Until proven wrong, i am taking the silence as admission from our leadership that they do not know what the hell they're doing.
we're recruiting like a 4 win CUSA team. Just fix what you're gonna fix at foreman and be done with it. It ain't like we're on the cusp of something special and that a new stadium is going to take us over the edge. We have lost ALL momentum as a program, this is just making it worse

RE: NEW stadium construction - T-Mac - 02-07-2018 05:33 PM

How much would temporary stadium seating cost? I wouldn't be opposed to building a Norfolk State style bleacher on one side and a pimped out other side. Once we have secured more funding in the future, we could take down the bleachers and replace them with a permanent structure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: NEW stadium construction - Sidewinder - 02-07-2018 06:01 PM

(02-07-2018 05:33 PM)T-Mac Wrote:  How much would temporary stadium seating cost? I wouldn't be opposed to building a Norfolk State style bleacher on one side and a pimped out other side. Once we have secured more funding in the future, we could take down the bleachers and replace them with a permanent structure.

Yes! $50m should be enough if it's applied to the west side only, plus a little ($5m or so) to either shore up the east side to make it last another 10 years, or tear it down and build something basic, to be replaced later.

RE: NEW stadium construction - Blue_Trombone - 02-07-2018 06:41 PM

(02-07-2018 06:01 PM)Sidewinder Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 05:33 PM)T-Mac Wrote:  How much would temporary stadium seating cost? I wouldn't be opposed to building a Norfolk State style bleacher on one side and a pimped out other side. Once we have secured more funding in the future, we could take down the bleachers and replace them with a permanent structure.

Yes! $50m should be enough if it's applied to the west side only, plus a little ($5m or so) to either shore up the east side to make it last another 10 years, or tear it down and build something basic, to be replaced later.

Do remember that if we touch the clamshell it loses it's grandfathered in status and needs to be brought up to code.

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODUODUODU - 02-07-2018 08:12 PM

Something bad is apparently happening. Is there any way shovels are in the ground after the last game of 2018?

RE: NEW stadium construction - Monarchblue - 02-07-2018 08:53 PM

(02-07-2018 08:12 PM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  Something bad is apparently happening. Is there any way shovels are in the ground after the last game of 2018?
Who knows, but at this point it would probably be a better sign if they are not.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 02-07-2018 09:53 PM

Weren't they supposed to be doing infrastructure work, or drilling test pilings or something in this offseason to get a headstart?

RE: NEW stadium construction - Sirloin Burger - 02-08-2018 01:12 AM

OMG, this thread is like,

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: NEW stadium construction - Grommet - 02-08-2018 06:06 AM

Always

NEW stadium construction - Big Bluezilla - 02-08-2018 06:14 AM

Attention Wood and company! Attention and Wood and company! You are seriously disenfranchising your diehards. Please communicate something with the people who truly care and are committed to your program. The silence is deafening and it’s really starting to concern the people who actually pay attention to your program year round. Make something happen soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: NEW stadium construction - Mr.BigBlue - 02-08-2018 10:45 AM

Hasn't this been the promise for say 3 years now ? All we get is Crickets !

RE: NEW stadium construction - jasdf - 02-08-2018 01:38 PM

It's about time to run the guy out of town. We have a right to cry, we the alum and fans provide a lot funding for this crap

RE: NEW stadium construction - Monarch Blue - 02-08-2018 01:46 PM

(02-08-2018 01:38 PM)jasdf Wrote:  It's about time to run the guy out of town. We have a right to cry, we the alum and fans provide a lot funding for this crap

Selig and Broderick are both mealy-bureaucrats not visionaries or leaders. We need leaders at ODU, not bean counters. Time for a change.

RE: NEW stadium construction - cmett003 - 02-08-2018 03:37 PM

Has anyone tried to email WS directly to try to get a response?

RE: NEW stadium construction - Old Dominion - 02-08-2018 04:00 PM

I did 2 days ago. No response as of yesterday. Have not been able to check personal emails yet today. I'll certainly let you guys know what if anything I hear.

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 02-08-2018 04:03 PM

(02-08-2018 01:46 PM)Monarch Blue Wrote:  
(02-08-2018 01:38 PM)jasdf Wrote:  It's about time to run the guy out of town. We have a right to cry, we the alum and fans provide a lot funding for this crap

Selig and Broderick are both mealy-bureaucrats not visionaries or leaders. We need leaders at ODU, not bean counters. Time for a change.

I know Runte ruffled some feathers up in Richmond, but the lady sure did have vision. I loved how she stated her desire to make ODU a top 100 Research institution, how she brought in football and created a sense of pride not seen before or since at ODU. Its as if she saw the great potential of the place and was determined to make it happen, in spite of the politicians in Richmond trying to smack her down and telling her to know her place in the pecking order. She fought to make ODU a top tier, high quality, desirable place for people to want to come and learn. The guys in charge now seem willing to roll over while Richmond tramples any aspirations of greatness, as if ODU and its students don't deserve nice things. Those should be reserved for the "upper class". Runte didnt put up with that crap and it showed.

RE: NEW stadium construction - Monarchblue - 02-08-2018 04:11 PM

(02-08-2018 04:03 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(02-08-2018 01:46 PM)Monarch Blue Wrote:  

I know Runte ruffled some feathers up in Richmond, but the lady sure did have vision. I loved how she stated her desire to make ODU a top 100 Research institution, how she brought in football and created a sense of pride not seen before or since at ODU. Its as if she saw the great potential of the place and was determined to make it happen, in spite of the politicians in Richmond trying to smack her down and telling her to know her place in the pecking order. She fought to make ODU a top tier, high quality, desirable place for people to want to come and learn. The guys in charge now seem willing to roll over while Richmond tramples any aspirations of greatness, as if ODU and its students don't deserve nice things. Those should be reserved for the "upper class". Runte didnt put up with that crap and it showed.

+1

RE: NEW stadium construction - Old Dominion - 02-08-2018 04:42 PM

(02-08-2018 04:00 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  I did 2 days ago. No response as of yesterday. Have not been able to check personal emails yet today. I'll certainly let you guys know what if anything I hear.

Here's my nothing burger response.

Thank you Bob. All is going well on the stadium. We are quietly fine tuning the final design and cost estimates along with the schedule. Nothing to report publicly as all continue to be moving targets at this point. Sorry I do not have more to report. Stay tuned. ws

Dr. Camden Wood Selig
Director of Athletics

RE: NEW stadium construction - odu09 - 02-08-2018 04:46 PM

Hey, all is going well! Let's shut this thing down.