CSNbbs
NEW stadium construction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: NEW stadium construction (/thread-836306.html)

RE: NEW stadium construction - VB Monarch - 09-28-2019 08:48 PM

I bought the crab cake sliders. $10 for a bunch of french fries and a couple of bites of crab cake of dubious origin.
Totalwaste. Never again. I'll do all my eating either at a tail gate or at home. $5.00 for a bottle of water!! same bottle $3.50 at UVA

RE: NEW stadium construction - LetsGoODU - 09-28-2019 10:22 PM

Hamburger was disgusting.

And where’s my drink holder?

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 09-28-2019 10:33 PM

So glad the sound system is fixed, but in many ways this is the Shuler Bentley of football stadiums. All hype, rave reviews and raised expectations only to be let down by what you actually get.

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODUCoach - 09-28-2019 10:36 PM

(09-28-2019 08:48 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  I bought the crab cake sliders. $10 for a bunch of french fries and a couple of bites of crab cake of dubious origin.
Totalwaste. Never again. I'll do all my eating either at a tail gate or at home. $5.00 for a bottle of water!! same bottle $3.50 at UVA

That is crazy. I thought for sure my kids were pocketing my change!

RE: NEW stadium construction - Gilesfan - 09-28-2019 10:37 PM

Fwiw, you can bring in water bottles. That is part of our clear game day bag prep

RE: NEW stadium construction - LetsGoODU - 09-28-2019 11:11 PM

(09-28-2019 10:37 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Fwiw, you can bring in water bottles. That is part of our clear game day bag prep

Shouldn’t have to carry in water when you want to buy a cold one. Seeing as they probably pay .25 cents per bottle, $5 is robbery.

RE: NEW stadium construction - bigblueodu - 09-28-2019 11:11 PM

My cheeseburger was crappy, threw half away.... fake cheesewhiz or something. However, my brother haff the bbq sandwich and said it was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: NEW stadium construction - 99Monarch - 09-29-2019 06:14 AM

(09-28-2019 08:48 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  I bought the crab cake sliders. $10 for a bunch of french fries and a couple of bites of crab cake of dubious origin.

$3.50 @ ODU Soccer also!!

RE: NEW stadium construction - 99Monarch - 09-29-2019 06:14 AM

RE: NEW stadium construction - 99Monarch - 09-29-2019 06:15 AM

RE: NEW stadium construction - VB Monarch - 09-29-2019 06:58 AM

Pretty hard to be objective after last night, but they did take many suggestions. I don't have any problem with the extra drink coolers. In fact it was one of my and many others suggestion. The mens rooms are a big time problem and I don't see any solution. Only one door for entry and exit?? 4 urinals?? come on ODU, this is gonna be a major issue for us guys, just as it has for the women all these years.
Sound system- fixed. Concessions? who cares. Food so crappy the lines will take care of themselves. Lots more vendors in the stands-good job

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODUODUODU - 09-29-2019 07:28 AM

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 09-29-2019 09:22 AM

(09-29-2019 06:58 AM)VB Monarch Wrote:  Pretty hard to be objective after last night, but they did take many suggestions. I don't have any problem with the extra drink coolers. In fact it was one of my and many others suggestion. The mens rooms are a big time problem and I don't see any solution. Only one door for entry and exit?? 4 urinals?? come on ODU, this is gonna be a major issue for us guys, just as it has for the women all these years.
Sound system- fixed. Concessions? who cares. Food so crappy the lines will take care of themselves. Lots more vendors in the stands-good job

The one bathroom door thing is a total pain and obviously poor design, but the worst is still no rest rooms on the concourse. When you sit in the upper level thats a whole lot of time and step climbing to go all the way to the ground floor just to take a leak then a hike back up. I thought the original plan called for escalators. Maybe those can be installed later. With an old fan base, this could be a real fan deterrent. I know people in their 50s, 60s+ who definitely won't come back because they have to hike all the way to the top then do it all over again when nature calls.

The more I sit in the stadium, the more I think the most impressive thing is that they did the project in 9 months. Problem is, nobody cares about that now that its open. Im starting to think that was very short sighted, and if we could have had bathrooms and concessions on the second level concourse, better design and amenities, and some more branded embellishments, screens on the concourse etc, and better architectural elements (and maybe a NEZ or more suites), it would certainly have been worth it to play a season in Habor park or something. Especially if the team is going to suck this year anyway.

RE: NEW stadium construction - odu09 - 09-29-2019 10:31 AM

(09-29-2019 09:22 AM)monarx Wrote:  
(09-29-2019 06:58 AM)VB Monarch Wrote:  Pretty hard to be objective after last night, but they did take many suggestions. I don't have any problem with the extra drink coolers. In fact it was one of my and many others suggestion. The mens rooms are a big time problem and I don't see any solution. Only one door for entry and exit?? 4 urinals?? come on ODU, this is gonna be a major issue for us guys, just as it has for the women all these years.

The one bathroom door thing is a total pain and obviously poor design, but the worst is still no rest rooms on the concourse. When you sit in the upper level thats a whole lot of time and step climbing to go all the way to the ground floor just to take a leak then a hike back up. I thought the original plan called for escalators. Maybe those can be installed later. With an old fan base, this could be a real fan deterrent. I know people in their 50s, 60s+ who definitely won't come back because they have to hike all the way to the top then do it all over again when nature calls.

The more I sit in the stadium, the more I think the most impressive thing is that they did the project in 9 months. Problem is, nobody cares about that now that its open. Im starting to think that was very short sighted, and if we could have had bathrooms and concessions on the second level concourse, better design and amenities, and some more branded embellishments, screens on the concourse etc, and better architectural elements (and maybe a NEZ or more suites), it would certainly have been worth it to play a season in Habor park or something. Especially if the team is going to suck this year anyway.

Hit the nail on the head.

I don't mean to cross into subjects of other threads, but now that the stadium is here, our coaching staff has zero excuse for piss poor recruiting. People could've pointed that as an excuse for bad recruiting if we were playing in a minor league baseball stadium.

NEW stadium construction - benny_t - 09-29-2019 10:46 AM

Anyone see an announced attendance. No way that was a sellout.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODU DAD - 09-29-2019 11:09 AM

(09-29-2019 10:46 AM)benny_t Wrote:  Anyone see an announced attendance. No way that was a sellout.

18, 643

RE: NEW stadium construction - benny_t - 09-29-2019 11:33 AM

(09-29-2019 11:09 AM)ODU DAD Wrote:  
(09-29-2019 10:46 AM)benny_t Wrote:  Anyone see an announced attendance. No way that was a sellout.

18, 643
Only going to get worse if we keep losing.

RE: NEW stadium construction - ETSUDB8-79 - 09-29-2019 11:41 AM

(09-29-2019 11:33 AM)benny_t Wrote:  

18, 643

And, ECU bought over 2,000 tickets plus the ones not bought thru their school and I don't see WKU or anyone left on our schedule coming close to that.

RE: NEW stadium construction - GotLabradors - 09-29-2019 12:16 PM

(09-29-2019 11:33 AM)benny_t Wrote:  

18, 643

It will be open seating for the next game. People are just not going to come see a losing team. Our tailgate lot was half empty yesterday. It was packed full for the first game.

RE: NEW stadium construction - GhentFan - 09-29-2019 12:52 PM

(09-29-2019 09:22 AM)monarx Wrote:  

The thing is, they didn't do it in 9 months. There was pre-work done BEFORE the stadium was tore down. Piles were driven and lights went up.