CSNbbs
NEW stadium construction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: NEW stadium construction (/thread-836306.html)

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODU2K1 - 04-23-2019 08:59 AM

(04-23-2019 07:21 AM)VB Monarch Wrote:  Just noticed a scoreboard strip on top of game day building. Sure hope thats just a place holder and not anything near the real thing.

That has been there since the gameday building opened.

RE: NEW stadium construction - cmett003 - 04-23-2019 09:33 AM

(04-23-2019 07:21 AM)VB Monarch Wrote:  Just noticed a scoreboard strip on top of game day building. Sure hope thats just a place holder and not anything near the real thing.

Have you ever been to a game before? Ever!

RE: NEW stadium construction - VB Monarch - 04-23-2019 11:20 AM

Give an old man a break. I miss lots of things these days. Hope you stay sharp as a tack right up until the minute you pass.

By the way, I venture to say I was going to basketball games before you were a even a twinkle in your Dads eye. Never missed a home football game.

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODU True Blue - 04-23-2019 11:36 AM

If ODU could, they'd cover every square inch in advertising. Does no one remember we entered the 'Pepsi Blue Zone' whenever we got inside the 20?

I would not be surprised if hear, "Welcome thru the 'Bob's Suds and Duds Brewhouse and Laundry Mat!' Arches" every time we go thru the new updated arches.

I wonder how long before the ads have ads? "This commercial break for HiVal Industries is brought to you by Jim's Bait and Sushi shop!"

If anyone from ODAF reads this I bet they are saying, "Hey why didn't we think of that?"

RE: NEW stadium construction - jumpshooter - 04-23-2019 11:50 AM

It's a good thing businesses want to advertise with ODU athletics.

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 04-23-2019 12:07 PM

If it makes the stadium better, the locker rooms better, and gets us an IPF then bring on the ads!

RE: NEW stadium construction - MonGNARch - 04-23-2019 01:14 PM

Most sporting events (especially college) have every little thing advertised, it's a great way to get some extra revenue. But I do remember how excessive it was when we first had a football team. Remember how Jack used to fumble over "And that's a Virginia Lottery First Down Monarchs"? There were games where we were getting first downs so often he said it in a different order every time lol

RE: NEW stadium construction - cmett003 - 04-23-2019 02:07 PM

RE: NEW stadium construction - cmett003 - 04-24-2019 10:12 AM

They are taking down one of the cranes

RE: NEW stadium construction - Retroview1955 - 04-25-2019 06:07 AM

(04-24-2019 10:12 AM)cmett003 Wrote:  They are taking down one of the cranes

Yeah. They've more than halfway done so now alot of the heavy equipment won't be needed.
Today or tomorrow they're going to take the other crane (look through the camera focusing on the east side stands and it will be the crane sitting off in the parking lot) because all the precast work is done. Big red and the other crane above were configured for heavier lifting. Those precast piece were pretty heavy. I've watch them lift a few off the trucks.

Now the stadium will start looking like a stadium.

RE: NEW stadium construction - VB Monarch - 04-25-2019 06:31 AM

As a layman I have to say it's been absolutely fascinating to me watching them put this thing together. The precision needed to precast and premeasure so many pieces has been amazing to see. Hardly a hammer or saw in sight! and there don't appear to really be that many workers on site. Very impressive.

RE: NEW stadium construction - CalODUFan - 04-25-2019 09:42 AM

I haven't seen any visible progress on the West side in several days. Why haven't they finished putting up the stands like on the East side?

RE: NEW stadium construction - cmett003 - 04-25-2019 09:57 AM

(04-25-2019 09:42 AM)CalODUFan Wrote:  I haven't seen any visible progress on the West side in several days. Why haven't they finished putting up the stands like on the East side?

I think they slowed down because of the more detailed work needed for the priority club.

RE: NEW stadium construction - mane - 04-25-2019 10:50 AM

anyone know what that is resting on the west side wall near the southernmost tunnel entrance and where it is going?

RE: NEW stadium construction - VB Monarch - 04-25-2019 11:08 AM

(04-25-2019 09:42 AM)CalODUFan Wrote:  I haven't seen any visible progress on the West side in several days. Why haven't they finished putting up the stands like on the East side?

They've been busy on the press box level as well. poured some concrete earlier in the week. Putting the steel and aluminum for the seating actually goes pretty fast. They could finish the west side frame work in a matter of 3-4 days.
Don't forget hidden from view there are workers in the buildings doing plumbing and electirical and pouring concrete for flooring

RE: NEW stadium construction - bigblueodu - 04-25-2019 11:15 AM

Please tell me that huge structure is not just a press box! I would be squeezing in as many boxes up the as possible, even if they were like the small ones in the corners of the Ted!

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: NEW stadium construction - ETSUDB8-79 - 04-25-2019 11:38 AM

(04-25-2019 11:15 AM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Please tell me that huge structure is not just a press box! I would be squeezing in as many boxes up the as possible, even if they were like the small ones in the corners of the Ted!

I was told only two boxes up there - the rest is Press? or ? ? ? One for the President and one for the biggest money we can get. That will free at least 2 boxes in the endzone plus I hear loge seats are going to be available in the endzone because a lot of folks are moving from that area to the Priority One seating in the West Stands. I would add things keep changing and my info is at least 6 weeks old.

RE: NEW stadium construction - ODU True Blue - 04-25-2019 12:06 PM

(04-25-2019 11:38 AM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  
(04-25-2019 11:15 AM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Please tell me that huge structure is not just a press box! I would be squeezing in as many boxes up the as possible, even if they were like the small ones in the corners of the Ted!

I was told only two boxes up there - the rest is Press? or ? ? ? One for the President and one for the biggest money we can get. That will free at least 2 boxes in the endzone plus I hear loge seats are going to be available in the endzone because a lot of folks are moving from that area to the Priority One seating in the West Stands. I would add things keep changing and my info is at least 6 weeks old.

I think it will also have the coaches boxes. I haven't seen anything like the old one that was on the east side in the renderings.

RE: NEW stadium construction - ETSUDB8-79 - 04-25-2019 12:07 PM

(04-25-2019 12:06 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  

I think it will also have the coaches boxes. I haven't seen anything like the old one that was on the east side in the renderings.

Ahh, of course, that makes perfect sense.

RE: NEW stadium construction - monarx - 04-25-2019 12:35 PM

I appears there could be room under the press box for future suites. Is that accurate or would the press box have to be scrapped, add the suites and rebuild a press box on top? Or could suites potentially go on top of the press box?