CSNbbs
What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? (/thread-835629.html)

Pages: 1 2

What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - the_blazerman - 12-01-2017 11:17 AM

Looking stronger & stronger by the minute.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - 58-56 - 12-01-2017 11:18 AM

No. No. Please. No.

Who will bring the doughnuts?

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - rook360 - 12-01-2017 11:25 AM

As in AD Mark Ingram?
What happened?

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - Pavy78 - 12-01-2017 11:32 AM

(12-01-2017 11:25 AM)rook360 Wrote:  As in AD Mark Ingram?
What happened?

UT now has 2 open positions in their athletic department.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - Pavy78 - 12-01-2017 11:33 AM

I will say though, with a minute to go in the game last night, Mark was one of the first to stand, and was very animated. It was the first time I've seen him and actually think, "there's a fellow Blazer."

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - legalblazer - 12-01-2017 11:39 AM

UT is not hiring Ingram. Fulmer is going to elbow his way in there as AD.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - hooverblazer - 12-01-2017 12:03 PM

I thought Ingram wearing a green blazer last night like the one draped over Bartow's seat on the bench was pretty cool.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - Pavy78 - 12-01-2017 12:05 PM

(12-01-2017 12:03 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  I thought Ingram wearing a green blazer last night like the one draped over Bartow's seat on the bench was pretty cool.

04-rock

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - Blazer88 - 12-01-2017 12:30 PM

I don't get the hate for Ingram at all.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - Memphis Blazer - 12-01-2017 12:34 PM

Promise that was made to hate whoever Watts hired as AD, no matter who it was.

He was never given a chance

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - BlazerMatt - 12-01-2017 01:41 PM

(12-01-2017 12:34 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Promise that was made to hate whoever Watts hired as AD, no matter who it was.

Ingram came in with the mandate to run Clark off and keep football dead. In doing so he spent months alienating pretty much every person who was associated with the effort to bring UAB football back. He basically told every UAB fan and booster he talked to that they were dumb and misguided and that only he knew what was best for UAB. Not surprisingly he pissed off a large number of people in doing so.

Anyone suggesting that Ingram is somehow a victim quite frankly doesn't know what they are talking about.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 12-01-2017 01:42 PM

(12-01-2017 12:34 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Promise that was made to hate whoever Watts hired as AD, no matter who it was.

The irony is that if AD Ingram leaves, the same President will hire his replacement.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - LairDweller - 12-01-2017 02:00 PM

(12-01-2017 01:42 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  

The irony is that if AD Ingram leaves, the same President will hire his replacement.

With a LOT more help from powerful people

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - UAB Band Dad - 12-01-2017 02:02 PM

And a far different set of circumstances regarding the program.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 12-01-2017 02:09 PM

Dr Watts only has to please those who hired (and can fire and replace) him. The rest is keeping our fingers crossed.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - BlazerGreen - 12-01-2017 02:31 PM

I thought the search committee came up with a short list and Ingram wasn't on there. Watts disregarded it and hired who he wanted. If that's true, who would stop that from that happening again? If it's not true, well, never mind.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - biglizard - 12-01-2017 02:43 PM

(12-01-2017 02:31 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  I thought the search committee came up with a short list and Ingram wasn't on there. Watts disregarded it and hired who he wanted. If that's true, who would stop that from that happening again? If it's not true, well, never mind.

No I think he was one of the finalists

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - jcduncan13 - 12-01-2017 03:17 PM

Seeing his reaction on the field after we blocked La Tech’s kick made me feel a lot better about him.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - blazerfrombirth - 12-01-2017 03:21 PM

(12-01-2017 01:41 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  

Ingram came in with the mandate to run Clark off and keep football dead. In doing so he spent months alienating pretty much every person who was associated with the effort to bring UAB football back. He basically told every UAB fan and booster he talked to that they were dumb and misguided and that only he knew what was best for UAB. Not surprisingly he pissed off a large number of people in doing so.

Anyone suggesting that Ingram is somehow a victim quite frankly doesn't know what they are talking about.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I've had two interactions with him that very much fit your description. In both of those interactions, he either brushed off my concerns or blamed them on someone else. He was very smug, condescending, and in my opinion, unprofessional. I think that some of the Ingram hate is undeserved, but I think many complaints about him are also totally legitimate. I just don't think he's a very good fit for UAB.

RE: What are the odds this was Mark Ingram's last game at Bartow Arena? - UAB Band Dad - 12-01-2017 03:23 PM

(12-01-2017 02:31 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  I thought the search committee came up with a short list and Ingram wasn't on there. Watts disregarded it and hired who he wanted. If that's true, who would stop that from that happening again? If it's not true, well, never mind.

Ingram was on the final list of three that the Search Committee came up with.