CSNbbs
UTEP Football HC job... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: UTEP Football HC job... (/thread-835565.html)

UTEP Football HC job... - usmbacker - 11-30-2017 05:43 PM

I think if the Miners land this coach, he could do a great job.

Quote:UTEP: Sources tell FootballScoop that Sam Houston State (FCS – TX) head coach K.C. Keeler is a candidate for the head coaching opening at UTEP. Keeler is 44-11 leading the Bearkats since 2014, and prior to that was the head coach at Delaware, where he went 85-52 with a national title in 2003, and two more appearances in the FCS national title game with the Blue Hens (2007 and 2010). Keeler currently has the program in the FCS playoffs and is 10-1. If Keeler is the choice for UTEP, this could be a real life Nuclear Winter scenario; however we would not expect Keeler to formally interview or make any decisions before Sam Houston’s playoff run is over.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - herdfan129 - 11-30-2017 05:55 PM

I agree, and he runs a fun offense.

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - monarx - 11-30-2017 06:07 PM

Sounds like a good candidate.

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - MinerInWisconsin - 11-30-2017 06:59 PM

(11-30-2017 05:43 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  I think if the Miners land this coach, he could do a great job.

Quote:UTEP: Sources tell FootballScoop that Sam Houston State (FCS – TX) head coach K.C. Keeler is a candidate for the head coaching opening at UTEP. Keeler is 44-11 leading the Bearkats since 2014, and prior to that was the head coach at Delaware, where he went 85-52 with a national title in 2003, and two more appearances in the FCS national title game with the Blue Hens (2007 and 2010). Keeler currently has the program in the FCS playoffs and is 10-1. If Keeler is the choice for UTEP, this could be a real life Nuclear Winter scenario; however we would not expect Keeler to formally interview or make any decisions before Sam Houston’s playoff run is over.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

I'm hoping he turns out to be our coach. His name was one of the first few that Miner message board fans wanted along with Sonny Dykes and a few OC's.

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - banker - 11-30-2017 08:28 PM

No, I want his OC to replace our OC. If he gets the UTEP job he'll take him there with him.

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - BlueraiderJT - 12-01-2017 11:48 AM

I've been a fan of Keeler for a while now. That would be a home run hire for UTEP IMO. He recruited and got Joe Flacco to come to Delaware. He gets results everywhere he goes.

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - MinerInWisconsin - 12-01-2017 04:04 PM

(12-01-2017 11:48 AM)BlueraiderJT Wrote:  I've been a fan of Keeler for a while now. That would be a home run hire for UTEP IMO. He recruited and got Joe Flacco to come to Delaware. He gets results everywhere he goes.

If he does go to UTEP and has success for a couple years, he would be a good candidate to move up to a P5 job. Not an elite P5 job but athletic directors would be thinking that if he can win at UTEP, he can win anywhere.

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - JCMiner - 12-01-2017 05:36 PM

(12-01-2017 04:04 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:48 AM)BlueraiderJT Wrote:  I've been a fan of Keeler for a while now. That would be a home run hire for UTEP IMO. He recruited and got Joe Flacco to come to Delaware. He gets results everywhere he goes.

If he does go to UTEP and has success for a couple years, he would be a good candidate to move up to a P5 job. Not an elite P5 job but athletic directors would be thinking that if he can win at UTEP, he can win anywhere.

I think if he does good job he might just stick around and retire from UTEP. He will be 59 by the time next football season starts. It will take him at least 2-3 years before we see a winning season. I don’t know how many AD’s would want to hire a coach in the mid 60’s. Would he want to undertake another rebuild job at that age.

RE: UTEP Football HC job... - MinerInWisconsin - 12-02-2017 10:40 AM

(12-01-2017 05:36 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 04:04 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  

I think if he does good job he might just stick around and retire from UTEP. He will be 59 by the time next football season starts. It will take him at least 2-3 years before we see a winning season. I don’t know how many AD’s would want to hire a coach in the mid 60’s. Would he want to undertake another rebuild job at that age.

He would if it paid 2 or 3 million, I'll bet. But we're not there yet.