CSNbbs
FN Bowl Watch Discussion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: FN Bowl Watch Discussion (/thread-834827.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - 58-56 - 11-25-2017 05:56 PM

(11-25-2017 05:14 PM)iam4uab Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 05:03 PM)FTDS66 Wrote:  Bahamas is much more manageable than Hawaii. SWA flies to NAS now which has made flights much cheaper. It's really not too different than the South Florida bowls.

Doesn’t matter where it is, I need to drive it. Plane tickets, game tickets, food and hotel aren’t in the budget for the whole family.

Four weeks away. Not sure a passport application or renewal can turn around that fast.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - blazinrunner - 11-25-2017 05:58 PM

(11-25-2017 05:56 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 05:03 PM)FTDS66 Wrote:  Bahamas is much more manageable than Hawaii. SWA flies to NAS now which has made flights much cheaper. It's really not too different than the South Florida bowls.

Doesn’t matter where it is, I need to drive it. Plane tickets, game tickets, food and hotel aren’t in the budget for the whole family.

Four weeks away. Not sure a passport application or renewal can turn around that fast.

You can pay extra to have it expedited. About 2 weeks with that.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - FTDS66 - 11-25-2017 06:01 PM

I also heard a couple weeks back that Clark had the athletic department pay to get all the players passports when it was looking like we were going to be bowl eligible.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - mixduptransistor - 11-25-2017 06:36 PM

(11-25-2017 05:56 PM)58-56 Wrote:  

If you go in person to the passport agency in Atlanta or New Orleans you can get it same day

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - ICB - 11-25-2017 06:43 PM

I agree with above poster... If we politicked for Bahamas, it would be in total disregard for the average fan that marched and dipped into their savings to bring the program back. This first bowl should be celebrated by all. Go to Bahamas next year.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - BlazerMatt - 11-25-2017 07:04 PM

Nah. The bowl is a reward for the players. The game will be a great recruiting tool as well.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - blazerball25 - 11-25-2017 07:13 PM

2 years with no games played? I am all for an all expense paid trip to the Bahamas for the players. They deserve it for all of the S*** this administration put them through and the haters that wrote them off long ago. Well done men, if Bahamas is where you go, then Bahamas is where we will watch you! Whether it be in person or afar, you have made us all so very proud!

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - BlazerGreen - 11-25-2017 07:16 PM

Only way I get pissed at Clark after this beautiful 8-4 season is if he goes on the trip to the Bahamas and THEN goes to another school. In some cultures that would be considered a d*ck move.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - LairDweller - 11-25-2017 07:23 PM

(11-25-2017 07:13 PM)blazerball25 Wrote:  2 years with no games played? I am all for an all expense paid trip to the Bahamas for the players. They deserve it for all of the S*** this administration put them through and the haters that wrote them off long ago. Well done men, if Bahamas is where you go, then Bahamas is where we will watch you! Whether it be in person or afar, you have made us all so very proud!

+1
while we should focus on how ecstatic we are to be having this conversation, some of us are focused on which locations would leave us pissed off...
thats ridiculous

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - ICB - 11-25-2017 07:28 PM

No one in this thread has stated they’d be pissed if a certain bowl is chosen. No one. I as well as others only stated that they hope it’s not Bahamas for stated reason. The level of angst isn’t even measurable in this thread.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - mixduptransistor - 11-25-2017 07:40 PM

(11-25-2017 07:28 PM)ICB Wrote:  No one in this thread has stated they’d be pissed if a certain bowl is chosen. No one. I as well as others only stated that they hope it’s not Bahamas for stated reason. The level of angst isn’t even measurable in this thread.

I'll be pissed if they pick Birmingham, and I won't put it past Ray L. Watts to do it, either

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - BlazerGreen - 11-25-2017 07:45 PM

Maybe a little disappointing but if going to the Bahamas makes Bill Clark happy then book that trip now UAB. Make him feel as wanted as possible. This Bahamas trip (if that is indeed where UAB goes) will be a footnote when we break into the Top 25 for the first time and host the CUSA championship game.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - blazers9911 - 11-25-2017 07:59 PM

Well it’s nice that we are so good we have to ***** about what bowl we may or may not go to. Congrats to coach clark and the team and you guys go to the bowl you want to. Fans have shown you love all year, if we can’t make it to your location, you know we will all be there cheering on from home.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-25-2017 08:13 PM

I’ll be surprised if it not the Bahamas vs Ohio.
Southwest has the best deals on flights.

Outside shot at Bocca vs another MAC team. It will be one of those. Most likely NS IMHO

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - mrchance33 - 11-25-2017 08:26 PM

Really hope its not New Orleans with it being on the same day as graduation.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - blazerfrombirth - 11-25-2017 08:26 PM

I know it would be fun for the players and coaches to go to the Bahamas, and I will be happy for them if they do. But I will also be seriously bummed that I can't be there to cheer them on and experience my first bowl game in person. Still holding onto hope for New Orleans...

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - BlazerGreen - 11-25-2017 08:30 PM

Some fans seem to be pretty excited to play Troy. I'm not really one of them. Not this year. A MAC opponent sounds pretty good.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - BlazintheATL - 11-25-2017 08:33 PM

My biggest disappointment with the Bahamas will be that it will match us up with the least attractive opponent. If we can't play a Power 5 school, id at least like us to play an AAC or MWC school, or even Troy.

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - BlazerGreen - 11-25-2017 08:49 PM

I think Coach Clark (and Ingram if he was involved) did a good job scheduling this season so the team had an opportunity to succeed. Maybe that's part of his reasoning if he indeed prefers the Bahamas Bowl. Gives the team and his staff a great reward and more importantly for the future, a chance to win.

UAB is alive and 8-4. Coach Clark can take the team anywhere he damn pleases.

Go Blazers

RE: FN Bowl Watch Discussion - UAB Band Dad - 11-25-2017 08:57 PM

(11-25-2017 04:41 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  I think it will be the Bahamas

Bahamas are great with one notable exception. 97% of the UAB fan base who really want to travel to a bowl and support this team won't be able to go.

Other than that, sounds great.