CSNbbs
MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) (/thread-833451.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - FearTheLion - 11-16-2017 03:51 PM

pretty much all over CUSA

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - EverRespect - 11-16-2017 03:52 PM

Carver should be starting over Brandan. He cost us a chance of winning this game (on top of many others he has cost us) by not being able to make bunnies.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - odu09 - 11-16-2017 03:52 PM

Can't hit the needed free throws at the end of the game.. like clockwork.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - ODU804 - 11-16-2017 03:52 PM

Guys showed guts in the second half. Just dug too deep of a hole in the first. Hopefully we grow from this and win the next two.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - EverRespect - 11-16-2017 03:53 PM

Just let them run out the clock so we don't lose by double digits.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - Cyniclone - 11-16-2017 03:53 PM

For ODU to have any chance of an at-large, they needed to be on the good side of the bracket.

Now they're going to get Indiana State and (most likely) Hofstra or Ohio.

Mix in Richmond's freefall and I feel safe in saying that based on the OOC schedule, ODU's only NCAA hope is winning the CUSA tournament.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - FearTheLion - 11-16-2017 03:54 PM

I wouldn't start Carver over Brandan. AC had a great game but not enough to warrant taking our strongest inside player out of the lineup, IMO.

MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - devyanks90 - 11-16-2017 03:54 PM

This is the 2nd game in a row where we've had a better 2nd half.

That's something

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - odu09 - 11-16-2017 03:54 PM

Hey at least we can take a break until March since none of our games will matter until we get into the CUSA tournament

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - EverRespect - 11-16-2017 03:55 PM

(11-16-2017 03:53 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  For ODU to have any chance of an at-large, they needed to be on the good side of the bracket.

Mix in Richmond's freefall and I feel safe in saying that based on the OOC schedule, ODU's only NCAA hope is winning the CUSA tournament.

0 chance at an at large now. We could finish 29-1 and lose in the CUSA championship game and still wouldn't get on. Sad.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - odu09 - 11-16-2017 03:55 PM

Raise your hand if you were smart enough to take Temple -4

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - Punk - 11-16-2017 03:55 PM

(11-16-2017 03:53 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  For ODU to have any chance of an at-large, they needed to be on the good side of the bracket.

I'm pretty sure we needed to win the CUSA Tournament to get in the NCAAs unless we went undefeated on the season.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - FearTheLion - 11-16-2017 03:57 PM

That's pretty much what everyone had agreed on before this game. It's just another good time to pile on the same subject.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - EverRespect - 11-16-2017 03:57 PM

(11-16-2017 03:55 PM)Punk Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure we needed to win the CUSA Tournament to get in the NCAAs unless we went undefeated on the season.

I think we could have gotten in with wins over Temple, Auburn, MTSU and VCU and been able to afford a couple of losses to middle of the road teams. Oh wellsy. Jones's job rides on 4 days in Texas.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - 12thmonarch - 11-16-2017 03:58 PM

These ******* kids can't make a free throw and coach is too dumb to understand we have to make FT's to win games these days.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - Obiwan - 11-16-2017 03:58 PM

Wow love how some will throw in the towel based on At large consideration 3 games in. most team goals are to win the conference and get rewarded to go further. A ton of basketball left to play to enjoy The Monarchs play .. relax

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - Old Dominion - 11-16-2017 03:58 PM

Four Tops had a song years ago " Same old song, but with a different meaning since you been gone". Same old same old. Almost, but no cigar. Didn't we start off last year with an "almost" win? Think we're headed for 2016 part II. Lousy foul shooting, untimely turnovers, missed bunnies.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - FearTheLion - 11-16-2017 03:58 PM

At least we're not a bad team. Need a little more "want to" and we wouldn't have seen that blowout first half. On to the next one.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - ODUBB35 - 11-16-2017 03:58 PM

Slow start was a killer. Hopefully the second half was more typical of how we will play for the rest of the season.

RE: MBB Game 3 - ODU vs Temple (Charleston Classic) - Cyniclone - 11-16-2017 04:00 PM

(11-16-2017 03:55 PM)Punk Wrote:  

Had ODU won Charleston with victories against Temple, Auburn and Dayton/Clemson, that would have kept them in the conversation, presuming that they didn't lose any stupid ones along the way. But now there's a good chance that the only NCAA teams they'll play the rest of the way are VCU (maybe) and whoever wins CUSA if it isn't ODU.