CSNbbs
Coaching carousel rumors - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Coaching carousel rumors (/thread-832695.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - arkstfan - 11-08-2017 04:04 PM

(11-08-2017 01:08 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 12:55 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 12:48 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 10:24 AM)gostate1987 Wrote:  I don't understand why Auburn would want to fire Gus. Just doesn't make sense.

SEC is more of a "what are you doing for me now?" type league. Gus can't beat Georgia and Alabama. He's struggled with LSU, and he's losing one OOC game a year.

8-4 in the SEC gets you fired if you can't do any better. Remember, Auburn fired Chizik two years removed from a National Championship.

Ole Miss fired Cutcliffe one year after the only division title they've won.

Do you think Blake Anderson would be interested in Memphis if that job opens up. It just does not seem like a good fit to me.

I've found that when a coach says he needs to pray on it, most of the time Jesus says take the money.

I dunno, depends on what else is open and how he feels about those slots. Right now Red Wolves look on paper to be better in 2018 so might roll the bones to go for a higher gig if what he wants doesn't open up or come calling.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - Michael in Raleigh - 11-08-2017 08:56 PM

(11-07-2017 02:55 PM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 02:29 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  If Neal does leave after this year I'd love for him to go to Tennessee. At least that would temper my disappointment when he leaves Troy.

As a A-State fan, this always tempered my disappointment when a coach left...
[Image: giphy.gif]

If I remember correctly, Brown's buyout is the largest in the conference this year.

That looks like less than $100.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - chiefsfan - 11-08-2017 09:05 PM

(11-08-2017 10:24 AM)gostate1987 Wrote:  I don't understand why Auburn would want to fire Gus. Just doesn't make sense.

SEC is more of a "what are you doing for me now?" type league. Gus can't beat Georgia and Alabama. He's struggled with LSU, and he's losing one OOC game a year.

8-4 in the SEC gets you fired if you can't do any better. Remember, Auburn fired Chizik two years removed from a National Championship.

Do you think Blake Anderson would be interested in Memphis if that job opens up. It just does not seem like a good fit to me.

Meh. That's a hard call. I think a lot of what happens there depends on what P5 schools are open now, and what likely come open next season. Next season is probably going to be one of the more talented teams we've ever had, and the OOC schedule is actually doable for a change. There's a certain sense to turning an AAC type down and playing the odds that he'd be able to pick any job he wants with a 10-11 win type season in 2018.

Plus, I'm still not convinced he won't get P5 offers this season.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - TechRocks - 11-08-2017 09:23 PM

We'd welcome everyone take a look at Skip Holtz. He's the son of a famous coach.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - Seminole Indian - 11-08-2017 10:22 PM

(11-08-2017 09:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Meh. That's a hard call. I think a lot of what happens there depends on what P5 schools are open now, and what likely come open next season. Next season is probably going to be one of the more talented teams we've ever had, and the OOC schedule is actually doable for a change. There's a certain sense to turning an AAC type down and playing the odds that he'd be able to pick any job he wants with a 10-11 win type season in 2018.

Based on what I'm hearing from everyone, this team is poised to make some noise down the stretch, and they expect the noise will be loud enough it will attract predators.

Everyone agrees with arkstfan that the potential of the 2018 team, could be a big factor in his decision, if the offer is by a lesser P5, or say a Memphis.

Most don't think he would really fit in well in Memphis.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - chiefsfan - 11-08-2017 10:51 PM

(11-08-2017 09:23 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  We'd welcome everyone take a look at Skip Holtz. He's the son of a famous coach.

Let me gets you the number for the Georgia Southern Athletic Department. They may be desperate enough that it just might work...

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - trapdrawApp - 11-09-2017 08:02 AM

(11-08-2017 10:51 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 09:23 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  We'd welcome everyone take a look at Skip Holtz. He's the son of a famous coach.

Let me gets you the number for the Georgia Southern Athletic Department. They may be desperate enough that it just might work...

Would Skip be that desperate? I'd take 2 years off before moving to Statesboro.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - arkstfan - 11-09-2017 09:19 AM

Didn't understand the Skip hire. Guy couldn't build a winner in Florida.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - CAJUNNATION - 11-09-2017 10:05 AM

He fit the model.

Son of a famous coach.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - THUNDERStruck73 - 11-09-2017 10:15 AM

Several UCF posters feel that Frost isn't going anywhere but Im not so sure. If Nebraska opens up their check book and waves it around, I think Frost is gone.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - trapdrawApp - 11-09-2017 10:30 AM

(11-09-2017 09:19 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Didn't understand the Skip hire. Guy couldn't build a winner in Florida.

Wonder if ECU would trade Montgomery for him.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - Rik Flair - 11-09-2017 10:49 AM

(11-08-2017 10:22 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 09:05 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 12:48 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  SEC is more of a "what are you doing for me now?" type league. Gus can't beat Georgia and Alabama. He's struggled with LSU, and he's losing one OOC game a year.

Based on what I'm hearing from everyone, this team is poised to make some noise down the stretch, and they expect the noise will be loud enough it will attract predators.

Everyone agrees with arkstfan that the potential of the 2018 team, could be a big factor in his decision, if the offer is by a lesser P5, or say a Memphis.

Most don't think he would really fit in well in Memphis.

Interesting to see if Anderson leaves this year. If stAte keeps him, I see a pretty good raise for him and his assistants. I think it would have to be north of 2 million for him to leave because I think stAte would get close to 1.5 to keep him. If he does leave, another hungry up-and-comer would pounce on the opportunity. Having Hansen and company back next year is similar to what happened when Malzahn jumped at the job in 2012 knowing the team was loaded and would be successful.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - Klak - 11-09-2017 11:03 AM

(11-09-2017 10:15 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  Several UCF posters feel that Frost isn't going anywhere but Im not so sure. If Nebraska opens up their check book and waves it around, I think Frost is gone.

Nobody's coach is leaving. They love [TOWN X] where they've been raising their [KIDS/DOGS]. [COACH X] isn't in this for money. He's here because he loves [COACHING GOOD KIDS/BANGING CO-EDS] and that kind of thing just isn't available at [P5 SCHOOL WHERE THAT IS DEFINITELY AVAILABLE].

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - Crump1 - 11-09-2017 11:45 AM

(11-09-2017 11:03 AM)Klak Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 10:15 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  Several UCF posters feel that Frost isn't going anywhere but Im not so sure. If Nebraska opens up their check book and waves it around, I think Frost is gone.

Nobody's coach is leaving. They love [TOWN X] where they've been raising their [KIDS/DOGS]. [COACH X] isn't in this for money. He's here because he loves [COACHING GOOD KIDS/BANGING CO-EDS] and that kind of thing just isn't available at [P5 SCHOOL WHERE THAT IS DEFINITELY AVAILABLE].
This guy gets it.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - ManOnABuffalo - 11-09-2017 11:45 AM

Seems like some App trolling built into that, I don't blame you but Satt isn't going anywhere. Our wheels came off the last two games, that IMO is a big blemish in the "what have you done lately" resume.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - TheEagleWay - 11-09-2017 01:06 PM

(11-09-2017 11:45 AM)ManOnABuffalo Wrote:  

Seems like some App trolling built into that, I don't blame you but Satt isn't going anywhere. Our wheels came off the last two games, that IMO is a big blemish in the "what have you done lately" resume.

Umm... that also applies to Southern back during Monken's time. This is not just an App thing.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - Klak - 11-09-2017 01:13 PM

What, is Satt banging co-eds? 05-nono

This is just the same formula you see on every G5/FCS board right up until COACH X decides that other place is his actual dream job.

GS was Monken's dream job until Army became his dream job.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - GoAppsGo92 - 11-09-2017 01:17 PM

I would say to you "not so fast my friend". I'm hearing different. To the point that there was a team meeting held about off the field distractions. Satt might be tarnished a bit by this seasons performance but there are a number of job openings and he has managed a winning season out of a team that could easily be 2-7 right now.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - EigenEagle - 11-09-2017 02:58 PM

Nebraska is winning right around what you'd expect with the level of talent they have. They need to wise up and go back to an option offense if they want a chance to be elite. They should hire Ken Niumatalolo, but they won't. They'll chase more pro-style mediocrity.

Their 1995 team is still the greatest college football team of all time and would stomp any team from this season.

RE: Coaching carousel rumors - MissouriStateBears - 11-09-2017 03:28 PM

(11-09-2017 02:58 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Nebraska is winning right around what you'd expect with the level of talent they have. They need to wise up and go back to an option offense if they want a chance to be elite. They should hire Ken Niumatalolo, but they won't. They'll chase more pro-style mediocrity.

Their 1995 team is still the greatest college football team of all time and would stomp any team from this season.

Speaking of the option. Any smart high school coach should go to the option. Every team wants to run the spread and pass these days. Nobody can defend the option and power running in high school anymore. It doesn't take the personal either. But stubborn pride is taking over too much.