CSNbbs
Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture (/thread-831569.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - bullet - 10-28-2017 09:10 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-suspends-astros-yuli-gurriel-for-five-games-next-season-for-making-racist-gesture-at-dodgers-yu-darvish/ar-AAuatTH?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

More ridiculous PC. You've got a Spanish speaking Cuban new to America and he gets a 5 game suspension for basically taunting an opposing pitcher. Sensitivity training is one thing. But the suspension is just an unreasonable knee jerk reaction.

He's new to America. No common sense by the commissioner. Baseball must be getting pressure from politically correct corporations and starting to make the same bad decisions as the NFL.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - Bull_Is_Back - 10-28-2017 09:47 PM

(10-28-2017 09:10 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-suspends-astros-yuli-gurriel-for-five-games-next-season-for-making-racist-gesture-at-dodgers-yu-darvish/ar-AAuatTH?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

More ridiculous PC. You've got a Spanish speaking Cuban new to America and he gets a 5 game suspension for basically taunting an opposing pitcher. Sensitivity training is one thing. But the suspension is just an unreasonable knee jerk reaction.

He's new to America. No common sense by the commissioner. Baseball must be getting pressure from politically correct corporations and starting to make the same bad decisions as the NFL.

Five games for making a racist gesture is pretty tame, they even let the enforcement of it wait until next season.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - B_Hawk06 - 10-28-2017 09:56 PM

(10-28-2017 09:47 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 09:10 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-suspends-astros-yuli-gurriel-for-five-games-next-season-for-making-racist-gesture-at-dodgers-yu-darvish/ar-AAuatTH?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Five games for making a racist gesture is pretty tame, they even let the enforcement of it wait until next season.

Reasoning for that was the MLB Commish didn't want to punish all of the Astros for the actions of one. Effectively though, it dilludes the punishment to relatively nothing. So he get's 5 days off at the beginning of a 162 game regular season? Who cares. That's MLB "doing something" so they don't seem insensitive, but also not really giving a ****.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - stinkfist - 10-28-2017 10:02 PM

what a joke....total bs.....

I was a catcher....I'd been banned for life what came out of my mouth.....

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - B_Hawk06 - 10-28-2017 10:25 PM

(10-28-2017 10:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  what a joke....total bs.....

Which... actually isn't surprising at all for you. LMAO.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - shere khan - 10-28-2017 10:34 PM

03-lmfao me too normal rules of society dont apply when trying to rattle a batter

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - cb4029 - 10-28-2017 11:07 PM

So you guys turned into racist behind the plate? 05-stirthepot

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - GeminiCoog - 10-29-2017 12:57 AM

What's real irritating to me is Gurriel apologized to Darvish after realizing it was wrong, which led to Darvish's forgiveness of Gurriel (not to mention the five-game suspension handed down by the Commish), and the social justice warriors don't care. They want their pound of flesh because, you know, "social justice" and crap.

Was he (Gurriel) wrong for doing what he did? Sure. Absolutely. This diehard Astros fan thinks so. Still, he manned up and apologized when he realized what he did was wrong, and the target of his so-called "taunt" even accepted his apology! Why is it that the "victim" can let it go, but social justice warriors can't? (Oh, yeah. Because "reasons" or some weird crap.)

Only those who are faultless have the right to pass judgement upon others. Last I checked, none of us are perfect. NONE OF US! So judge not, lest ye be judged.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - shere khan - 10-29-2017 01:14 AM

(10-28-2017 11:07 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  So you guys turned into racist behind the plate? 05-stirthepot

never went that far but it got pretty rough, of course we werent all a bunch oversensitive crybabies back then.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - GeminiCoog - 10-29-2017 01:19 AM

(10-29-2017 01:14 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 11:07 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  So you guys turned into racist behind the plate? 05-stirthepot

never went that far but it got pretty rough, of course we werent all a bunch oversensitive crybabies back then.

I thought of you earlier when I called out some social justice warriors on Facebook, and one of them proudly said they were one. I so wanted to post a Shere Khan gif of him saying "How Delightful" as a response to her. That would've been worthy of a managerial position at the Dairy Whip.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - shere khan - 10-29-2017 01:21 AM

(10-29-2017 01:19 AM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  

I thought of you earlier when I called out some social justice warriors on Facebook, and one of them proudly said they were one. I so wanted to post a Shere Khan gif of him saying "How Delightful" as a response to her. That would've been worthy of a managerial position at the Dairy Whip.

lol thats above my pay grade. gotta see BC1

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - GeminiCoog - 10-29-2017 01:22 AM

(10-29-2017 01:21 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

I bet he would've enjoyed it, too. 03-lmfao

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - bullet - 10-29-2017 02:31 AM

(10-28-2017 09:47 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

Five games with no pay on a first offense for someone new to the country and culture?

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - stinkfist - 10-29-2017 05:50 AM

(10-28-2017 10:34 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

03-lmfao me too normal rules of society dont apply when trying to rattle a batter

dayum spiffy....if they didn't have a sister it was about their mother....sometimes I'd switch it up and go with a mel blanc voice as the ball headed to the plate....fun times those were....

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - miko33 - 10-29-2017 07:32 AM

(10-29-2017 01:21 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

Isn't he that mega troll on the AAC and expansion boards?

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - Fort Bend Owl - 10-29-2017 07:42 AM

It could come down now to a Game 7 World Series back in LA with Darvish vs. Gurriel, part 2. The Internet may explode.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - VA49er - 10-29-2017 08:22 AM

lol, yeah, good thing about back then is the taunted actually taunted back instead of running to mommy and complain, etc.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - swagsurfer11 - 10-29-2017 08:24 AM

Racism is unacceptable in baseball.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - SuperFlyBCat - 10-29-2017 08:29 AM

He did not mock the pitcher. He was in the dugout sitting down, away from the field of play.

RE: Astros player suspended for 5 games for gesture - Owl 69/70/75 - 10-29-2017 08:35 AM

I guess where I have a problem is that I always saw racism as containing an element of intent, and I don't see the indicia of intent here.