CSNbbs
EMU VS NIU Preview - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: EMU VS NIU Preview (/thread-831128.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

EMU VS NIU Preview - Teamduh - 10-24-2017 03:03 PM

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/eastern-michigan-eagles-vs-northern-illinois-huskies-preview-and-prediction-2017

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - prairiedawg - 10-24-2017 08:46 PM

(10-24-2017 03:03 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  https://athlonsports.com/college-football/eastern-michigan-eagles-vs-northern-illinois-huskies-preview-and-prediction-2017

Decent write up but spare me the easy BS prediction 28-21. Ya think he just looked at the Vegas line and o/u? NIU -7 ... O/U 47. We all can do the math.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - bikechuck - 10-24-2017 09:38 PM

This article says that the game is on ESPN3 but the NIU site says that it is on CBS Sports Network.

Does anyone know which is correct or perhaps if it is on both? I get ESPN3 but I do not get CBS Sports Network. I already used the one week trial subscription to HULU so I could watch the last game on CBS Sports Network and I doubt if I can go down that path a second time.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - DogPoundNorth - 10-24-2017 10:05 PM

(10-24-2017 09:38 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  This article says that the game is on ESPN3 but the NIU site says that it is on CBS Sports Network.

Does anyone know which is correct or perhaps if it is on both? I get ESPN3 but I do not get CBS Sports Network. I already used the one week trial subscription to HULU so I could watch the last game on CBS Sports Network and I doubt if I can go down that path a second time.

It’s on CBSSN

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - NIU70 - 10-24-2017 10:12 PM

(10-24-2017 10:05 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(10-24-2017 09:38 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  This article says that the game is on ESPN3 but the NIU site says that it is on CBS Sports Network.

It’s on CBSSN
Confirmed. Just checked the CBSSN website--it's on.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - NIU84 - 10-24-2017 10:42 PM

(10-24-2017 10:12 PM)NIU70 Wrote:  
(10-24-2017 10:05 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  

It’s on CBSSN
Confirmed. Just checked the CBSSN website--it's on.
and it already shows up on my xfinity listings when i hit 'guide' on the remote...channel 232!

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - sterling1man - 10-25-2017 06:57 AM

Looking forward to this game.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - Bears85 - 10-25-2017 08:19 AM

I just hope with the short turn around that we will be ready physically. I'm sure our staff has given them plenty of rest over these past few days. That will be critical in winning this game. EMU will be ready, that's for sure.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - NILAW - 10-25-2017 08:31 AM

(10-25-2017 08:19 AM)Bears85 Wrote:  I just hope with the short turn around that we will be ready physically. I'm sure our staff has given them plenty of rest over these past few days. That will be critical in winning this game. EMU will be ready, that's for sure.

Carey discussed the short turn around in the press conference yesterday. He and most of the players have been trough this before. EMU has the same short week, and they are coming off a more draining OT loss, and have to travel to DeKalb (although we had to fly back from BG Saturday).

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - 7 - 10-25-2017 08:38 AM

EMU’s on a short week too and they played an overtime game last week. Most/all of “our” starters played at most 3 quarters.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - Djud - 10-25-2017 09:35 AM

This is a critical game for many obvious reasons, but there are 2 in particular;
1) This game will provide a measurent as to how we stack up against the MAC. Although they are 2-5, the difference between EMU and the top tier MAC teams is not that significant. They are far better than the team's we have played in conference to date. Unlike the last 3 opponents, we can not leave plays on the field (dropped passes, open receivers). We have to execute at a high level; for 4 quarters.
2) This game wil validate Carey's QB decision. I believe that as of now Childers has had the most game reps of any QB this season. He was able to gain confidence/experience against weaker opponents; he has been reassured by the staff that he is indeed "the guy", and nobody else is in the picture. A QB playing with confidence plays at a completely different level; the table has been perfectly set for Childers. A victory against EMU, and a solid, clean game from Childers will put to rest any arguments and/or skepticism.

If this does not happen, the debate will continue, and the doubters will multiply.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - Huskie_Jon - 10-25-2017 10:05 AM

(10-25-2017 08:31 AM)NILAW Wrote:  
(10-25-2017 08:19 AM)Bears85 Wrote:  I just hope with the short turn around that we will be ready physically. I'm sure our staff has given them plenty of rest over these past few days. That will be critical in winning this game. EMU will be ready, that's for sure.

Carey discussed the short turn around in the press conference yesterday. He and most of the players have been trough this before. EMU has the same short week, and they are coming off a more draining OT loss, and have to travel to DeKalb (although we had to fly back from BG Saturday).

Maybe that is why Huff did not make the trip to Buffalo. He will be ready.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - sterling1man - 10-25-2017 10:56 AM

If NIU can win by two score against a team that has had 6 games decided by less than one score, it would definitely be a statement win.

Given that NIU still has to face CMU, WMU and Toledo just winning this game without suffering any major injuries should be the goal.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - NILAW - 10-25-2017 11:48 AM

(10-25-2017 10:05 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(10-25-2017 08:31 AM)NILAW Wrote:  

Maybe that is why Huff did not make the trip to Buffalo. He will be ready.

I hope Huff is ready and good to go. Yesterday Carey said he did not know, which I think is just Carey playing it close to the vest. EMU is most susceptible to the run. While Mister, Jones and the other RBs ran well against BG, a healthy Huff could be significant in this game.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - Huskie_Jon - 10-25-2017 01:27 PM

Huff is day to day.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - NILAW - 10-25-2017 02:08 PM

Here is the Chicago Tribune preview.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-northern-illinois-eastern-michigan-preview-spt-1026-20171025-story.html

Huff is not listed on the depth chart. While that is not conclusive, I am thinking he will not play. If he is not close to 100% we may be better off with our other RBs.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - NIU007 - 10-25-2017 02:17 PM

(10-25-2017 01:27 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  Huff is day to day.

I hope it isn't the Akeem Daniels type of day to day.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - 7 - 10-25-2017 02:24 PM

(10-25-2017 02:08 PM)NILAW Wrote:  Here is the Chicago Tribune preview.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-northern-illinois-eastern-michigan-preview-spt-1026-20171025-story.html

Huff is not listed on the depth chart. While that is not conclusive, I am thinking he will not play. If he is not close to 100% we may be better off with our other RBs.

Usually the depth chart is less about who will play this week and more who played last week

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - Teamduh - 10-25-2017 02:30 PM

Emu might be traveling today; meaning they have 1 less day 2 prepare. If they travel on game day I can imagine them being sluggish, imo.

I think the advantage is NIU's in the short week.

RE: EMU VS NIU Preview - Teamduh - 10-25-2017 02:34 PM

(10-25-2017 08:38 AM)7 Wrote:  EMU’s on a short week too and they played an overtime game last week. Most/all of “our” starters played at most 3 quarters.
7, u crack me up. Can't we be NIU too? You remind me of a reporter that has to stay impartial. The fact that we are on here discussing NIU football and cheering them on shows we want to be part of the team so to speak.

We know we aren't on the team but it can still be our team, right?