CSNbbs
Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury (/thread-830456.html)

Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - 142niu - 10-18-2017 03:45 PM

https://www.hustlebelt.com/niu-huskies/2017/10/18/16487598/mid-season-report-card-grading-the-niu-huskies

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - 7 - 10-18-2017 04:14 PM

I got through the first paragraph and stopped reading after seeing “we” apparently threw late picks at Buffalo.

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - Teamduh - 10-18-2017 04:15 PM

(10-18-2017 03:45 PM)142niu Wrote:  https://www.hustlebelt.com/niu-huskies/2017/10/18/16487598/mid-season-report-card-grading-the-niu-huskies
I would grade the dbs lower. Perhaps a C. Why so critical? They were supposed to be the strength of the unit but they have played uneven so far.
Big games against Nebraska followed by first half mishaps against Buffalo. Here is hoping that is was communication failures as these can be corrected. The talent is there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - Lord Stanley - 10-18-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:Kicker: F

Christian Hagan has slipped from a very reliable kicker to a liability.

This season he has only been successful on four of his ten FG attempts, which would which is bad...real bad. He is 19/19 on extra points and he’s been decent on kickoffs, netting six touchbacks and averaging 61.9 yards per kick. But even that hasn’t been perfect as he has kicked two out of bounds this season so far.

One day, I hope to hear the story of what caused Hagen to go from 2015 First Team All-MAC to........................ this.

I hope he shakes his bugaboos.

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - DogPoundNorth - 10-18-2017 06:47 PM

Hustlebelt is the MAC scheduling of sports blogs

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - MiamiHuskie - 10-18-2017 07:10 PM

Carey got a B+. I'll give him an A if we beat the Turds.

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - MaddDawgz02 - 10-18-2017 08:02 PM

(10-18-2017 07:10 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  Carey got a B+. I'll give him an A if we beat the Turds.

Carey gets a C- imo. Butchering QB situation limits that grade

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - 142niu - 10-18-2017 09:03 PM

(10-18-2017 04:51 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
Quote:Kicker: F

Christian Hagan has slipped from a very reliable kicker to a liability.

This season he has only been successful on four of his ten FG attempts, which would which is bad...real bad. He is 19/19 on extra points and he’s been decent on kickoffs, netting six touchbacks and averaging 61.9 yards per kick. But even that hasn’t been perfect as he has kicked two out of bounds this season so far.

One day, I hope to hear the story of what caused Hagen to go from 2015 First Team All-MAC to........................ this.

I hope he shakes his bugaboos.

I remember Sims falling apart his senior year too

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - Djud - 10-18-2017 09:13 PM

(10-18-2017 08:02 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(10-18-2017 07:10 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  Carey got a B+. I'll give him an A if we beat the Turds.

Hahaha...of all the people on this site , you should be absolutely elated with the way Carey has handled the QB situation. Your guy, Childers, was actually the 4th QB after camp. Carey and his staff must have seen talent and upside in the kid, so they continue to work with him in spite of his poor fall camp. Accept it or not, Graham won the starting job out of camp. He goes down, and in comes Santa, who most (not all) would say, did what he was suppose to do and more. For reasons we have talked/debated about to the point of exhaustion; Santa loses the job to Childers. Childers comes in at the absolute perfect time for a RS freshman who needs development; the easiest 3 game stretch in our schedule. He is able to grow (translation...make mistakes, over throw open receivers and yes, even turn the ball over) without losing games, nor his job. The offensive game plan is tailored around his skills (running,short passes) and he is given the occasional yet cocnsitent opportunity to make the big plays. If anything, Carey has handled your guy flawlessly.
Yet again, I have broke my promise to myself and responded to your lunacy.

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - MaddDawgz02 - 10-18-2017 09:16 PM

(10-18-2017 09:13 PM)Djud Wrote:  

Hahaha...of all the people on this site , you should be absolutely elated with the way Carey has handled the QB situation. Your guy, Childers, was actually the 4th QB after camp. Carey and his staff must have seen talent and upside in the kid, so they continue to work with him in spite of his poor fall camp. Accept it or not, Graham won the starting job out of camp. He goes down, and in comes Santa, who most (not all) would say, did what he was suppose to do and more. For reasons we have talked/debated about to the point of exhaustion; Santa loses the job to Childers. Childers comes in at the absolute perfect time for a RS freshman who needs development; the easiest 3 game stretch in our schedule. He is able to grow (translation...make mistakes, over throw open receivers and yes, even turn the ball over) without losing games, nor his job. The offensive game plan is tailored around his skills (running,short passes) and he is given the occasional yet cocnsitent opportunity to make the big plays. If anything, Carey has handled your guy flawlessly.

Niu comes out of the gate with santa or Childers and does not flip flop QBs , huskies are most likely 6-0

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - DogPoundNorth - 10-18-2017 10:57 PM

(10-18-2017 09:16 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Niu comes out of the gate with santa or Childers and does not flip flop QBs , huskies are most likely 6-0

LOL, what?

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - MaddDawgz02 - 10-19-2017 12:27 AM

(10-18-2017 10:57 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(10-18-2017 09:16 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

LOL, what?

If one of the two best QBs started the year , NiU beats BC, and probably beats SDSU

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - Max Power - 10-19-2017 06:59 AM

What about Nebraska? Santa's deep ball on the go ahead drive was critical.

Edit: I see you said Santa or Childers. Well, Santa lost the SDSU game and I doubt Childers would've won that one. I do wish Graham didn't start Week 1 and we beat BC.

RE: Hustlebelt Mid-Season Report Card by Dave Drury - Teamduh - 10-19-2017 11:00 AM

(10-18-2017 04:14 PM)7 Wrote:  I got through the first paragraph and stopped reading after seeing “we” apparently threw late picks at Buffalo.
So you are saying the writing is biased? Yep, just the way Hustlbelt works. Hometown fan writes article. We critique.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk