CSNbbs
College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team (/thread-829795.html)

College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - Kaplony - 10-12-2017 01:37 PM

http://footballscoop.com/news/one-college-football-team-kicked-player-off-team-kneeling-national-anthem/

Quote:Albright College, a Division III school in Reading, Pa., 65 miles northwest of Philadelphia, has booted backup quarterback Gyree Durante from the team after kneeling for the Anthem before Saturday’s game with Delaware Valley University.

“I was just taught you fight for what you believe in and you don’t bow to anyone,” Durante, who is black, told NBC Philadelphia. “I believe heavily in this. So I decided to fight for it.”

Durante was booted from the team not by the Lions’ coaches or administrators, but in a decision by a 24-member leadership council composed of Durante’s teammates. The team agreed to kneel during the coin toss and stand for the Anthem, but Durante went against his word to stand in his decision to kneel, according to teammates.

“We trusted him throughout the week, after time and time again he told us he would stand,” teammate Josh Powell told the station. “When you can’t have a player on a team that you can trust, he’s got to go.”

RE: College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - TigerBlue4Ever - 10-12-2017 01:45 PM

oops, #pushback

RE: College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - ECUGrad07 - 10-12-2017 02:52 PM

“I believe heavily in this. So I decided to fight for it.”

Believe in what? Nobody seems to be on the same page about what the kneeling is for. Anti-Police Brutality? Anti-America? Anti-Racism/Oppression? Anti-Trump? The story keeps changing, keeps getting walked back, keeps getting re-framed.

Fight for it? Yeah man, you go ahead and fight the good fight. Kneeling before a D3 football game attended by 76 people will really change whatever the heck it is you decide you're protesting.

03-lmfao

Idiots.

RE: College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - Lord Stanley - 10-12-2017 03:01 PM

We kicked a kid off our college team for much less than this...........

RE: College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - memphistiger89 - 10-12-2017 04:31 PM

If Obama had a son that played Division 3 football, he would look like Gyree.

RE: College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - HeartOfDixie - 10-12-2017 08:14 PM

“Fighting”

Yea, if he wanted to fight he would do something more useful and more impactful than kneeling and insulting others.

This is societal lazyness at its core.

If any of these people wanted to do something they could, but that’s hard.

RE: College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - swagsurfer11 - 10-12-2017 08:55 PM

(10-12-2017 02:52 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  “I believe heavily in this. So I decided to fight for it.”

Believe in what? Nobody seems to be on the same page about what the kneeling is for. Anti-Police Brutality? Anti-America? Anti-Racism/Oppression? Anti-Trump? The story keeps changing, keeps getting walked back, keeps getting re-framed.

Fight for it? Yeah man, you go ahead and fight the good fight. Kneeling before a D3 football game attended by 76 people will really change whatever the heck it is you decide you're protesting.

03-lmfao

Idiots.

What you probably should have wrote was "I don't know anything about this topic, I truly don't understand racial injustice and police brutality because it is not a problem for me."