CSNbbs
Healthcare Executive Order - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Healthcare Executive Order (/thread-829786.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Healthcare Executive Order - rath v2.0 - 10-12-2017 12:19 PM

I hate the use of "legislative" executive orders....but this is so much common sense I can't believe this idiot congress screwed around so long that it required this.

Now can cross state lines for healthcare plans. Will be able to aggregate and access trade union and association plans. What Sen. Rand Paul was pushing all along.

Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - EverRespect - 10-12-2017 12:27 PM

Muh pen and muh phone

Progressives cannot say shite. I told them someone would eventually take the precedent and write executive orders they didn't like.

Hence Trump

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - SuperFlyBCat - 10-12-2017 12:29 PM

(10-12-2017 12:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I hate the use of "legislative" executive orders....but this is so much common sense I can't believe this idiot congress screwed around so long that it required this.

Now can cross state lines for healthcare plans. Will be able to aggregate and access trade union and association plans. What Sen. Rand Paul was pushing all along.

Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.

04-clap2

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - georgia_tech_swagger - 10-12-2017 12:31 PM

I desperately want this to happen. I'm self-employed. My health insurance premium is second only to my mortgage.

But per the analysis from Reason, this is like celebrating that you've won at the beginning of a marathon. http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/12/trumps-new-executive-order-makes-it-easi

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - swagsurfer11 - 10-12-2017 12:33 PM

Shortening the enrollment period is a good thing?

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - Lord Stanley - 10-12-2017 12:37 PM

(10-12-2017 12:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.

Ooo-ooo, let me try!

F* these a-holes
This strips basic protections from everyone
Push grandma off the cliff
Trump is trying to murder people
It's stupid
Jesus Christ himself could come down all trumpets and angels and denounce it and they'd still run ahead with it
If it were ever time to hit the streets, this would be the time.
They'll kill brown people.
If I weren't crying, I'd be laughing, because it's really laughable.
It's amazing how the GOP relentlessly serves evil.
Koch Brothers
Veterans will die

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - ARandomHerdFan - 10-12-2017 12:52 PM

I expected to see the same people who screamed "KING OBAMA! KING OBAMA!" and decried the use of executive orders come out and do the same for Trump.

Silly me for thinking anyone would be consistent. Blind partisanship rules the day on both sides.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - SuperFlyBCat - 10-12-2017 12:53 PM

(10-12-2017 12:31 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I desperately want this to happen. I'm self-employed. My health insurance premium is second only to my mortgage.

But per the analysis from Reason, this is like celebrating that you've won at the beginning of a marathon. http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/12/trumps-new-executive-order-makes-it-easi

It is a disaster for self employed, independent contractors, small biz, but anything to get a pass from the mandates in obamacare policies is big. Are you married? guessing no because if she worked and a policy that you could be on that would be big.

At this point for self employed people, marry a really good friend male or female that works for a fortune 500 or ABC school district and get on their plan. Choice has vanished, policy cost skyrocketed, and coverage blows. You used to be able to get an 80% catastrophic plan, if something bad happened, for $200 a month.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - rath v2.0 - 10-12-2017 12:58 PM

(10-12-2017 12:52 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  I expected to see the same people who screamed "KING OBAMA! KING OBAMA!" and decried the use of executive orders come out and do the same for Trump.

Silly me for thinking anyone would be consistent. Blind partisanship rules the day on both sides.

That is your contribution to this topic?

Good Lord.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - ARandomHerdFan - 10-12-2017 01:01 PM

(10-12-2017 12:58 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 12:52 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  I expected to see the same people who screamed "KING OBAMA! KING OBAMA!" and decried the use of executive orders come out and do the same for Trump.

Good Lord.

Yep.

I know it's not as dynamite as "muh pen and muh phone" or LordStanley's incredible thought-provoking contribution, but it'll have to do.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - Lord Stanley - 10-12-2017 01:04 PM

(10-12-2017 12:52 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  Silly me for thinking anyone would be consistent. Blind partisanship rules the day on both sides.

I for one make no excuses because I don't want liberals and their destructive policies to be implemented.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - EverRespect - 10-12-2017 01:06 PM

(10-12-2017 01:01 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  

Good Lord.

Yep.

I know it's not as dynamite as "muh pen and muh phone" or LordStanley's incredible thought-provoking contribution, but it'll have to do.

You mad? Losing isn't a lot of fun, is it? I suggest getting onboard the train!

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - solohawks - 10-12-2017 01:06 PM

anything that provides alternatives to the failing exchanges are a good thing.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - rath v2.0 - 10-12-2017 01:09 PM

So what are you really mad about, Random? The fact that its an executive order or the fact that this is potentially a good development for people who have been screwed over by this failing piece of legislation?

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - Lord Stanley - 10-12-2017 01:09 PM

(10-12-2017 01:01 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  LordStanley's incredible thought-provoking contribution.

04-rock

Those were almost verbatim from comments on a liberal website. All I did was change up the swear words.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - TigerBlue4Ever - 10-12-2017 01:14 PM

(10-12-2017 01:01 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  

Good Lord.

Yep.

It's hyper-partisanship disguised as a rant against hyper-partisanship.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - ARandomHerdFan - 10-12-2017 01:28 PM

(10-12-2017 01:09 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  So what are you really mad about, Random? The fact that its an executive order or the fact that this is potentially a good development for people who have been screwed over by this failing piece of legislation?

I'm not mad at all over the executive order, and it'll be great if it helps people.

The annoyance is the absolute hypocrisy of both sides of the aisle when it comes to these things.

For Republicans/conservatives, when Obama signed executive orders, he was a "king" or a "dictator". Everything he signed was an abuse of power. Now that Trump is in office, executive orders are awesome.

For Democrats/liberals, just flip those two... they were awesome during Obama's tenure and are now the worst thing in the world. You can also throw in the constant "BUT BUSH SIGNED MORE" comments that tried to justify everything.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - solohawks - 10-12-2017 01:53 PM

I would have been much happier if Congress could have done its job. However, Trump did not dismantle Obamacare. He used the power the law granted to the executive by the legislature. He didn't even get rid of the individual mandate.

I just don't see this as apples to apples comparison.

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - Kaplony - 10-12-2017 01:58 PM

(10-12-2017 12:37 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 12:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.

Ooo-ooo, let me try!

F* these a-holes
This strips basic protections from everyone
Push grandma off the cliff
Trump is trying to murder people
It's stupid
Jesus Christ himself could come down all trumpets and angels and denounce it and they'd still run ahead with it
If it were ever time to hit the streets, this would be the time.
They'll kill brown people.
If I weren't crying, I'd be laughing, because it's really laughable.
It's amazing how the GOP relentlessly serves evil.
Koch Brothers
Veterans will die

Admit it....you just copied and pasted Democratic Underground didn't you?

RE: Healthcare Executive Order - Kaplony - 10-12-2017 02:02 PM

(10-12-2017 01:53 PM)solohawks Wrote:  I would have been much happier if Congress could have done its job. However, Trump did not dismantle Obamacare. He used the power the law granted to the executive by the legislature. He didn't even get rid of the individual mandate.

Yep.

Quote:I just don't see this as apples to apples comparison.
It's not. It's just yet another in a series of misguided rants from the left trying to compare things that aren't truly the same. Much like Mach's constant rants about private email use.