CSNbbs
Explosive devises found in apartment complex - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Explosive devises found in apartment complex (/thread-828827.html)

Explosive devises found in apartment complex - Fitbud - 10-02-2017 09:49 AM

Military personnel found multiple explosive devices inside an East El Paso apartment complex.

The explosives were found around 9 P.M Saturday night, at the Album Park Apartments on the 2600 block of Yarbrough.

Residents inside one part of the complex were evacuated while the bomb squad investigated.

Police tell ABC-7 military personnel was following up on a separate call when they discovered the explosive devices.Link

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - 200yrs2late - 10-02-2017 10:03 AM

Any article with more of a description of the circumstances? Like the comments say, could just be an avid shooter or hunter who reloads or uses black powder. On the other hand, could be terrorists who came across a soft border.

The article either exposes press reporting a non-story before having all the facts, or demonstrates the need to build the wall.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - Fitbud - 10-02-2017 10:04 AM

(10-02-2017 10:03 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Any article with more of a description of the circumstances? Like the comments say, could just be an avid shooter or hunter who reloads or uses black powder. On the other hand, could be terrorists who came across a soft border.

The article either exposes press reporting a non-story before having all the facts, or demonstrates the need to build the wall.

I will update the thread as soon as I hear more.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - umbluegray - 10-02-2017 10:37 AM

I love detailed reporting.

Saturday night/Sunday morning there was a carjacking in Collierville, a somewhat well-to-do suburb of Memphis. Two cars exited 385 at the Byhalia Rd exit. One car rear-ended the other.

When the driver of the front car got out, two people got out of the rear car, pulled a gun, shot the guy (he's OK) and stole his car.

The description of the two suspects? Around 5'8".

That's it.

So we're on the look out for two people who are 5'8" in a metro area of ~1.5 million.

No male, female, black, white, young, old... nothing. Just 5'8".

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - 200yrs2late - 10-02-2017 10:39 AM

(10-02-2017 10:37 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  I love detailed reporting.

Saturday night/Sunday morning there was a carjacking in Collierville, a somewhat well-to-do suburb of Memphis. Two cars exited 385 at the Byhalia Rd exit. One car rear-ended the other.

When the driver of the front car got out, two people got out of the rear car, pulled a gun, shot the guy (he's OK) and stole his car.

That's it.

So we're on the look out for two people who are 5'8" in a metro area of ~1.5 million.

so a short dude or slightly above average height woman. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - VA49er - 10-02-2017 10:39 AM

That's it.

Silly, isn't it? I imagine the cops know the race, ect off the suspects. However, that info isn't revealed out of fear of some idiots bringing race into the discussion.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - umbluegray - 10-02-2017 10:47 AM

(10-02-2017 10:39 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

That's it.

Silly, isn't it? I imagine the cops know the race, ect off the suspects. However, that info isn't revealed out of fear of some idiots bringing race into the discussion.

Bingo.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - Fitbud - 10-02-2017 10:48 AM

That's it.

Do you have a link for that story?

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - Redbanksdog - 10-02-2017 11:12 AM

(10-02-2017 10:48 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

That's it.

Here you go.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36496614/collierville-man-shares-lesson-learned-after-carjacking

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - TigerBlue4Ever - 10-02-2017 11:17 AM

That's it.

Do you know how to use Google??

A Google search of "carjacking in Collierville" yielded the following results:

About 36,200 results (0.79 seconds)

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - Kaplony - 10-02-2017 11:19 AM

(10-02-2017 10:39 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

That's it.

Just from experience it's typically the media who leaves out the race, not law enforcement. It does law enforcement no good to leave out a pretty important detail like that.

We have a running joke around here concerning one of our media outlets. If they don't mention the race of a suspect it's a good bet they are black.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - umbluegray - 10-02-2017 11:41 AM

That's it.

I found it and noticed it has been updated.

Now we're looking for two people who are either 5'7" or 5'8", one of whom has shoulder-lengths dreads.

Man recovers from carjacking, shooting in Collierville

Published: Saturday, September 30th 2017, 8:31 am CDT
Updated: Sunday, October 1st 2017, 7:12 am CDT

Quote:The first suspect is described as 5-feet-7 or 5-feet-8-inches tall with shoulder-length dreadlocks. The other suspect is described as 5-feet-7 or 5-feet-8-inches tall.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - Fitbud - 10-02-2017 01:21 PM

(10-02-2017 11:41 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  

That's it.

Now we're looking for two people who are either 5'7" or 5'8", one of whom has shoulder-lengths dreads.

Quote:The first suspect is described as 5-feet-7 or 5-feet-8-inches tall with shoulder-length dreadlocks. The other suspect is described as 5-feet-7 or 5-feet-8-inches tall.

So they are looking for this guy?

[Image: 33-Dreadlocks.jpg?x73884]

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - banker - 10-02-2017 01:40 PM

There you go, Fit. That was actually funny.

RE: Explosive devises found in apartment complex - umbluegray - 10-02-2017 01:44 PM

(10-02-2017 01:21 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 11:41 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  

That's it.

So they are looking for this guy?

[Image: 33-Dreadlocks.jpg?x73884]

He should be pretty easy to find. I saw him when we went to the Magic Kingdom recently.

He may have been in Memphis this past weekend for the Pride Festival.