CSNbbs
Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested (/thread-828309.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Bearcats#1 - 02-23-2018 11:31 PM

I can't wait for XU to get nailed for being dirty. Wonder if the local press will run with it or look the other way....

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - bearcatmill - 02-23-2018 11:33 PM

Wasn't Mack an assistant under Miller? Maybe Miller will turn in Eggs for a reduced sentence

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Loco Bearcat - 02-23-2018 11:33 PM

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=SOmQWt_WOcqwjwPGioKADw&q=sgt+schultz+gif&oq=sgt+sch&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.1.0l5.1828.5422..6803...1....165.925.0j7..........1..mobile-gws-wiz-hp.....3..5j35i39j0i131j0i20i264.fgLdn6OcrUw%3D#imgrc=2iNe55NfYEd23M:
Chris Mack everyone.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - UCGrad1992 - 02-23-2018 11:36 PM

[Image: fan_1363375500_600x275.jpg]

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Loco Bearcat - 02-23-2018 11:39 PM

(02-23-2018 11:33 PM)bearcatmill Wrote:  Wasn't Mack an assistant under Miller? Maybe Miller will turn in Eggs for a reduced sentence

Miller and Richardson will have to tell the Feds about all of their illegal activities at Arizona and X. Mack was Miler's right hand man!

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Bearcats#1 - 02-23-2018 11:50 PM

Gotta believe if UC and one or more UC players were on this list it would be ALL OVER the local media.

I see Sumner and XU on the list...lets see if the media picks it up.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - BearcatsUC - 02-24-2018 12:00 AM

(02-23-2018 10:28 PM)uchoops Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 10:24 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 10:17 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  Uh oh

Yikes.

Coached Xavier...interesting...cheat once....cheat twice

Yep. Miller didn’t turn corrupt only after leaving X.

Did anyone read PDocs take on this? He wrote about this in a way that said its unfortunate that an above board school like Xavier has to have its name smeared for things it could not control. He then mentioned names of people in trouble who had connections to X.

PDoc is a good, clever writer. Maybe I’m too much of a cynic, but I thought he did a great job of exposing X without actually accusing them of anything. Look at all this smoke! Too bad it happens to a good school like X!

I’ll repeat what I’ve said before: X for years has been out recruiting their place in the basketball world. And when Mack called out Pitino when this scandal first came out, my first thought was that those who are
Most quick to point out the flaws in others probably have some serious flaws themselves.

I have no proof, but I’m betting X continues to look bad in this.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - UCGrad1992 - 02-24-2018 12:02 AM

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Reporter] As the head coach at Xavier or during the time you were an assistant to Sean Miller are you aware of any agent offering money to a player or player's family as part of a recruitment scheme?

[Mack] I'm not going to get into this right now. I've already stated that I will fully cooperate with my university or with any investigation into these matters. I'm confident that no indiscretions, wrongdoing or violations of NCAA policies has occurred. I take this job seriously and I would never do anything to discredit my reputation or to jeopardize Xavier that has been so good to me and to my family. That's all I'm going to say on this matter. Next question."

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2018 12:34 AM

(02-24-2018 12:02 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Reporter] As the head coach at Xavier or during the time you were an assistant to Sean Miller are you aware of any agent offering money to a player or player's family as part of a recruitment scheme?

[Mack] I'm not going to get into this right now. I've already stated that I will fully cooperate with my university or with any investigation into these matters. I'm confident that no indiscretions, wrongdoing or violations of NCAA policies has occurred. I take this job seriously and I would never do anything to discredit my reputation or to jeopardize Xavier that has been so good to me and to my family. That's all I'm going to say on this matter. Next question."

Translation: Frack, I'm screwed...

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Bruce Monnin - 02-24-2018 12:49 AM

Nothing for Xavier to worry about. Jay Bilas will go on 20 more shows tomorrow to mention that nothing Xavier has done is as bad as things done in the past, so everyone should just move on (methinks Bilas is worried about the players mentioned who are connected to Duke).

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - jarr - 02-24-2018 01:54 AM

A lot of the fans at the schools involved are of the mindset of instead of any punishments, hopefully the ncaa will change the rules instead since everyone was doing it? Well, I would say not everyone was doing it and you deserve to get the hammer. Of course this would prop up programs like nor that doesn't cheat.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - apoe - 02-24-2018 07:13 AM

I remember Miller taking jabs at Mick when UCs program was in the tank. I’m going to get a little satisfaction watching that sanctimonious prick burn for this.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - @ES Trader - 02-24-2018 07:57 AM

I hope Richardson turns in miller and Mack for a reduced sentence. 60 years for this stuff is crazy.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - skyblade - 02-24-2018 08:29 AM

(02-24-2018 01:54 AM)jarr Wrote:  A lot of the fans at the schools involved are of the mindset of instead of any punishments, hopefully the ncaa will change the rules instead since everyone was doing it? Well, I would say not everyone was doing it and you deserve to get the hammer. Of course this would prop up programs like nor that doesn't cheat.

That's because a lot of the schools are cash cows for the NCAA and ESPN. Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas etc...

Richardson had 3,000 hours of wiretapped conversations. I'm guessing Miller is just the tip of the iceberg.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - bearcatfan - 02-24-2018 08:38 AM

They need to hit these schools where it hurts - $$$$$$. As in huge fines. Better yet - their tv money goes to a pool that will be distributed to schools that don't cheat (if there are any). And none of this 'vacate wins' crap. They also need a 2 or more year hiatus from post season play.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2018 08:54 AM

I think Miller also has a player that is now ruled ineligible due to taking PED. lol

crash...burn

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - RealDeal - 02-24-2018 09:04 AM

Just saw a tweet that Miller has a clause in his contract that even if he's fired for cause he's still going to get most of the money on his contract. Most get nothing if fired for cause.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - marcuscan - 02-24-2018 09:05 AM

Hypothetical: If this investigation revelation, among others, led to some immediate takedowns of coaches, and star players....which in turn meant potentially better teams are no longer an obstacle for us would any of us feel some type of way if we advanced, and won the title?

Personally, I know i wouldn't. I'd take it! Seems to me either this year, or the next (few maybe) a lot of top flight programs are going to be removed from the stage. Someone has got to win it all. Why not UC!

mc

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - skyblade - 02-24-2018 09:26 AM

(02-24-2018 09:05 AM)marcuscan Wrote:  Hypothetical: If this investigation revelation, among others, led to some immediate takedowns of coaches, and star players....which in turn meant potentially better teams are no longer an obstacle for us would any of us feel some type of way if we advanced, and won the title?

Personally, I know i wouldn't. I'd take it! Seems to me either this year, or the next (few maybe) a lot of top flight programs are going to be removed from the stage. Someone has got to win it all. Why not UC!

mc

They cheated. Does the fact that a bunch of cheaters got disqualfied make winning it all less valabule for the team that wins? No.

I'd be surprised if the top programs take a hit, the NCAA isn't interested in punishing them and never has been. Maybe vacate some wins, maybe take away a few scholerships, but do their best not to disqualify them from the NCAA tournament.

Any top team that does take a major hit (banned from post-season play for 2-3 years) is also going to lose its coach. It could take those teams 5+ years to recover. It's hard to recruit when you are banned from the post-season especially for a new coach.

RE: Appears some bball coaches are going to get arrested - doss2 - 02-24-2018 09:30 AM

(02-24-2018 12:02 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Translated "I take the fifth and need to drink a fifth"