CSNbbs
Puerto Rico - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Puerto Rico (/thread-828307.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Puerto Rico - Kaplony - 09-29-2017 03:08 PM

(09-29-2017 03:01 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 02:17 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 01:36 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  The island needs to be evacuated.

OK, I'll bite. How exactly do you propose evacuating the island?

The conventional methods. Ships and planes. Give people FEMA checks once they are in the lower 48. It will be easier/faster to rebuilt the island if you don't have roads and infrastructure that have to be operational while people are living there. It'll take a decade to rebuilt if you have to work around people.

Do you have any idea what it would take to evacuate 3.5 million people from that island? Ships and planes? ROFLMAO!!

Now lets suspend reality and say you were able to get them off the island. Where are you going to put an extra 3.5 million people?

Something tells me you really haven't thought this one out.

RE: Puerto Rico - swagsurfer11 - 09-29-2017 03:43 PM

(09-29-2017 03:08 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

The conventional methods. Ships and planes. Give people FEMA checks once they are in the lower 48. It will be easier/faster to rebuilt the island if you don't have roads and infrastructure that have to be operational while people are living there. It'll take a decade to rebuilt if you have to work around people.

Do you have any idea what it would take to evacuate 3.5 million people from that island? Ships and planes? ROFLMAO!!

Now lets suspend reality and say you were able to get them off the island. Where are you going to put an extra 3.5 million people?

Yes, I realize that it is a difficult task. They would go wherever they could in the lower 48. Family, friends, volunteers, and available housing. There are 2 options, 1.) evacuate them or 2.) try to bring supplies to them on the island while rebuilding the infrastructure and supply chain. Option 1 is much easier than option 2. Bottomline, they need ****. We can either bring the people to the **** or we can slowly bring the **** to the people while they suffer.

RE: Puerto Rico - Kaplony - 09-29-2017 04:27 PM

(09-29-2017 03:43 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  

Yes, I realize that it is a difficult task. They would go wherever they could in the lower 48. Family, friends, volunteers, and available housing. There are 2 options, 1.) evacuate them or 2.) try to bring supplies to them on the island while rebuilding the infrastructure and supply chain. Option 1 is much easier than option 2. Bottomline, they need ****. We can either bring the people to the **** or we can slowly bring the **** to the people while they suffer.

LOL Yeah, you haven't thought this out.

You don't evacuate without a plan for what to do with the evacuees. Family, friends, etc. isn't a plan. And exactly how many volunteers are you expecting to house total strangers for months?

You can't scatter them to the wind once you get them here because you have to be able to provide for their every need. They'll have no jobs thus will need assistance for food, shelter, clothes, medicines, etc. They'll require transportation because they'll have no vehicles.

It's far easier to move goods than people because for the most part you don't have to worry about life support for goods.

RE: Puerto Rico - swagsurfer11 - 09-29-2017 05:26 PM

(09-29-2017 04:27 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 02:17 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  OK, I'll bite. How exactly do you propose evacuating the island?

You don't evacuate without a plan for what to do with the evacuees. Family, friends, etc. isn't a plan. And exactly how many volunteers are you expecting to house total strangers for months?

You can't scatter them to the wind once you get them here because you have to be able to provide for their every need. They'll have no jobs thus will need assistance for food, shelter, clothes, medicines, etc. They'll require transportation because they'll have no vehicles.

It's far easier to move goods than people because for the most part you don't have to worry about life support for goods.

Dude, they are going to need all of this anyway. The problem is getting it to them. You can put people on life support on medical ships. The vehicles can't get to them. Nobody has thought this out yet because it is a developing problem. At least once they are on the ships and planes, they can be fed and will have A/C. Finding housing for them in the states will be easier than trying to house them in PR. Not to mention the pending health problem due to unsanitary conditions.

RE: Puerto Rico - swagsurfer11 - 09-29-2017 05:40 PM

(09-29-2017 02:17 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  OK, I'll bite. How exactly do you propose evacuating the island?

Dude, they are going to need all of this anyway. The problem is getting it to them. You can put people on life support on medical ships. The vehicles can't get to them. Nobody has thought this out yet because it is a developing problem. At least once they are on the ships and planes, they can be fed and will have A/C. Not mention the pending health problems due to unsanitary conditions.

RE: Puerto Rico - Kaplony - 09-29-2017 08:30 PM

(09-29-2017 05:26 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 03:01 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  The conventional methods. Ships and planes. Give people FEMA checks once they are in the lower 48. It will be easier/faster to rebuilt the island if you don't have roads and infrastructure that have to be operational while people are living there. It'll take a decade to rebuilt if you have to work around people.

Dude, they are going to need all of this anyway. The problem is getting it to them. You can put people on life support on medical ships. The vehicles can't get to them. Nobody has thought this out yet because it is a developing problem. At least once they are on the ships and planes, they can be fed and will have A/C. Finding housing for them in the states will be easier than trying to house them in PR. Not to mention the pending health problem due to unsanitary conditions.

As I stated above, it's far easier to move goods than people. The life support isn't a medical term....it's pressurized cabins in aircraft, air conditioning, food, water, sanitary facilities, etc. You can pack goods in land/sea containers and lash them to the deck of a freighter. People not so much.

Not to mention the fact that we don't have anywhere near the sea and airlift capability to evacuate 3.5 million residents 1000 miles to the closest harbor/airport.

RE: Puerto Rico - Ohio Poly - 09-29-2017 08:43 PM

(09-28-2017 08:40 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 08:37 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(09-27-2017 10:01 PM)bullet Wrote:  Well the ports are open, but things are pretty tough. Water getting tough to find. Roads are washed out.

From what I've read, yes, the ports are finally open; however, distribution from the ports to the people is still very very slow. Apparently this is due to the lack of truck drivers and, I'd imagine, destroyed infrastructure, etc.

Shouldn't we have our military (or national guard) down there with helicopters delivering supplies then?

You would think. I haven't seen one helicopter in the news coverage nor heard mention of same.

RE: Puerto Rico - Owl 69/70/75 - 09-29-2017 08:52 PM

(09-29-2017 08:43 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  
(09-27-2017 10:01 PM)bullet Wrote:  Well the ports are open, but things are pretty tough. Water getting tough to find. Roads are washed out.
From what I've read, yes, the ports are finally open; however, distribution from the ports to the people is still very very slow. Apparently this is due to the lack of truck drivers and, I'd imagine, destroyed infrastructure, etc.
Shouldn't we have our military (or national guard) down there with helicopters delivering supplies then?
You would think. I haven't seen one helicopter in the news coverage nor heard mention of same.

So, how do you get them down there? And how do you operate them once they are there? What facilities do you use to operate them?

I've seen them, by the way. They are very useful in that environment.

RE: Puerto Rico - stinkfist - 09-29-2017 08:58 PM

(09-29-2017 08:52 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

So, how do you get them down there? And how do you operate them once they are there? What facilities do you use to operate them?

I've seen them, by the way. They are very useful in that environment.

'click heels majik' is all they understand.....

at some point, one would expect 'they' would think before making the first keystroke.......those days are long lost in the abyss of dipshite......

RE: Puerto Rico - Kaplony - 09-29-2017 09:12 PM

Perhaps you should broaden your news consumption

From the FEMA Facebook page
[Image: AlU8QvM.jpg]

From the US Navy Facebook page
[Image: 0xHm6iI.jpg]

[Image: 1N3OFFt.jpg]

From the Puerto Rico National Guard page
[Image: EIqx2hK.jpg]

[Image: K0rprzi.jpg]

RE: Puerto Rico - swagsurfer11 - 09-30-2017 12:36 AM

(09-29-2017 08:30 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 03:08 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Do you have any idea what it would take to evacuate 3.5 million people from that island? Ships and planes? ROFLMAO!!

As I stated above, it's far easier to move goods than people. The life support isn't a medical term....it's pressurized cabins in aircraft, air conditioning, food, water, sanitary facilities, etc. You can pack goods in land/sea containers and lash them to the deck of a freighter. People not so much.

Not to mention the fact that we don't have anywhere near the sea and airlift capability to evacuate 3.5 million residents 1000 miles to the closest harbor/airport.

You can't move goods if you don't have roads, gas or power. Evacuation will take time but better than leaving them stranded.

RE: Puerto Rico - JMUDunk - 09-30-2017 01:25 AM

(09-29-2017 03:01 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  The conventional methods. Ships and planes. Give people FEMA checks once they are in the lower 48. It will be easier/faster to rebuilt the island if you don't have roads and infrastructure that have to be operational while people are living there. It'll take a decade to rebuilt if you have to work around people.

3 1/2 million people.

So, who do you, as savior, pick and choose to go first, second, 20th or last? Like playing God?

You're out of your mind. 3.5 million people?!? On ships the best of which can take 4 grand at a time? Do some math.

Good grief. Some ya'lls live in land of unicorns and butterflies and presumably anything less is someone else's fault.

All this love and buttercups, where was their local government days, weeks, months even years earlier and in preparation?

Your lack of planning is not my crisis. 07-coffee3 Tell my teens that regularly. Little tough love can go a long way, buttercups.

RE: Puerto Rico - JMUDunk - 09-30-2017 01:28 AM

lol.

What "news" coverage are you watching/listening to?

I'll take the answer off the air. Sure it'll be uproarious.

RE: Puerto Rico - JMUDunk - 09-30-2017 01:35 AM

(09-30-2017 12:36 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 03:43 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Yes, I realize that it is a difficult task. They would go wherever they could in the lower 48. Family, friends, volunteers, and available housing. There are 2 options, 1.) evacuate them or 2.) try to bring supplies to them on the island while rebuilding the infrastructure and supply chain. Option 1 is much easier than option 2. Bottomline, they need ****. We can either bring the people to the **** or we can slowly bring the **** to the people while they suffer.

You can't move goods if you don't have roads, gas or power. Evacuation will take time but better than leaving them stranded.

Dumb as a doorstop. Feels good, I get that, but mind-numbing.

You JUST said, no roads, no gas, no power. But evacuation is an option.

Shall they just shove each other off the shore and say Good luck! Swim for it, Brah?!?

Damn, man. Damn. You ever done anything even remotely related to this? Anything?

RE: Puerto Rico - swagsurfer11 - 09-30-2017 07:08 AM

(09-30-2017 01:35 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 12:36 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  
(09-29-2017 04:27 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  LOL Yeah, you haven't thought this out.

Dumb as a doorstop. Feels good, I get that, but mind-numbing.

You JUST said, no roads, no gas, no power. But evacuation is an option.

Shall they just shove each other off the shore and say Good luck! Swim for it, Brah?!?

Damn, man. Damn. You ever done anything even remotely related to this? Anything?

There are these things called helicopters that can get into the remote areas. They've been around for a while. This is a completely unique situation, no one has faced this before.

RE: Puerto Rico - BuffaloTN - 09-30-2017 07:13 AM

3,500,000 people.

RE: Puerto Rico - Fort Bend Owl - 09-30-2017 07:23 AM

You guys are wasting your time with your posts here. You are truly needed more in the effort to change the mainstream media's coverage of the disaster. Go for the source of the misinformation. You're just preaching to the choir here.

RE: Puerto Rico - swagsurfer11 - 09-30-2017 07:42 AM

(09-30-2017 07:13 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  3,500,000 people.

American people. 5000 troops sent. 50 helicopters sent. 9 days until hospital ships sent.

By comparison for Haiti's earthquake a few years ago. 22,000+ troops, 300+ helicopters, 4 days to send hospital ships. 0 tweets criticizing the local govt.

RE: Puerto Rico - SuperFlyBCat - 09-30-2017 08:03 AM

(09-30-2017 07:42 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  

American people. 5000 troops sent. 50 helicopters sent. 9 days until hospital ships sent.

By comparison for Haiti's earthquake a few years ago. 22,000+ troops, 300+ helicopters, 4 days to send hospital ships. 0 tweets criticizing the local govt.

By comparison, that Earthquake killed 150,000. PR actually has hospitals that can run on generators.

RE: Puerto Rico - BuffaloTN - 09-30-2017 08:22 AM

(09-30-2017 07:42 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  

We should put the Clinton Foundation in charge.