CSNbbs
3 Tweets I just read - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: 3 Tweets I just read (/thread-827931.html)

3 Tweets I just read - Duke Dawg - 09-22-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:JMU's offense leads the CAA in:
Scoring Offense
Total Offense
Rushing Offense
Passing Efficiency

Quote:JMU's defense leads the CAA in:
Scoring Defense
Total Defense
Pass Defense

Quote:JMU's special teams leads the CAA in:
Punt Return Avg.
Punting

so what you're saying is.....JMU is pretty good.

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - bcp_jmu - 09-22-2017 09:48 AM

we really are... but we also really have not played anyone good (despite FBS status)

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - Potomac - 09-22-2017 10:29 AM

(09-22-2017 09:48 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  we really are... but we also really have not played anyone good (despite FBS status)

Halfway through CAA play: "The CAA sucks".
Playoffs: "The only good teams don't meet until the Semis"
Win a Championship: "FCS sucks". "But we beat an FBS team". "Well they sucked. We need to play real FBS teams like Alabama".

Rinse and repeat every year.

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - 94computerguy - 09-22-2017 10:58 AM

(09-22-2017 10:29 AM)Potomac Wrote:  
(09-22-2017 09:48 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  we really are... but we also really have not played anyone good (despite FBS status)

Halfway through CAA play: "The CAA sucks".
Playoffs: "The only good teams don't meet until the Semis"
Win a Championship: "FCS sucks". "But we beat an FBS team". "Well they sucked. We need to play real FBS teams like Alabama".

Rinse and repeat every year.

THIS. I mean, it's a little weird that the real tests of this team would be after Thanksgiving (though we *do* have to win at least 7 more games to get there) but jeez, who wouldn't have taken this "problem" 2 years ago?

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - bcp_jmu - 09-22-2017 11:19 AM

not sure how there can be any debate that our competition has been weak so far - and we are excellent.

halfway through CAA play - we'll say "CAA is really good" ... and Elon and URI are improved. Not sure I echo your summary there

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - JMUNewbill - 09-22-2017 11:23 AM

Yea I agree, love these stats, but with the exception of URI, our last two games have likely been the weakest opponents we will face all year. You can argue where ECU lands relative to our remaining games, but I'd say we will play four teams (Nova, UNH, UR, Maine) that are equal to or better than ECU.

Either way, still awesome to see us at the top of most of the important team stats.

3 Tweets I just read - jmu-fan-1981 - 09-22-2017 12:43 PM

Our next real challenge will be NC State in 2018. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - JMUNation - 09-22-2017 01:25 PM

[quote='JMUNewbill' pid='14606899' dateline='1506097401']
Yea I agree, love these stats, but with the exception of URI, our last two games have likely been the weakest opponents we will face all year. You can argue where ECU lands relative to our remaining games, but I'd say we will play four teams (Nova, UNH, UR, Maine) that are equal to or better than ECU.

Either way, still awesome to see us at the top of most of the important team stats.
[/quote

ETSU lost to The Citidel by 6. The Citidel has won the last two So Con titles and advanced in the playoffs. ETSUs only blow out loss was to us so how are you concluding through three games that they suck?

Your other argument that FBS ECU would finish 6th in the CAA seems far fetched as well.

NSU is bad. The other two wins were solid wins.

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - jmufan2008 - 09-22-2017 02:02 PM

Yeah...ECU is a bad AAC team. They are not a mid-level CAA team. That's ridiculous. They've lost to us, VT, and WVU (the latter of which are/were both ranked). We'll know in a couple days if they're terrible or just bad. They put together a solid first half against VT (first quarter was great), who is ranked #13 right now. I know the ECU fans are in freefall mode right now, but most of the rest of their competition this year will certainly be easier than the last couple games.

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - Potomac - 09-22-2017 02:09 PM

(09-22-2017 02:02 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Yeah...ECU is a bad AAC team. They are not a mid-level CAA team. That's ridiculous. They've lost to us, VT, and WVU (the latter of which are/were both ranked). We'll know in a couple days if they're terrible or just bad. They put together a solid first half against VT (first quarter was great), who is ranked #13 right now. I know the ECU fans are in freefall mode right now, but most of the rest of their competition this year will certainly be easier than the last couple games.

Yep. You'll be hard pressed to find a harder first three games among FBS teams than ECU just had. People fail to acknowledge that.

If they lose to UConn... then it's official. They're bad.

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - jmufan2008 - 09-22-2017 02:16 PM

(09-22-2017 02:09 PM)Potomac Wrote:  
(09-22-2017 02:02 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Yeah...ECU is a bad AAC team. They are not a mid-level CAA team. That's ridiculous. They've lost to us, VT, and WVU (the latter of which are/were both ranked). We'll know in a couple days if they're terrible or just bad. They put together a solid first half against VT (first quarter was great), who is ranked #13 right now. I know the ECU fans are in freefall mode right now, but most of the rest of their competition this year will certainly be easier than the last couple games.

Yep. You'll be hard pressed to find a harder first three games among FBS teams than ECU just had. People fail to acknowledge that.

If they lose to UConn... then it's official. They're bad.

In fact, according to Massey:
#1 FSU (because they've played one game...against Alabama)
#2 Florida (Michigan #4 and Tenn)
#3 Louisville (Purdue, UNC, Clemson #2)
#4 Pitt (YSU, Penn St #6, OKSt #7)
#5 ECU

They've played the 5th hardest schedule to this point (4th if you don't count FSU's 1 game). Granted, they got stomped in all 3, but they still played #52, #36, and #13. They play #144 next with a 53% chance to win. Let's see what they do on Sunday.

3 Tweets I just read - JMUNewbill - 09-22-2017 04:00 PM

Ok let me rephrase then... I think the four games I listed will be as close or closer than the ECU game (20 points).

RE: 3 Tweets I just read - JMUNation - 09-23-2017 06:18 AM

And I will say what I have been saying for awhile. ETSU will be a top 3-4 So Con team by the end of the season. That makes them a legit FCS program and far from terrible.