CSNbbs
SEC Coaching Carousel - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC Conference Talk (/forum-246.html)
+---- Thread: SEC Coaching Carousel (/thread-827883.html)

SEC Coaching Carousel - AllTideUp - 09-21-2017 04:01 PM

Basically already fired: Kevin Sumlin

Living on borrowed time: Gus Malzahn, Bret Bielema, Butch Jones, Barry Odom

Safe but frequently criticized: Ed Orgeron, Jim McElwain

Safe but might leave for another job: Dan Mullen, Derek Mason, Mark Stoops

Not going anywhere: Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Will Muschamp

*Special category for Matt Luke who is likely to be replaced as Interim

At least this is the way I see it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were hiring for each of the following openings then these are the moves I would try to make:

Texas A&M - Chip Kelly...Kelly could have a field day with TX talent and money

Arkansas - Chad Morris...Arky has been at their best with dynamic offense and you need a guy who knows how to recruit TX

Auburn - Justin Fuente...sound offense and proven HC, something Auburn needs and he's probably affordable

Tennessee - Larry Fedora...solid HC at multiple stops, will help UT recruit the crucial state of NC

Missouri - Scott Frost...if Nebraska doesn't take him, good up and coming coach who knows the Midwest and could bring a new culture to Mizzou

Ole Miss - Bill Clark - current UAB coach...people talk about Les Miles, but OM is about to be hammered and I don't see Les being interested in this job for that reason. Clark is a very underrated guy who knows how to deal with tough circumstances and could recruit well in AL, an important state for OM. Give him some time and he could be a consistent winner.

This is all assuming that none of the other candidates change jobs which could throw a wrench in all of this.

RE: SEC Coaching Carousel - XLance - 09-21-2017 04:15 PM

(09-21-2017 04:01 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  Basically already fired: Kevin Sumlin

Living on borrowed time: Gus Malzahn, Bret Bielema, Butch Jones, Barry Odom

Safe but frequently criticized: Ed Orgeron, Jim McElwain

Safe but might leave for another job: Dan Mullen, Derek Mason, Mark Stoops

Not going anywhere: Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Will Muschamp

*Special category for Matt Luke who is likely to be replaced as Interim

At least this is the way I see it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were hiring for each of the following openings then these are the moves I would try to make:

Texas A&M - Chip Kelly...Kelly could have a field day with TX talent and money

Arkansas - Chad Morris...Arky has been at their best with dynamic offense and you need a guy who knows how to recruit TX

Auburn - Justin Fuente...sound offense and proven HC, something Auburn needs and he's probably affordable

Tennessee - Larry Fedora...solid HC at multiple stops, will help UT recruit the crucial state of NC

Missouri - Scott Frost...if Nebraska doesn't take him, good up and coming coach who knows the Midwest and could bring a new culture to Mizzou

Ole Miss - Bill Clark - current UAB coach...people talk about Les Miles, but OM is about to be hammered and I don't see Les being interested in this job for that reason. Clark is a very underrated guy who knows how to deal with tough circumstances and could recruit well in AL, an important state for OM. Give him some time and he could be a consistent winner.

This is all assuming that none of the other candidates change jobs which could throw a wrench in all of this.

Please let me know when Larry is leaving, I have already picked out his replacement.04-cheers

RE: SEC Coaching Carousel - murrdcu - 09-21-2017 05:52 PM

A few Nsmes mentioned by Arkansas peoples:

Brent Venables, Clemson DC

Mike Norvell, Memphis HC

Chip Kelly, former Oregon and NFL HC

Les Miles

As for LSU, they should go after Jimbo Fischer again.