CSNbbs
Brent Stockstill Injury - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Brent Stockstill Injury (/thread-827806.html)

Brent Stockstill Injury - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-20-2017 06:54 PM

We still don't know when or if Brent will return this year. Injuries are part of the game. You have to live with that and be ready to go with the next man up, but when it's freaking dirty play it's just not as easy to accept. There was no reason for this injury to ever have happened. McKinley Williams is the POS responsible. Apologies for the attachments. I don't have them online anywhere.

As you can see on the first pic, Brent is already down after being tackled and on his left side. In the next pick you see he has rolled to his back. In the final pick he has rolled all the way to the other side. During this you can see #98 gearing up to do a superman dive on top of Brent - which he clearly succeeds at driving his 292 lb frame into Brent's left shoulder.

If this were Jackson or Mayfield, ESPN would be having a fit about this egregious late hit, especially since it went unpenalized.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-20-2017 06:57 PM

I also blame Tony Franklin.

No reason Brent should be running QB draws after a torn labrum on one shoulder and broken clavicle on the other last year.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - busch - 09-20-2017 07:17 PM

(09-20-2017 06:54 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  We still don't know when or if Brent will return this year. Injuries are part of the game. You have to live with that and be ready to go with the next man up, but when it's freaking dirty play it's just not as easy to accept. There was no reason for this injury to ever have happened. McKinley Williams is the POS responsible. Apologies for the attachments. I don't have them online anywhere.

As you can see on the first pic, Brent is already down after being tackled and on his left side. In the next pick you see he has rolled to his back. In the final pick he has rolled all the way to the other side. During this you can see #98 gearing up to do a superman dive on top of Brent - which he clearly succeeds at driving his 292 lb frame into Brent's left shoulder.

If this were Jackson or Mayfield, ESPN would be having a fit about this egregious late hit, especially since it went unpenalized.

By the look of those pictures, that is terrible. Was there a penalty called on the play?

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - Blue Raider Dave - 09-20-2017 07:29 PM

(09-20-2017 07:17 PM)busch Wrote:  
(09-20-2017 06:54 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  We still don't know when or if Brent will return this year. Injuries are part of the game. You have to live with that and be ready to go with the next man up, but when it's freaking dirty play it's just not as easy to accept. There was no reason for this injury to ever have happened. McKinley Williams is the POS responsible. Apologies for the attachments. I don't have them online anywhere.

By the look of those pictures, that is terrible. Was there a penalty called on the play?

No penalty called. ACC refs.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-20-2017 07:34 PM

(09-20-2017 07:29 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  
(09-20-2017 07:17 PM)busch Wrote:  

No penalty called. ACC refs.

I think they might have been C-USA refs. They just missed it.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-20-2017 07:57 PM

CRS said he's not doing good physically or psychologically and said he is still in a lot of pain. Get the sense he might be done for the year.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - Fort Bend Owl - 09-20-2017 07:57 PM

Wow that's terrible. I get that no penalty was called on the play but why wasn't the player suspended afterwards? The ACC and/or Syracuse need to do the right thing. It's not like they have a chance in the world to beat LSU in Baton Rouge anyway, so why not suspend him for 1 week at least?

Someone needs to send video out to the networks and get them involved.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - dahbeed - 09-20-2017 07:59 PM

(09-20-2017 06:57 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  I also blame Tony Franklin.

No reason Brent should be running QB draws after a torn labrum on one shoulder and broken clavicle on the other last year.

Terrible freaking no call. I know refs are human but they can see 'targeting' when there's not but can't see some idiot flying in like superman when the guy is long down?

I said it last year. Why in the holy hell would you ever be running this young man in the set offense? I understand it might be a part of 'the Tony Franklin' system but by god if you have a guy that is this valuable to you as a passer then dammit adjust YOUR offense to him. Brandon Doughty would've been terrible if he had ever been in a designed run play. It's why you never saw it happen.

I know he's a tough kid and if the play is called he's gonna give it his all but he doesn't have the build to be taking multiple shots per game. That said, not many can take a free ride shot like these photos show no matter how big you are.

If you want a triple threat qb then go out and get one. If you have a passer adjust your damn system to him.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-20-2017 08:18 PM

Preach on Brother dahbeed.

I don't really think it's part of the Franklin system per se as much as it was done out of necessity. The OL has created this problem, because they haven't blocked all that well for the RB's. So zone reads where Brent has the option and also faking the sideline screens and getting Brent up the middle was about the only way we were moving the ball in the run game. If it weren't for the sacks Brent would still be the leading rusher on the team right now in spite of not playing last week.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - nastybunch - 09-20-2017 08:20 PM

I think the kid is a great QB... Hope he gets well soon.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - TTT - 09-20-2017 08:23 PM

Does anyone have video of this hit?

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - Blue Raider Dave - 09-20-2017 08:34 PM

I stand corrected. They were indeed C-USA officials. Either way, they missed that call.

RE: Brent Stockstill Injury - KAjunRaider - 09-21-2017 11:29 AM

They didn't have any trouble kicking our best defender out of the game after he was pushed (by a Syracuse player) into the 'Cuse QB

We also lost said defender for the first half of the Minny game.