CSNbbs
Porter removed from WBB team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Porter removed from WBB team (/thread-827610.html)

Porter removed from WBB team - Longhorn - 09-18-2017 05:31 PM

Porter reportedly kicked off the team for second violation of team rules. This hurts.

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - jmuroadwarrior - 09-18-2017 06:16 PM

It may be a case of addition by subtraction.

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - bjk3047 - 09-18-2017 07:57 PM

We are going to be YOUNG this year. Goodness gracious.

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - orange-to-purple - 09-19-2017 11:32 AM

She came off the bench and was streaky, but I liked her, HOWEVER, let's remember this....Cooper-Williams will be back, and hopefully recovered, we have Kelly Koshuta who's had a year to practice, AND in January we get Debra Ferguson in there, who will be an imposing presence under the basket and has previous experience with UVA. Fear not, ye faint of heart!

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - ParentofJMUMRDs - 09-19-2017 02:48 PM

After Kayla went down before the start last season (and man was that ugly to watch) Amber played increased minutes and contributed some key points and rebounds all season long. She helped out quite a bit in a number of games. As orange-to-purple noted the front court this season looks to be loaded and I believe that her minutes would have decreased this year so her absence while it will be felt it looks like it can be replaced without too much difficulty.

Hope whatever transgressions that caused her to be released from the team will be a good life learning lesson. Always hate to see things like this happen to young people.

Brian

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - orange-to-purple - 09-19-2017 03:30 PM

(09-19-2017 02:48 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  After Kayla went down before the start last season (and man was that ugly to watch) Amber played increased minutes and contributed some key points and rebounds all season long. She helped out quite a bit in a number of games. As orange-to-purple noted the front court this season looks to be loaded and I believe that her minutes would have decreased this year so her absence while it will be felt it looks like it can be replaced without too much difficulty.

Hope whatever transgressions that caused her to be released from the team will be a good life learning lesson. Always hate to see things like this happen to young people.

Brian

And I wonder if that may have caused her to sulk a bit and maybe not be as...attentive, perhaps, to business as she ought to have been? Attitude can get you in trouble sometimes....

I also failed to mention, as we all have, a significant senior, one Ms. Tasia Butler, who I think will be a steadying presence on and off the court. She has a good work ethic and is always in there plugging whether she's having a good night or not. Maybe that's why we forget to mention her sometimes.

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - ParentofJMUMRDs - 09-19-2017 05:16 PM

o-to-p

Second your shout out to Tasia!! Does a lot of the dirty work and flies under the radar a lot but is an integral part of the team.

Brian

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - jmuroadwarrior - 09-19-2017 06:42 PM

(09-19-2017 05:16 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  o-to-p

Second your shout out to Tasia!! Does a lot of the dirty work and flies under the radar a lot but is an integral part of the team.

Brian

Unlike some post players, Tasia plays hard, is committed to defend and can run the court for 25+ minutes a game. Plus she has a great attitude, the kind coaches like.

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - bjk3047 - 09-20-2017 09:13 AM

Really interested to see how they utilize Butler this year. She's been forced into the 4, and even 5 (depending on foul issues) a lot in the past. With what seems like half our roster 6'2" or taller, she could really create some mismatches at the 3 this year.

RE: Porter removed from WBB team - orange-to-purple - 09-20-2017 10:43 AM

I think Tasia's a definite 3, with Kayla a 4 and Kelly at the 5 to start the season.