CSNbbs
Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe (/thread-826777.html)

Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - TripleA - 09-10-2017 04:02 PM

The Weather Channel is reporting that the eye crossed Naples about an hour ago, and is headed due north. I figure Tampa is about 130 air miles from Naples, and if Irma continues at 12 mph, it means the eye arrives about 3:00 am ET, early Monday morning.

I wish the best for our USF friends and anyone else in Florida, especially on the west coast now.

Stay safe...

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - PuddlePirate - 09-10-2017 07:30 PM

Received notification Naval Air Station Key West is completely demolished. My unit will be bringing engineering support as soon as the storm is passed and it's safe to travel.

Prayers for our UCF and USF friends.

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - HuskyU - 09-10-2017 07:36 PM

(09-10-2017 07:30 PM)PuddlePirate Wrote:  Received notification Naval Air Station Key West is completely demolished. My unit will be bringing engineering support as soon as the storm is passed and it's safe to travel.

Thank you for your service. Stay safe and all the best.

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - Huskypride - 09-10-2017 07:41 PM

(09-10-2017 07:30 PM)PuddlePirate Wrote:  Received notification Naval Air Station Key West is completely demolished. My unit will be bringing engineering support as soon as the storm is passed and it's safe to travel.

Stay safe and thank you for your service!

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - C2__ - 09-10-2017 07:44 PM

This storm pales into comparison to what it could have been had Cuba not weakened it. If it didn't ride along the Cuban coast, it would have been a cat.5 before final landfall, devastating Key West, Miami and Naples.

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - PuddlePirate - 09-10-2017 08:07 PM

(09-10-2017 07:44 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  This storm pales into comparison to what it could have been had Cuba not weakened it. If it didn't ride along the Cuban coast, it would have been a cat.5 before final landfall, devastating Key West, Miami and Naples.

I'm told by folks on scene that Key West took an incredible beating. Storm surge and cat 4 winds ripped the place apart.

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - PuddlePirate - 09-10-2017 08:27 PM

The thanks are appreciated but honestly unnecessary. I'm privileged to have a fine crew that's chomping at the bit to get down there. I'm very thankful for them.

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - TripleA - 09-10-2017 08:33 PM

Irma took another jog slightly east and mostly north, and the eye is headed more toward Orlando now, but almost the whole state is getting hammered. At least that path will weaken the storm as it moves on.

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - BigHouston - 09-10-2017 08:41 PM

Having experience a historical storm here in Houston I can imagine what they're going through right about now.

Prayers to all USF, UCF fans and their families here in this board.

Houston Strong

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - coogrfan - 09-10-2017 08:43 PM

(09-10-2017 08:41 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Prayers to all USF, UCF fans and their families here in this board.

+1. Stay safe.

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - BullsFanInTX - 09-10-2017 09:43 PM

Heading toward the Lakeland area with the Orlando side probably getting the brunt of storm

RE: Looks like Tampa may now get the worst of this; Stay safe - BigHouston - 09-10-2017 10:21 PM

(09-10-2017 09:43 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Heading toward the Lakeland area with the Orlando side probably getting the brunt of storm

Be safe, brother