CSNbbs
5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? (/thread-826529.html)

Pages: 1 2

5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - Chappy - 09-08-2017 08:22 AM

Could have impact on bowls and championship race...

ideas?

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - Indiana Bones - 09-08-2017 08:32 AM

A way to reschedule USF vs. UConn:

USF and UConn don’t share a bye week, so we have to get more teams involved to put this game back on....USF doesn’t share a bye week with anyone in their division, even though they have two byes to everyone else’s one. They do share a bye week with Houston, the week after the two teams play. Also, ECU and UConn share a bye week. And ECU plays Houston.

Move the USF-Houston game back from Week 10 to Week 11. Then we’ll move the ECU-UConn game up from Week 10 to Week 4. What this does is give all four teams Week 10 off. Now we can schedule USF-UConn and ECU-Houston for that day and everything is made up. ECU and Houston now have byes in Week 9, and USF and UConn take byes this week.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2017/9/7/16271780/usf-football-uconn-hurricane-irma-reschedule-houston-east-carolina

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - BearcatMan - 09-08-2017 08:37 AM

Part of me doesn't think UConn would even sniff around that plan...no one wants 10 straight weeks of games, especially when they're probably not in play for a bowl anyways. Looks good for the other three though.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - Chappy - 09-08-2017 08:41 AM

(09-08-2017 08:32 AM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  A way to reschedule USF vs. UConn:

USF and UConn don’t share a bye week, so we have to get more teams involved to put this game back on....USF doesn’t share a bye week with anyone in their division, even though they have two byes to everyone else’s one. They do share a bye week with Houston, the week after the two teams play. Also, ECU and UConn share a bye week. And ECU plays Houston.

Move the USF-Houston game back from Week 10 to Week 11. Then we’ll move the ECU-UConn game up from Week 10 to Week 4. What this does is give all four teams Week 10 off. Now we can schedule USF-UConn and ECU-Houston for that day and everything is made up. ECU and Houston now have byes in Week 9, and USF and UConn take byes this week.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2017/9/7/16271780/usf-football-uconn-hurricane-irma-reschedule-houston-east-carolina

Interesting.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - HuskyU - 09-08-2017 08:44 AM

(09-08-2017 08:37 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Part of me doesn't think UConn would even sniff around that plan...no one wants 10 straight weeks of games, especially when they're probably not in play for a bowl anyways. Looks good for the other three though.

Based on the history of USF vs UCONN in cold weather games, UCONN would love to play USF Week 10. 07-coffee3

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - chiefsfan - 09-08-2017 10:19 AM

Psst Memphis...

We share an open date...

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - HuskyU - 09-08-2017 10:23 AM

(09-08-2017 10:19 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Psst Memphis...

We share an open date...

Had all the Florida schools been on the same page and cancelled their games early in the week, you could have had Memphis at Arkansas State and UL-M at UCONN.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - Inigo - 09-08-2017 11:24 AM

Copied from my post in the UCF-Memphis cancellation thread:

Since we don't share a bye week, the only possible date to make it up would be September 30. UCF hosts Maine on that date, while Memphis travels to Georgia State. We would have to get Georgia State to agree to host Maine instead of Memphis, and have Maine agree to travel to Atlanta instead of Orlando.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - KNIGHTTIME - 09-08-2017 11:28 AM

(09-08-2017 11:24 AM)Inigo Wrote:  Copied from my post in the UCF-Memphis cancellation thread:

Since we don't share a bye week, the only possible date to make it up would be September 30. UCF hosts Maine on that date, while Memphis travels to Georgia State. We would have to get Georgia State to agree to host Maine instead of Memphis, and have Maine agree to travel to Atlanta instead of Orlando.

I'm down

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - SublimeKnight - 09-08-2017 11:54 AM

(09-08-2017 11:24 AM)Inigo Wrote:  Copied from my post in the UCF-Memphis cancellation thread:

Georgia State is an away game for Memphis, which would mean they'd have to buy it out, which could mean a lot of money.

If I'm commish for the season, I leave it alone for now. If Navy gets mathematically eliminated from the AAC championship game, I move the AAC championship to the week of Army/Navy and play all these make up games the week the AAC championship was supposed to be played.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - TripleA - 09-08-2017 11:57 AM

I think the game stays canceled until we get to the end of the season, and any of us still has a shot at a division title, and that game would make the difference.

In that case, it's possible the AAC could push back the CCG game a week and let Mem-UCF and/or USF/UConn be played that weekend. Of course, that would make the AAC CCG the same week as Army-Navy, so that's a complication if Navy is still in the running.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - TripleA - 09-08-2017 11:58 AM

(09-08-2017 11:54 AM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  

Georgia State is an away game for Memphis, which would mean they'd have to buy it out, which could mean a lot of money.

If I'm commish for the season, I leave it alone for now. If Navy gets mathematically eliminated from the AAC championship game, I move the AAC championship to the week of Army/Navy and play all these make up games the week the AAC championship was supposed to be played.

Great minds. We were typing at the same time. 04-cheers

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - SublimeKnight - 09-08-2017 11:59 AM

(09-08-2017 11:57 AM)TripleA Wrote:  I think the game stays canceled until we get to the end of the season, and any of us still has a shot at a division title, and that game would make the difference.

In that case, it's possible the AAC could push back the CCG game a week and let Mem-UCF and/or USF/UConn be played that weekend. Of course, that would make the AAC CCG the same week as Army-Navy, so that's a complication if Navy is still in the running.
EDIT better image
[Image: 636116717200898047-1891274113_tumblr_inl...g2_500.gif]

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - slhNavy91 - 09-08-2017 12:44 PM

(09-08-2017 11:58 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

Great minds. We were typing at the same time. 04-cheers

You can't delay the CCG without throwing bowl selection into chaos. Starting with the NY6 bowl for highest ranked conference champion without existing NY6 bowl contract.
You saw the fits that were pitched about possibly waiting to after Army-Navy and that could have been done affecting only two schools and their bowls. This would ripple through multiple bowls, including some within a week of the Army-Navy (/proposed AAC ccg) game date.

And OF COURSE Navy will be in the running for West Division...

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - Chappy - 09-08-2017 12:47 PM

I doubt Georgia State and Maine would want to replaced P6 opponents with FCS or G4 opponents. 05-stirthepot

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - fishpro1098 - 09-08-2017 02:56 PM

Play the make-up games Friday night before Army-Navy, then the AAC championship a week later. Extend the season, get more eyeballs.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - willhclark - 09-08-2017 03:13 PM

this will have domino effect throughout college football. The playoff committee needs to account for it when seeing Houston #4 vs #1 Alabama for the semi-final.

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - invisiblehand - 09-08-2017 03:57 PM

(09-08-2017 03:13 PM)willhclark Wrote:  this will have domino effect throughout college football. The playoff committee needs to account for it when seeing Houston #4 vs #1 Alabama for the semi-final.
There is a playoff committee for Women's Darts?

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - M1T4 - 09-08-2017 06:07 PM

(09-08-2017 10:19 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Psst Memphis...

We share an open date...

We don't care

RE: 5 AAC teams with 11 game schedules now... anything that can be done? - DrBox - 09-08-2017 10:09 PM

I saw this suggestion on twitter:
UCF/Memphis play in Week 9 via the following: move Tulane/ECU from W11 to W9, move Tulane/Memphis + ECU/Houston from 9 to 11.

From Tulane's standpoint, the switch shouldn't make any difference because we're on the road for each game. Not sure about ECU and Houston