CSNbbs
ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? (/thread-826244.html)

ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - MonarchsWon - 09-05-2017 12:24 PM

Sorry if this is old news but is odusports.com not compatible with Mac/iPhones? I'm a new Mac user. It seems none of the video content works on a Mac and you can't stream through an iPhone. This can't be the case - can it? Hoping I'm doing something wrong and it's not an ODU Website issue.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - Monarchblue - 09-05-2017 12:32 PM

They use Flash for video. It's not just iPhone and Mac. It is pretty much everything. It is down right stupid that they are using a deprecated application to deliver content that they spend time and money to make. *Rant over*

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - Blue_Trombone - 09-05-2017 12:39 PM

(09-05-2017 12:32 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  They use Flash for video. It's not just iPhone and Mac. It is pretty much everything. It is down right stupid that they are using a deprecated application to deliver content that they spend time and money to make. *Rant over*

I've always disliked our apparent fascination with NeoLion, but I thought I've watched video from mobile before (though I have flash installed). I have no idea why we downgraded our website with the new redesign.

But yeah, if you're not seeing it on both Mac and iPhone, it's probably a Flash issue. I know you can install Flash on only your browser if you use Chrome. Don't know about the other browsers.

Another potential reason is if you have adBlock on. I've noticed having adblock will sometimes prevent video content from loading. Disable that and try again and it might work.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - ODU_NYG - 09-05-2017 12:46 PM

I have a Macbook (for years now) and I can stream the content. Normally I use firefox. The steaming software they use sucks though. Good call on the flash player/ad blocker things though.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - Monarchblue - 09-05-2017 12:55 PM

(09-05-2017 12:46 PM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  I have a Macbook (for years now) and I can stream the content. Normally I use firefox. The steaming software they use sucks though. Good call on the flash player/ad blocker things though.

Yeah, Chrome is likely the issue on the Macbook. Chrome blocks Flash by default. You have to dig into the settings in Chrome to enable it.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - MonarchsWon - 09-05-2017 01:03 PM

Unbelievable that they make it so hard to view.
It's just baffling.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - bit_9 - 09-05-2017 01:13 PM

If we could/would just put the actual IT and CS depts in charge of these things they would work.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - bigblueodu - 09-05-2017 01:44 PM

no luck on Android either.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - Gilesfan - 09-05-2017 01:47 PM

I always forget and keep trying over and over to play the video.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - monarx - 09-05-2017 02:02 PM

I gave up my Monarch Media subscription when they stopped showing football games, but I have watched plenty in the past on my Macbook pro. I think I used firefox as the browser. Make sure everything is up to date.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - MonarchsWon - 09-05-2017 02:49 PM

I'm trying to watch Coach's post-game presser and Wake Up With Bobby and you can't watch it.
Stunning.

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - bigblueodu - 09-05-2017 03:07 PM

Youtube

Sent from my SM-G900T using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - Monarchist13 - 09-05-2017 03:13 PM

(09-05-2017 02:49 PM)MonarchsWon Wrote:  I'm trying to watch Coach's post-game presser and Wake Up With Bobby and you can't watch it.
Stunning.

Just subscribe here. You'll get notifications when new vids are up. It's better, IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHFfFq4KaoW-1cLdjspjDJA

RE: ODUSports.com Not Compatible with Mac/iPhone? - KevinMac - 09-06-2017 07:17 PM

(09-05-2017 02:49 PM)MonarchsWon Wrote:  I'm trying to watch Coach's post-game presser and Wake Up With Bobby and you can't watch it.
Stunning.

I would second the Youtube suggestion, but if you want to watch it on the website in Safari, go to Safari preferences, hit the Security button, then click on Plug-in Settings and enable Flash (have ODUsports.com open in a tab so you can easily turn it on for that website only). Of course you need to make sure Flash is installed first.