CSNbbs
High School Football Participation Declining? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: High School Football Participation Declining? (/thread-826100.html)

High School Football Participation Declining? - sfink16 - 09-03-2017 09:38 PM

The obvious reason many may provided for HS football decline is the fear of concussions, see link below. Oddly, Girls’ soccer, basketball players have higher concussion rates than male counterparts. Changing demographics may be another factor, as more immigrants come from countries where football is not their sport of recreation and soccer is.

Michigan has lost 57 football programs in the last 5 years. Has your state seen a rise or fall in HS football programs in the last 5 years?

HS Football on the Decline?

High School Football Participation Declining? - Westhoff123 - 09-03-2017 10:58 PM

(09-03-2017 09:38 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  The obvious reason many may provided for HS football decline is the fear of concussions, see link below. Oddly, Girls’ soccer, basketball players have higher concussion rates than male counterparts. Changing demographics may be another factor, as more immigrants come from countries where football is not their sport of recreation and soccer is.

Michigan has lost 57 football programs in the last 5 years. Has your state seen a rise or fall in HS football programs in the last 5 years?

HS Football on the Decline?

Its because football is too violent and too American. Since America is evil having a sport we created thats violent is also evil which is why alot of people want it gone. Its also a reason kaperdick is such a hero in many people's eyes because of his anti-American beliefs

(Disclaimer: These aren't my views but the views of certain millennials that i have talked to)

RE: High School Football Participation Declining? - HoustonRocks - 09-04-2017 02:55 PM

High school attendance may be falling in some places, but I don't think that includes Texas. There is a stadium competition occurring in the state.

The Tea Party vs. the $70 million high school football stadium

I doubt it is occurring any where in the South. It's the place to be on Friday evening.