CSNbbs
Ball St MBB Player found dead - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Ball St MBB Player found dead (/thread-824908.html)

Ball St MBB Player found dead - Monty Python - 08-23-2017 12:05 AM

http://www.thestarpress.com/story/sports/college/ball-state/2017/08/22/ball-state-mens-basketball-player-dies/592006001/

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - NJTB - 08-23-2017 09:14 AM

Zach went to my old high school and was friends with my stepsister's kid.

He lost his mother to a long illness not too long ago. The last tweets he put out were chilling:

"Just so everyone knows I did not cheat. If you want the truth ask tony or the police because they'll have my phone"

"Be careful what you say to everyone because you don't know what kind of battles they are going through"

So true.

I'm very sorry to everybody at Ball State, but please say a prayer for his father. His grief must be unbearable right now.

He was only 19. He had a full ride, lot of talent, and people who loved him. Im a lot older and never had the talent and the support he had. Yes, he had to bury his mother at a fairly young age. But at least he had a life ahead of him to grieve.

I've been mentally ill most of my life. I've been depressed and despondent. But never like this. It's heartbreaking.

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - Teamduh - 08-23-2017 09:32 AM

Mental illness is real. My prayers to his family.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - NIU1981 - 08-23-2017 09:50 AM

NJTB, all Huskies are with you too.

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - huskie1stdown - 08-23-2017 11:03 AM

"I did not cheat" - what does that mean? Girlfriend? Studies? Enrollment?
Not important now but I hope his Dad gets through this.

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - MaddDawgz02 - 08-23-2017 11:07 AM

Really devastating to hear about this, thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the Ball State community. Sorry to hear about your situation too NJTB. I just really become overwhelmed to think someone can be in a bad enough situation that taking your own life is seen as the only hope. That kind of despair is very hard to imagine.

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - NJTB - 11-26-2017 12:00 PM

(08-23-2017 11:07 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Really devastating to hear about this, thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the Ball State community. Sorry to hear about your situation too NJTB. I just really become overwhelmed to think someone can be in a bad enough situation that taking your own life is seen as the only hope. That kind of despair is very hard to imagine.

It's not that hard to imagine, in my opinion. When your brain is of a certain mindset, and the bad news just piles up in your head, the thought of dying to being experiences the bad seems like a better option.

Thank you all for your kinds words. It means more to me than you can possibly know.

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - sterling1man - 11-26-2017 01:54 PM

(08-23-2017 09:32 AM)Teamduh Wrote:  Mental illness is real. My prayers to his family.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+1

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - sterling1man - 11-26-2017 02:06 PM

(08-23-2017 09:14 AM)NJTB Wrote:  Zach went to my old high school and was friends with my stepsister's kid.

He lost his mother to a long illness not too long ago. The last tweets he put out were chilling:

"Just so everyone knows I did not cheat. If you want the truth ask tony or the police because they'll have my phone"

"Be careful what you say to everyone because you don't know what kind of battles they are going through"

So true.

I'm very sorry to everybody at Ball State, but please say a prayer for his father. His grief must be unbearable right now.

He was only 19. He had a full ride, lot of talent, and people who loved him. Im a lot older and never had the talent and the support he had. Yes, he had to bury his mother at a fairly young age. But at least he had a life ahead of him to grieve.

I've been mentally ill most of my life. I've been depressed and despondent. But never like this. It's heartbreaking.

Thank-you for shareing your struggle NTJB.
You are one of the very brave ones.
Very glad that you are on this board.

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - IWokeUpLikeThis - 11-26-2017 02:45 PM

(11-26-2017 02:06 PM)sterling1man Wrote:  
(08-23-2017 09:14 AM)NJTB Wrote:  Zach went to my old high school and was friends with my stepsister's kid.

So true.

+1

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - StevenNIU - 11-26-2017 02:58 PM

(11-26-2017 02:45 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 02:06 PM)sterling1man Wrote:  

So true.

+1

+2

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - baltimorehuskie - 11-27-2017 02:14 AM

We Huskies stand with you....

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - MileHighHuskie - 11-27-2017 05:44 PM

+3

RE: Ball St MBB Player found dead - NJTB - 09-05-2021 09:57 AM

Again, my thanks to you all. Sorry for the late response. I had no desire to talk about football here, especially after the pandemic and the 2020 season. Yeesh.