CSNbbs
New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB (/thread-824895.html)

Pages: 1 2

New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - JohnSnell87 - 08-22-2017 09:44 PM

Hey! So it was mentioned and brought up to me that many of us are looking for in-depth coverage of ODU sports from an outsider! Would love to hear your thoughts? Any ideas for videos/segments you'd like to see? Questions you'd like answered? I am planning on making it some type of blog/vlog hybrid that'll document weekly matchups and game day videos!

Satchel

P.S. don't be timid in asking questions about my time at ODU or BC or JUCO! I'll try and answer them the best I can!

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - odu09 - 08-22-2017 10:28 PM

I think you've just gotta write. There's a lot of us thirsty for more info, and once you write a couple things I'm sure we will have more questions and requests based on them. Good luck!

New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Big Bluezilla - 08-22-2017 10:28 PM

Look forward to this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Old Dominion - 08-23-2017 05:57 AM

Do you have access to the current players? If so, inside info on how things are going from players perspective would be interesting. Just be careful about posting things said off the record.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - 757ODU - 08-23-2017 06:54 AM

(08-22-2017 09:44 PM)JohnSnell87 Wrote:  Hey! So it was mentioned and brought up to me that many of us are looking for in-depth coverage of ODU sports from an outsider! Would love to hear your thoughts? Any ideas for videos/segments you'd like to see? Questions you'd like answered? I am planning on making it some type of blog/vlog hybrid that'll document weekly matchups and game day videos!

Satchel

P.S. don't be timid in asking questions about my time at ODU or BC or JUCO! I'll try and answer them the best I can!

Where did you live at BC?

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Monarchist13 - 08-23-2017 06:56 AM

We have the awesome Monarch Asylum for interviews. And the Pilot does a good podcast on game previews and recaps. But what we dont have is someone who breaks down play execution. Thinking key plays that decided the game, why they did or didn't work. It would be cool to see that as an addition.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - odufansam - 08-23-2017 07:15 AM

Just a few ideas that popped into my head:

1. Breaking down upcoming opponents.
2. Depth chart updates
3. Interviews with players and coaches. I feel like there are some interesting stories on the team that aren't being shared.
4. We rarely get updates on guys coming and going from the team. There were a few more names that popped up on the roster two weeks ago that I had never heard of.

I don't think you can go wrong with more information. The Daily Press has started picking up coverage as the Pilot has slowed down.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - bigblueodu - 08-23-2017 07:36 AM

Maddest you have ever seen the coach
Locker room speeches by players/coaches
Most emotional moment as player
Most quiet locker room
What does Senior day look/feel like as a freshman
What does it feel like as an upperclassman
Tell us about workout/lifting schedule
how many hours do you have to spend in the library
other rules of conduct we may not know.
feeling running through the tunnel on gameday
you most disappointed performance/ most exhilarating performance
What you miss most

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - JohnSnell87 - 08-23-2017 09:36 AM

(08-23-2017 06:54 AM)757ODU Wrote:  
(08-22-2017 09:44 PM)JohnSnell87 Wrote:  Hey! So it was mentioned and brought up to me that many of us are looking for in-depth coverage of ODU sports from an outsider! Would love to hear your thoughts? Any ideas for videos/segments you'd like to see? Questions you'd like answered? I am planning on making it some type of blog/vlog hybrid that'll document weekly matchups and game day videos!

Satchel

I'll just answer this here. The school provided two houses for all fifth year seniors. There was 9 of us in total. I lived in a historic building called the Daly house right on Beacon St. right off the lake at Chestnut Hill Park.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - LeftUprightAndIn - 08-23-2017 09:43 AM

I'm also addressing that I have changed my username to LeftUprightAndIn... I hope you get the joke...

Satchel

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Blue_Trombone - 08-23-2017 10:17 AM

(08-23-2017 09:43 AM)LeftUprightAndIn Wrote:  I'm also addressing that I have changed my username to LeftUprightAndIn... I hope you get the joke...

Satchel

That was probably the funniest reaction I've heard from Ted Alexander for a kick ever.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Chillie Willie - 08-23-2017 11:43 AM

(08-23-2017 06:56 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  We have the awesome Monarch Asylum for interviews. And the Pilot does a good podcast on game previews and recaps. But what we dont have is someone who breaks down play execution. Thinking key plays that decided the game, why they did or didn't work. It would be cool to see that as an addition.

I second this. Would love more discussion about key plays.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - MonarchCAM - 08-23-2017 12:11 PM

Good idea, but that requires access to decent quality game film, ...and video editing.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Monarchist13 - 08-23-2017 12:16 PM

(08-23-2017 12:11 PM)MonarchCAM Wrote:  Good idea, but that requires access to decent quality game film, ...and video editing.

Just need a desktop with a tuner card and a removable hard drive connected. Plenty of cheap/free video editing options out there.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - 757ODU - 08-23-2017 12:23 PM

(08-23-2017 09:36 AM)JohnSnell87 Wrote:  
(08-23-2017 06:54 AM)757ODU Wrote:  

Satchel

I'll just answer this here. The school provided two houses for all fifth year seniors. There was 9 of us in total. I lived in a historic building called the Daly house right on Beacon St. right off the lake at Chestnut Hill Park.

Nice. I lived on Foster St my senior year.

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - MonarchCAM - 08-23-2017 01:50 PM

(08-23-2017 12:16 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(08-23-2017 12:11 PM)MonarchCAM Wrote:  Good idea, but that requires access to decent quality game film, ...and video editing.

Just need a desktop with a tuner card and a removable hard drive connected. Plenty of cheap/free video editing options out there.
Yeah, but broadcast video is not the same as game film. You only see a really small portion of what's going on, just around the ball. You could kinda do it I mean it's better than nothing...but to really break it down you need the all 22.
(Also, all that excludes the broadcast rights and licensing potential issues)

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - 12thmonarch - 08-23-2017 01:55 PM

(08-23-2017 11:43 AM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  
(08-23-2017 06:56 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  We have the awesome Monarch Asylum for interviews. And the Pilot does a good podcast on game previews and recaps. But what we dont have is someone who breaks down play execution. Thinking key plays that decided the game, why they did or didn't work. It would be cool to see that as an addition.

I second this. Would love more discussion about key plays.

+1

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - Monarchist13 - 08-23-2017 02:08 PM

(08-23-2017 01:50 PM)MonarchCAM Wrote:  
(08-23-2017 12:16 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  

Yeah, but broadcast video is not the same as game film. You only see a really small portion of what's going on, just around the ball. You could kinda do it I mean it's better than nothing...but to really break it down you need the all 22.
(Also, all that excludes the broadcast rights and licensing potential issues)

The blog I follow for my NFL team (Silver&Black Pride -Go Raiders) manages to do a realy good job without the All-22.

And they have yet to receive a cease and desist from the NFL. They focus mainly on the line play and receivers/secondary. Why would they? It's free advertising for your league of a single play.

The biggest difference would be the quality of the camera work from the original production. Obviously, we aren't being videoed by CBS, Fox and NBC. But its not like were getting public access quality either.

Basically, quality work in this regard is being done elsewhere by other football blogs with the same restrictions. Why not us?

RE: New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - MonarchCAM - 08-23-2017 02:57 PM

I never said it couldn't be done. Just that I don't think it's that easy.

New Blog/website dedicated to ODU FB and BB - cmett003 - 08-23-2017 03:23 PM

We really need an ODU writer for Underdog dynasty. I reached out to them once about why the lack of ODU content and they said they would to have someone write for them solely about ODU football. I believe mid major madness does basketball.