CSNbbs
17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! (/thread-824283.html)

17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Wear Purple - 08-16-2017 06:44 AM

[Image: schor_bryan_17C.jpg?width=300]

I could go on and on about this young man. He is equally impressive off the field and in the classroom as he is on the field. He should be in a NFL training camp this time next year. A Marketing major, Bryan started out at Lackawanna College, a 2-year school about an hour west in Scranton from his home in Milford, PA. His bio speaks loud and clear. Good luck to Bryan in his final campaign in purple & gold.

Bryan Schor bio: http://www.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=13429

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Wear Purple - 08-16-2017 06:46 AM

Also another shared jersey number with a shout out to...

[Image: grynick_mason_17.jpg?width=300]

...Mason Gryniuk, who is a walk-on WR from Purcellville via Woodgrove HS. Mason intends to major in Communications Studies per his bio. Good luck to Mason and welcome to the JMU Family!!

Mason Gryniuk bio: http://www.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=13594

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Wear Purple - 08-16-2017 06:54 AM

Getting way ahead of myself, though optimistic about it...

...just a thought on this mid-August morning...

...if the Dukes win another national title this year, and Bryan Schor leads us to that title all the way...

...I think his jersey will be retired within the next decade.

Just a thought. Carry on!

[Image: 586a9f3b045c4.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C787]

^^^This dude is good^^^

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Wear Purple - 08-16-2017 06:57 AM

NFLDraftScout.com rates Schor as the #22 QB heading into this season in their draft ratings... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1020009&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Yesolitis - 08-16-2017 07:57 AM

A bunch of good QBs this year coming out of college. Rough draw from that perspective for a future in the NFL, but who knows...

https://sports.yahoo.com/best-college-qb-class-history-065830268.html

...then again, Briscoe is rated #9 and we all know Schor > Briscoe!!!

17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Potomac - 08-16-2017 08:13 AM

Who's this guy? Never heard of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Big Duke - 08-16-2017 08:47 AM

(08-16-2017 07:57 AM)Yesolitis Wrote:  A bunch of good QBs this year coming out of college. Rough draw from that perspective for a future in the NFL, but who knows...

https://sports.yahoo.com/best-college-qb-class-history-065830268.html

...then again, Briscoe is rated #9 and we all know Schor > Briscoe!!!
Didn't he change his name to sound like Frisco?

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - bcp_jmu - 08-16-2017 08:51 AM

and doesn't he sport a 4.0 GPA?

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Jay M. Youix - 08-16-2017 05:25 PM

bump. #becauseSchor

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - olddawg - 08-16-2017 07:50 PM

(08-16-2017 06:57 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  NFLDraftScout.com rates Schor as the #22 QB heading into this season in their draft ratings... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1020009&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB

Hmmm, not sure of that site's accuracy. They have Connor Mitch listed as the #32 QB in the 2018 draft.
P.S., the ECU transfer from Duke transfer-(Sisk) is outside the Top 40.

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Hart Foundation - 08-16-2017 08:42 PM

I would be very surprised if Schor gets on an NFL roster. He is a FCS Joe Montana, but I don't think he translates to the big boy pro game at all.
There are many stories of awesome statistical college QB's who can't make it in the NFL.
But let's enjoy another season before he is gone.
Can he match last year's tremendous 73% completion rate? Odds are against it. He could actually get worse and still be the most accurate in the nation.

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - Longhorn - 08-17-2017 06:51 AM

(08-16-2017 08:42 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  I would be very surprised if Schor gets on an NFL roster. He is a FCS Joe Montana, but I don't think he translates to the big boy pro game at all.
There are many stories of awesome statistical college QB's who can't make it in the NFL.
Can he match last year's tremendous 73% completion rate? Odds are against it. He could actually get worse and still be the most accurate in the nation.

True, there are many stories of "awesome statistical college QBs who can't make it in the NFL"....but Schor's potential isn't just about stats.

It's about Schor's head and legs, and the way he manages the game. He has the size to play in the NFL. He has the 'escapability" to play in the NFL. He's accurate. He has enough foot speed. And how many college QBs sport a 4.0 GPA in Finance? Obviously, and this is the most important factor, Schor has the right stuff between his ears.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if he has a successful season I won't be surprised if he's drafted, and I won't be surprised if he makes a roster.

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - JMU - 08-17-2017 08:13 AM

(08-17-2017 06:51 AM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(08-16-2017 08:42 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  I would be very surprised if Schor gets on an NFL roster. He is a FCS Joe Montana, but I don't think he translates to the big boy pro game at all.

True, there are many stories of "awesome statistical college QBs who can't make it in the NFL"....but Schor's potential isn't just about stats.

It's about Schor's head and legs, and the way he manages the game. He has the size to play in the NFL. He has the 'escapability" to play in the NFL. He's accurate. He has enough foot speed. And how many college QBs sport a 4.0 GPA in Finance? Obviously, and this is the most important factor, Schor has the right stuff between his ears.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if he has a successful season I won't be surprised if he's drafted, and I won't be surprised if he makes a roster.

For Schor!

RE: 17 Days to Kickoff... In Schor We Trust!! - bcp_jmu - 08-17-2017 11:19 AM

100% in agreement with Longhorn on this one... kid has heart, brains, and talent - seems a bit like Kirk Cousins (he might be a backup, but he'll prepare like a starter). The only knock I can think of is ball-speed, but that can be improved.