CSNbbs
FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? (/thread-824180.html)

FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - emu79 - 08-15-2017 02:20 AM

Also which true frosh may see playing time this year?

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - TheWoodenNickle - 08-15-2017 04:59 AM

Sow.

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - emu steve - 08-15-2017 10:08 AM

I'm going mostly JUCOs:

1). Desmond Kelly,

2). Shaq Jones,

3). Tyler LaBarbera,

4). Ville Valasti

And my one true frosh: Sow

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - EagleTough - 08-15-2017 10:48 AM

(08-15-2017 10:08 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I'm going mostly JUCOs:

1). Desmond Kelly,

2). Shaq Jones,

3). Tyler LaBarbera,

4). Ville Valasti

Kelly and LaBarbera for sure. Jones is in a serious depth chart battle, Valasti gets reps because there is no depth at DE, and Sow TBD. A couple of the freshmen CB's are turning the most heads. The freshman OG from Germany is a competent future interior lineman.

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - emu steve - 08-15-2017 11:19 AM

(08-15-2017 10:48 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(08-15-2017 10:08 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I'm going mostly JUCOs:

1). Desmond Kelly,

2). Shaq Jones,

3). Tyler LaBarbera,

4). Ville Valasti

Kelly and LaBarbera for sure. Jones is in a serious depth chart battle, Valasti gets reps because there is no depth at DE, and Sow TBD. A couple of the freshmen CB's are turning the most heads. The freshman OG from Germany is a competent future interior lineman.

Good to hear. Sounds like that we have a full compliment of new talent.

I don't care if it a FBS incoming class or the farm system for a MLB team, it is very, very hard to predict early on who will make it and who won't.

So it seems our strongest recruited positions are DL and CB? Some help on the OL but they are maybe 'more for the future.'

And to show how CRAZY recruiting is: Our best OL prospects are from foreign countries. Our best DL prospects are from JUCO.

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - emu79 - 08-15-2017 02:42 PM

I like the Sow pick, depending on injuries I see the German offensive lineman redshirting. I think CB Jeff Hubbard could be a surprise. Oakes at TE may play due to depth concerns and Boyd at LB could play right away again due to depth concerns.

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - Luckeyone - 08-15-2017 03:50 PM

I believe this RB out of Florida Karmi Mackey could be promising if he showed up for fall camp.

Rushed for 1,953 yards and 20 touchdowns as a junior, accounting for 39 total touchdowns in just eight games...Amassed 3,739 all-purpose yards in his high school career...Missed entire senior season after an injury sustained during track season...

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - EagleTough - 08-15-2017 03:51 PM

(08-15-2017 02:42 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I like the Sow pick, depending on injuries I see the German offensive lineman redshirting. I think CB Jeff Hubbard could be a surprise. Oakes at TE may play due to depth concerns and Boyd at LB could play right away again due to depth concerns.

Hubbard is exactly the CB I was referring to. Has the talent as some swagger. Bobby Brown III is also a player.

I'd say we're plenty deep at the 2 LB spots with Beck, Pickett, Spearman, and Rachwal. Should be able to redshirt Boyd and Myrick unless they're just special teams monsters or somehow leapfrog the 4 aforementioned guys. Or maybe the coaches just want to get them some real reps during the season, with Beck and Spearman graduating?

Hoping Kemp steps up at TE, instead of having to rely on a 225lb true freshman! Kemp will never be a plus blocker, but apparently he's a pretty tough matchup in the slot ( a poor man's Kilby).

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - EagleTough - 08-15-2017 04:06 PM

(08-15-2017 03:50 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I believe this RB out of Florida Karmi Mackey could be promising if he showed up for fall camp.

Rushed for 1,953 yards and 20 touchdowns as a junior, accounting for 39 total touchdowns in just eight games...Amassed 3,739 all-purpose yards in his high school career...Missed entire senior season after an injury sustained during track season...

Would be shocked if he isn't redshirted with our RB depth and talent. Agree he could be a factor in a couple years.

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - emu79 - 08-15-2017 05:56 PM

With Barnes gone, Jake Julien has a chance to make an impact right away.

RE: FB What New Incoming Players will have the most impact? - Luckeyone - 08-15-2017 09:28 PM

(08-15-2017 04:06 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(08-15-2017 03:50 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I believe this RB out of Florida Karmi Mackey could be promising if he showed up for fall camp.

Would be shocked if he isn't redshirted with our RB depth and talent. Agree he could be a factor in a couple years.
Agree