CSNbbs
OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference (/thread-823895.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - 8BitPirate - 08-11-2017 09:08 AM

How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference

Stolen from the ACC board....

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - Hood-rich - 08-11-2017 09:28 AM

Spot on. The amount of money being spent to spoil these little shitheads pisses me off tbh. Most of them have no business in a college classroom.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - invisiblehand - 08-11-2017 09:30 AM

(08-11-2017 09:28 AM)Hood-rich Wrote:  Spot on. The amount of money being spent to spoil these little shitheads pisses me off tbh. Most of them have no business in a college classroom.

Irony.

OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - Westhoff123 - 08-11-2017 09:57 AM

I lol'd at the concussion part. Its definitely perfectly reasonable to lock people with concussions in a dark closet, why UH hasn't adopted this method of treat is puzzling.

Obviously the dumb millennials are the reason our team doctors are lagging behind in modern sports medicine.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - HuskyU - 08-11-2017 10:02 AM

Poor Big 12 leadership killed the Big 12.

Poor MVC leadership also killed the MVC.

Poor MWC leadership is currently killing the MWC.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - C0|db|00ded - 08-11-2017 10:11 AM

Watching Mangino rip into that player for over-celebrating screaming "You did it all on your own didn't you? You did it all on your own..." just gave me chills. What a great man trying to teach a wayward young man an important lesson in life. His reward? Fired. Same goes for The General, Bobby Knight. The worst thing that Bobby Knight ever did was teach young people to respect their elders. Fired.

T

...03-cool

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - geef - 08-11-2017 10:13 AM

(08-11-2017 09:30 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 09:28 AM)Hood-rich Wrote:  Spot on. The amount of money being spent to spoil these little shitheads pisses me off tbh. Most of them have no business in a college classroom.

Irony.

Indeed.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - Wooglin157 - 08-11-2017 10:33 AM

(08-11-2017 10:11 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Watching Mangino rip into that player for over-celebrating screaming "You did it all on your own didn't you? You did it all on your own..." just gave me chills. What a great man trying to teach a wayward young man an important lesson in life. His reward? Fired. Same goes for The General, Bobby Knight. The worst thing that Bobby Knight ever did was teach young people to respect their elders. Fired.

T

...03-cool
Elders or anyone else do not always deserve automatic and unconditional respect.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - KNIGHTTIME - 08-11-2017 10:37 AM

Big 12 was killed by losing a lot of key members. They still are pretty good, but not much sexy in the league now.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - C0|db|00ded - 08-11-2017 10:38 AM

(08-11-2017 10:33 AM)Wooglin157 Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 10:11 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Watching Mangino rip into that player for over-celebrating screaming "You did it all on your own didn't you? You did it all on your own..." just gave me chills. What a great man trying to teach a wayward young man an important lesson in life. His reward? Fired. Same goes for The General, Bobby Knight. The worst thing that Bobby Knight ever did was teach young people to respect their elders. Fired.

T

...03-cool
Elders or anyone else do not always deserve automatic and unconditional respect.

Mangino and Knight do.

Spoken like a true Snowflake. Who gets to be the judge of which elder you respect and which one you slap around? The kid? Welcome to reverse bizarro society where the child screams at the parent while he OR she helicopters above dropping glitter and gummy bears down below while praying for forgiveness. Nothing wrong with that at all...

T

...03-cool

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - Hood-rich - 08-11-2017 10:41 AM

(08-11-2017 09:30 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

Irony.

How?

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - invisiblehand - 08-11-2017 10:49 AM

(08-11-2017 10:38 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

Mangino and Knight do.

Spoken like a true Snowflake. Who gets to be the judge of which elder you respect and which one you slap around? The kid? Welcome to reverse bizarro society where the child screams at the parent while he OR she helicopters above dropping glitter and gummy bears down below while praying for forgiveness. Nothing wrong with that at all...

T

...03-cool

Ya, throwing chairs across the court really shows your quality character. Pfffft!

To quote Rage Against the Machine, "F*^% YOU! I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!"

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - panama - 08-11-2017 10:56 AM

T

...03-cool

I see it daily in the workplace. Its the same sort of facilities arms race to make them comfortable at work, to keep attracting them and keep coddling them. They basically come to work like they were rolled in an alley last night. I really can appreciate the point in the article about quitting. They will not give an employer more than a year if things arent going as they expect..."I have not been promoted!". The article was mostly tongue in cheek but a whole lot of truth.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - Wooglin157 - 08-11-2017 11:00 AM

(08-11-2017 10:38 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Mangino and Knight do.

T

...03-cool

The "kids" putting their bodies on their line? Yeah they can advocate for whatever they want to. That's their business.

lol and why do you get to determine who deserves respect or not?

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - quo vadis - 08-11-2017 11:03 AM

(08-11-2017 10:02 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Poor Big 12 leadership killed the Big 12.

Except ... the Big 12 has never been more prosperous. 07-coffee3

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - DefCONNOne - 08-11-2017 11:04 AM

(08-11-2017 10:49 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

Mangino and Knight do.

T

...03-cool

Ya, throwing chairs across the court really shows your quality character. Pfffft!

Yeah, that about sums up today's college athlete. It's all them, no one helped them get where they are...at all.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - HuskyU - 08-11-2017 11:07 AM

(08-11-2017 11:03 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 10:02 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Poor Big 12 leadership killed the Big 12.

Except ... the Big 12 has never been more prosperous. 07-coffee3

Not in perception. Perception is reality. 07-coffee3

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - Wooglin157 - 08-11-2017 11:09 AM

(08-11-2017 10:56 AM)panama Wrote:  I see it daily in the workplace. Its the same sort of facilities arms race to make them comfortable at work, to keep attracting them and keep coddling them. They basically come to work like they were rolled in an alley last night. I really can appreciate the point in the article about quitting. They will not give an employer more than a year if things arent going as they expect..."I have not been promoted!". The article was mostly tongue in cheek but a whole lot of truth.

I think it is more than likely employers have found it is much cheaper to develop some of those things rather than actually address wage stagnation, vacation/leave time scarcity, retirement options, etc. A lot of those things were being gutted when Millennials were in their father's balls still.

Employers think we want those items, and sure, it may entice some. But more realistically, we want good wages, vacation, and retirement options. And we will certainly hop around to get it and not just bend over for a company that demands loyalty but will show zero in return.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - kmfloyd - 08-11-2017 11:09 AM

(08-11-2017 11:04 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

Mangino and Knight do.

T

...03-cool

Yeah, that about sums up today's college athlete. It's all them, no one helped them get where they are...at all.

That attitude of entitlement was not invented by today's college athlete. Top athletes have been conditioned with the fact they can pretty much get away with anything for years. Millennials are just easy to pick on because of all their annoying tendencies.

RE: OT: How Millennials are killing the Big12 Conference - invisiblehand - 08-11-2017 11:11 AM

(08-11-2017 11:04 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

Mangino and Knight do.

T

...03-cool

That's not what that quote is about at all. It's not about who helped you. It's about not blindly obeying authority figures that think they deserve respect just because they're in a position of power. "Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses"

Some of those that ask for respect are the same that chuck chairs onto a basketball court.