CSNbbs
WVU offense vs. VT defense - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Conference Talk (/forum-188.html)
+---- Thread: WVU offense vs. VT defense (/thread-823420.html)

WVU offense vs. VT defense - Hokie Mark - 08-05-2017 09:06 PM

SportsOnEarth recently did their lists of top 25 offenses and defenses for the upcoming season, and no surprise, the Mountaineer "O" and Hokie "D" both made their lists...

TOP 25 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFENSES
21. West Virginia.
The Mountaineers may get an upgrade at quarterback in Will Grier, a transfer from Florida, and senior RB Justin Crawford ran for 1,184 yards as a juco transfer last fall. Only five starters return on offense -- center Tyler Orlosky and receivers Shelton Gibson and Daikiel Shorts are among the impact players lost -- but Grier offers hope that Dana Holgorsen's offense can perform at a high level, which is a necessity, given the greater attrition facing the defense.

TOP 25 COLLEGE FOOTBALL DEFENSES
6. Virginia Tech.
The pairing of new head coach Justin Fuente with longtime Hokies defensive coordinator Bud Foster worked well in its first season, as Virginia Tech won the ACC Coastal. This team has some holes to fill on offense, but the defense will be excellent despite key losses on the line. The Hokies have three All-ACC caliber corners in Brandon Facyson, Greg Stroman and Adonis Alexander, and brothers Tremaine Edmunds, a linebacker, and Terrell Edmunds, a safety, are also proven playmakers. Throw in the return of MLB Andrew Motuapuaka and the breakout potential of DTs Tim Settle and Ricky Walker, and this will again be an excellent unit that will keep the Hokies in the division title mix.

Should be quite a game!

RE: WVU offense vs. VT defense - Hokie Mark - 08-06-2017 06:56 AM

More fuel to the fire: this simulation has VT holding WVU to a pair of field goals en route to a 17-6 victory. Honestly, I don't see that happening in real life!

RE: WVU offense vs. VT defense - Otacon - 08-07-2017 07:12 AM

I think it's going to take us a few games to get offense rolling.... hopefully I'm wrong

RE: WVU offense vs. VT defense - Hokie Mark - 09-04-2017 06:42 AM

(08-07-2017 07:12 AM)Otacon Wrote:  I think it's going to take us a few games to get offense rolling.... hopefully I'm wrong

Will Grier looked very good. Great game! Best wishes on the rest of your season, 'Eers!