CSNbbs
"I came here to start" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: "I came here to start" (/thread-823300.html)

"I came here to start" - biglizard - 08-04-2017 07:24 AM

https://articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/uab_freshman_qb_tyler_johnston.amp

These two guys are really pushing each other hard.

RE: "I came here to start" - blazerball25 - 08-04-2017 08:38 AM

I want the best guy to start at QB for us. If AJ is that guy then so be it.

However, I can't imagine that Clark was able to get the Alabama POY (Tyler) and his 4 star brother (Thomas) to commit if Tyler was going to play 2nd fiddle for 2 years. If AJ wins the job this year, barring injury, Tyler will be on the bench except in spot situations until his Junior year.

Personally, I am pulling for Tyler to be a 4 year starter over a guy who went to MTSU then JUCO and then found us.

RE: "I came here to start" - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-04-2017 08:45 AM

He will play more than spot duty. HCBC has always played two and sometimes three qbs.

RE: "I came here to start" - UABslant - 08-04-2017 12:11 PM

Clark said he will utilize two QBs this season. It's won't be 50/50, but teams will see two QBs from UAB.

RE: "I came here to start" - Big Dee - 08-04-2017 02:14 PM

If we run QB's why S. Copeland never got a shot, he was an actual 3 star juco QB.

RE: "I came here to start" - WesternBlazer - 08-04-2017 03:36 PM

(08-04-2017 02:14 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  If we run QB's why S. Copeland never got a shot, he was an actual 3 star juco QB.

I think he was/is like the guy at Auburn - more of a 3 star athlete than QB...

RE: "I came here to start" - the Dragon - 08-04-2017 03:38 PM

(08-04-2017 02:14 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  If we run QB's why S. Copeland never got a shot, he was an actual 3 star juco QB.

Coach Clark doesn't care about star ratings from website sources. He is going to play the guy or guys that give us the best chance to win!

RE: "I came here to start" - Big Dee - 08-04-2017 06:08 PM

(08-04-2017 03:38 PM)the Dragon Wrote:  

Coach Clark doesn't care about star ratings from website sources. He is going to play the guy or guys that give us the best chance to win!

How about giving him a try first, i understand what coach is doing but how bout depth and development. Right now we play two if any of the top two gets hurt it could be trouble and i doubt Blinn or Turner plays in the two QB system. We just lost two TE's (should still be ok) we cant afford this situation at QB. We got enough WRs and competition there.

@ WesternB
I doubt JF3 got any true time to develop an any situation he was in. He shouldve went lower level D1 to stay a QB and get necessary reps there. I believe the same thing wouldve happened to Joe if he went P5 scout team QB, WR, or DB.

RE: "I came here to start" - Smaug - 08-05-2017 07:30 PM

At our first scrimmage last year, Johnston looked terrible. IIRC, he'd just been cleared to practice after his elbow surgery, and had a bit of a noodle arm. In the second scrimmage, he looked like a different quarterback.