CSNbbs
Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org (/thread-822361.html)

Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - WesternBlazer - 07-20-2017 06:47 PM

http://www.ncaa.org/static/champion/lost-and-found/

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - ndjs22 - 07-20-2017 07:46 PM

That's one of the better articles I've read about what happened.

Just read it again, I'll add except for the part about Watts having a rational plan.

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - oldragon - 07-20-2017 10:30 PM

Go Birmingham Go Blazers

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - biglizard - 07-21-2017 08:14 AM

(07-20-2017 07:46 PM)ndjs22 Wrote:  That's one of the better articles I've read about what happened.

Just read it again, I'll add except for the part about Watts having a rational plan.

I'm sure Ray and company hope this ends up as the official historical version

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - iam4uab - 07-21-2017 11:28 AM

Absolutely hated the way they portrayed Watts as a leader in the whole thing.

However, the part that pulled the curtain back on the business leaders' meeting was amazing!

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - BlazerPhil - 07-21-2017 12:39 PM

Yeah, nice article, that reads like it was edited by a Watzi press agent. Maybe Smithers or they kept the Kahn/Bruno embezzlers team around for just such an occasion.

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - hooverblazer - 07-23-2017 01:42 AM

Can anyone share the full roster of names that was in the UAB board room that closed the funding gap? I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall during that meeting.

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - 58-56 - 07-23-2017 11:46 AM

(07-21-2017 12:39 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  Yeah, nice article, that reads like it was edited by a Watzi press agent.

It does get this part exactly right:

Eliminating football was just one outcome of Watts' comprehensive plan for the university.

You may recall that the assault on football was the third such attempt by Watts to kill a program he, or more correctly his patrons, hated, as part of his grand vision to reduce UAB to a fourth-rate commuter college attached to a med school. The second was Honors, which likewise failed.

The first, which succeeded, was the Clean Air Initiative. You may also recall that this was done at the behest of Drummond Coal.

You may also recall that the Feds have flipped the First Blazer, Oliver Robinson.

You may also recall that the next link in that chain of scum and villainy is . . . Drummond Coal.

You may also recall that standard Fed practice is to keep flipping links in the chain.

Pumpkin suit to match a pumpkin head. Seems fitting.

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - UAB Band Dad - 07-23-2017 12:00 PM

An orange jumpsuit would be far more appropriate attire for Watts than green and gold anything.

RE: Lost and Found - UAB | An NCAA Champion Feature | NCAA.org - GreenHouseGas - 07-23-2017 07:34 PM

Tears in my eyes. That was an awesome story!

Bowl eligible in our first year back!!!

GO BLAZERS!!!