CSNbbs
Basketball Game Guarantee - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Basketball Game Guarantee (/thread-821781.html)

Basketball Game Guarantee - Zorch - 07-12-2017 03:32 PM

I was amusing myself reading the JMU board where some segments were lambasting their athletic director and others were defending him. One complaint was that JMU was getting $300K to play ECU this year but NC A&T will be getting $330K in 2018.

As I said, that thread was amusing until I came across this post in a thread concerning basketball schedules:

"Ohio State is paying $95,000 to each of their non-conference home opponents, except William & Mary ($90,000)"

So now I know how the poster felt wondering why my school received less than every other school. Probably desperation. (Even so, I am okay with it. Ohio State could be a winnable game for us this year).

RE: Basketball Game Guarantee - Tribal - 07-12-2017 03:58 PM

Least of our worries

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RE: Basketball Game Guarantee - TribeNiner - 07-13-2017 03:50 PM

(07-12-2017 03:32 PM)Zorch Wrote:  I was amusing myself reading the JMU board where some segments were lambasting their athletic director and others were defending him. One complaint was that JMU was getting $300K to play ECU this year but NC A&T will be getting $330K in 2018.

As I said, that thread was amusing until I came across this post in a thread concerning basketball schedules:

"Ohio State is paying $95,000 to each of their non-conference home opponents, except William & Mary ($90,000)"

So now I know how the poster felt wondering why my school received less than every other school. Probably desperation. (Even so, I am okay with it. Ohio State could be a winnable game for us this year).

Wish I felt that way. I know they've a new coach, but they're still bringing in a top-25 recruiting class, etc.

Basketball Game Guarantee - Tribeheart - 07-13-2017 04:58 PM

With Funderburk's recent dismissal and Beverly backing out of his commitment, they are about as thin as us, with only 8 scholarship players and a walk on. Not quite the recruit class they had, and only a freshman and sophomore center. Until we see a team turnaround from last year, though, I don't think we can place any road game in the winnable category, yet.

What I want to know is how did Navy get them to open the season in Annapolis last year??

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Basketball Game Guarantee - formertribe - 07-14-2017 12:52 PM

(07-13-2017 04:58 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  With Funderburk's recent dismissal and Beverly backing out of his commitment, they are about as thin as us, with only 8 scholarship players and a walk on. Not quite the recruit class they had, and only a freshman and sophomore center. Until we see a team turnaround from last year, though, I don't think we can place any road game in the winnable category, yet.

What I want to know is how did Navy get them to open the season in Annapolis last year??

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

Greg Paulus was on Navy's staff before moving over to Ohio State, he may have had something to do with it.

RE: Basketball Game Guarantee - bubbadog57 - 07-14-2017 02:07 PM

Sometimes congressional influence gets a school to play a game at one of the service academies.

RE: Basketball Game Guarantee - LeadBolt - 07-14-2017 02:15 PM

(07-14-2017 02:07 PM)BigTribe3 Wrote:  Sometimes congressional influence gets a school to play a game at one of the service academies.

The ghost of John Glenn?