CSNbbs
New Deveroes League? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: New Deveroes League? (/thread-821595.html)

New Deveroes League? - BeerCat - 07-10-2017 07:26 AM

It seems the deveroes league has been resurrected. They are playing at the Friars Club. The Friars Club twitter has put up some videos of various UC players for anyone interested.

RE: New Deveroes League? - dsquare - 07-10-2017 09:17 AM

I think the box scores are being posted on the Friar's Clubs twitter account. Saw Trevor Moore dropped 26 Saturday. Not sure what the fan seating situation is over there?

RE: New Deveroes League? - Recluse1 - 07-10-2017 10:52 AM

(07-10-2017 07:26 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  It seems the deveroes league has been resurrected. They are playing at the Friars Club. The Friars Club twitter has put up some videos of various UC players for anyone interested.

Cool! Looking at the two clips of Diarra, he's a very rangy but fast player and one who seems very well coordinated. Wish I could see more than a dunk and a block, but I'm glad just see any video.

RE: New Deveroes League? - robertfoshizzle - 07-10-2017 11:47 AM

Current/former Bearcats player I see on the box scores:

Team SLATS: Nysier Brooks, Quadri Moore, Kevin Johnson
Jackson All-Stars: Justin Jenifer, Trevor Moore
Worldwide Athletics: Jarron Cumberland, Mamoudou Diarra

RE: New Deveroes League? - SeniorBearcat - 07-10-2017 12:06 PM

(07-10-2017 09:17 AM)dsquare Wrote:  I think the box scores are being posted on the Friar's Clubs twitter account. Saw Trevor Moore dropped 26 Saturday. Not sure what the fan seating situation is over there?

Was Moore was the knockdown shooter we recruited...box score shows 0-9 from 3Pt land? Summer league means next to nothing (DeAndre Coleman), but still hoping he can shoot. Jarron Cumberlan 8-16 (5-7 3PT) for 25 Points 7 Rebounds and 5 Assists looks good for a meaningless game though.

In college when I followed recruiting more often I went to 2-3 Slats games every summer league. Gym was warm but a fair amount college basketball players were in those games in the early 2000s.

RE: New Deveroes League? - BeerCat - 07-17-2017 07:57 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/FriarsClubCincy/status/886661675780378624/video/1

Q with a gorgeous post move to score an easy bucket. Just kidding he's launching a fade away 3.

RE: New Deveroes League? - Bearcats#1 - 07-18-2017 06:36 AM

I used to go to these in the mid 90's.

The player I remember dominating every year back then was Jack Jennings. I think that was his name. He played for WKU. Van Exel used to come play there too (he was a Laker). I assumed he kept that on the down low as I'm sure LA front office wouldn't have like to hear that he was putting his career at risk in meaningless summer league games.