CSNbbs
Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football (/thread-820798.html)

Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - SylvaniaRocket - 06-26-2017 05:59 AM

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/807502

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - Stpetebeachrocketfan - 06-26-2017 09:13 AM

This is really cool! Good for him!

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - eastisbest - 06-26-2017 01:52 PM

I can't imagine what he'd be like on a full diet of "hungry again in an hour" but his personality will be a big hit. Congrats!

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - Rocket75 - 06-26-2017 03:25 PM

I wonder if he can motivate the players by telling them about the time his no name little program beat Meeechigan.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - eastisbest - 06-26-2017 04:48 PM

and then he got fired. I will always be happy that he got that win against Michigan, before his exit. It was a well deserved reward. My neck still bends when I recall those two kicks (ours and theirs) heading towards the pole. Tyrrell Herbert with what has to be one of the all time great Rocket performances.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - emanoh - 06-26-2017 05:32 PM

And Nick Moore with like 30 catches.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - Terry - 06-26-2017 05:33 PM

(06-26-2017 05:32 PM)emanoh Wrote:  And Nick Moore with like 30 catches.

it was 20

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - emanoh - 06-26-2017 05:46 PM

I was exaggerating, but I Knew it was a lot. UT single game record.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - inductchuck16 - 06-27-2017 12:06 AM

You guys nailed it...Nick Moore with the UT single game record 20 receptions...Tyrrell Herbert with the 100-yard pick-six...really envious of the Rockets that personally witnessed that game, I was only able to listen to the last 10 minutes of it driving home from my soccer game. Like East said, it was a well deserved reward for Amstutz aka Toledo Tom.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - Rocket_Fanatic - 06-27-2017 05:34 AM

(06-27-2017 12:06 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  You guys nailed it...Nick Moore with the UT single game record 20 receptions...Tyrrell Herbert with the 100-yard pick-six...really envious of the Rockets that personally witnessed that game, I was only able to listen to the last 10 minutes of it driving home from my soccer game. Like East said, it was a well deserved reward for Amstutz aka Toledo Tom.

I felt like I was floating leaving the Big House that afternoon. Easily one of the best sports moments of my life...

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - H2Oville Rocket - 06-27-2017 05:58 AM

(06-27-2017 12:06 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  You guys nailed it...Nick Moore with the UT single game record 20 receptions...Tyrrell Herbert with the 100-yard pick-six...really envious of the Rockets that personally witnessed that game, I was only able to listen to the last 10 minutes of it driving home from my soccer game. Like East said, it was a well deserved reward for Amstutz aka Toledo Tom.

I believe it's a U of M stadium record for receptions as well.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - rocket 51 - 06-27-2017 05:59 AM

Happy for Tom. The UM -UT game was the most perplexing sports event I have ever attended. Being a big fan of BOTH teams, during that game I felt mania and depression as I sat there in the south end zone. Wanted UT to win in the Big House but hated UM to lose as well considering the situation there. What a conundrum, I think?

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - rocket 51 - 06-27-2017 06:05 AM

One other funny side note...in Detroit 97.1 FM is the U of M flagship station and the afternoon guys are Mike Valenti and Terry Foster. Valenti is arguably the most obnoxious Sparty in the entire state of Michigan. For at least 5 days he would bump almost every break with a clip the U of M announcer saying ..." Nick Moore on the reception"...much funnier live, back then, for sure.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - MotoRocket - 06-27-2017 11:18 AM

That game was between the two schools of which I am an alumni, but I just can't pull for Michigan unless they are playing somebody I couldn't care less about. Now that Harbaugh is the coach, it is even easier to dislike them and although I went there for grad school, it was the business school and I didn't have to deal with the other BS that goes on at that campus constantly. It also lead to one of the great lines in the OSU-UM rivalry when a station started talking about Michigan either being late or not making the trip down to Columbus at all for THE game that year. The punch line - "they can't get through Toledo.."

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - emanoh - 06-27-2017 11:36 AM

I will forever remember walking out of UM stadium thinking this is the quietest 107,000 people. There were a couple of fans sitting on a curb, head in their hands, looking down and just shaking their heads, like what just happened.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - eastisbest - 06-27-2017 02:07 PM

I remember being approached by a Michigan fan and congratulated. Ushers, people in the street all seemed to take it in stride or certainly didn't "blame" the opponent for playing the better game. AND I didn't see any UT fans being buttheads about it either. It was a nice walk to the buses.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - SylvaniaRocket - 06-27-2017 03:11 PM

(06-27-2017 02:07 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  I remember being approached by a Michigan fan and congratulated. Ushers, people in the street all seemed to take it in stride or certainly didn't "blame" the opponent for playing the better game. AND I didn't see any UT fans being buttheads about it either. It was a nice walk to the buses.
That was a neat experience. We were treated very well in Ann Arbor. Much better than excursions to Columbus.
I can still hear our Rocket Marching band playing our alma mater after the game. It echoed through the Big House.

RE: Coaching Calls: Amstutz will guide USA Football - T-Town - 06-28-2017 04:13 PM

(06-26-2017 05:33 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(06-26-2017 05:32 PM)emanoh Wrote:  And Nick Moore with like 30 catches.

it was 20

Still enough to warrant a little post-game celebration that night, eh? 03-wink Of course all facets of discipline were a bit more laid back during the Stutz era as I recall.