CSNbbs
NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota (/thread-820295.html)

NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - 142niu - 06-17-2017 11:12 AM

Huge loss for NIU wrestling team. Bleise is from the same High School as NIU head coach Ludwig. I'm curious to what happened in this situation. Bleise was one match short of All-American honors this season. Kids a stud!

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/57628-steve-bleise-transfers-to-minnesota#.WUVT_MbMyCQ

NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - Dog Fan - 06-17-2017 12:16 PM

Maybe he has an insatiable urge to freeze his arse off in winter. He was trained by DeKalb winters and now wants to go big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - DogPoundNorth - 06-17-2017 02:41 PM

PJ steals another one

RE: NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - huskie1stdown - 06-17-2017 07:31 PM

I hate losing our best athletes.
This really is a bad trend in today's college athletics.

RE: NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - randyfensfanclub1 - 06-17-2017 07:33 PM

Maybe he wants to go to a better, storied program that has produced numerous championships and conference titles and better academics to boot?

Or maybe the late Verne Gagne's wrestling school has re-opened and he wants to practice in the barn that had holes, snow in it in the winter and chicken crap in the ring.

RE: NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - NIUfilmmaker - 06-18-2017 11:12 AM

They should limit transfers like this, allow them only for student athletes showing good cause like proximity to a sick parent or the like. Just another tool for the haves to keep programs on the rise down.

RE: NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - MajorHoople - 06-18-2017 03:27 PM

(06-17-2017 02:41 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  PJ steals another one

Hah hah = THIS!

RE: NIU Wrestling Steve Bleise to Transfer to University of Minnesota - dogdangit - 06-18-2017 04:23 PM

-A president stepping down and stuffing his pockets on the way out
-No Illinois budget to fund the school for a 3rd straight year
-proffesors arn't even hiding the fact they're looking to go teach elsewhere anymore
-Academic quality it declining as well
-campus facilities are rapidly declining
-athletics still has to downsize their budget and the idea that a men's program will be cut is getting stronger...

Just a couple reasons off the top of my head as to why any regular student would be looking to transfer, let alone student athlete's.